+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Hi guys,

I just discovered that the studio I went to take my photo in Calgary printed me the old specification even though i told them about the new specification and the guy told me they are aware of the recent change and that the settings in their system would automatically print out the new photo size. I believed him and thought they know what they were doing. I got to know mine was the wrong size when I took a friend there yesterday and I noticed the size that was printed for him was bigger than the one they did for me last month so I ask what was going on and the guy was telling me stories bla bla.

Now I'm not sure if my application would be returned because of this? Any idea what could happen to my application? anybody once in this kind of situation with wrong citizenship photo size? Anything I can do to safe my application from getting returned?

Thanks guys

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hi guys,

I just discovered that the studio I went to take my photo in Calgary printed me the old specification even though i told them about the new specification and the guy told me they are aware of the recent change and that the settings in their system would automatically print out the new photo size. I believed him and thought they know what they were doing. I got to know mine was the wrong size when I took a friend there yesterday and I noticed the size that was printed for him was bigger than the one they did for me last month so I ask what was going on and the guy was telling me stories bla bla.

Now I'm not sure if my application would be returned because of this? Any idea what could happen to my application? anybody once in this kind of situation with wrong citizenship photo size? Anything I can do to safe my application from getting returned?

Thanks guys
Hi, according to IRCC "If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed".

That doesn't sound as the application will be returned but they will just ask for new ones.

I don't know if anybody here have some experience about this cases.

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Hi, according to IRCC "If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed".

That doesn't sound as the application will be returned but they will just ask for new ones.

I don't know if anybody here have some experience about this cases.
Thank you Canven84, Can you please share the link to where you found that information?

Karami

Oct 19, 2017
@spyfy : please I need your help.

regarding question 13...
If I had temporary work resident visa , shall I declare it? It was in a country (UAE, Qatar) which never grants citizenship to Lebanese.
Please can u let me know ?

haven_asdn

May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
Med's Request
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
NA, RPRF request: 25-06-2013
Passport Req..
Week 4, November 2013
LANDED..........
already in canada
1. Let me ask the other way around: Why don't you just list it again? :)

2. Yes that should be enough. No one would question that Concordia teaches in English (mostly) or in French (sometimes) and both is fine.
Great! thanks for the reply

Divine Favour

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
does a student visa qualify as an immigration status

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
I will apply for CBSA records I guess, better to be late now, otherwise I do not want any inconsistencies later on. Thanks again razerbalde
i94 dates have been quite accurate in the past 3-4 years, however best would be to either check your credit card statements and correlate with the records. Or even apply for your CBSA entry/exit records (takes 4-5 weeks) to receive.

Make sure you have enough buffer so incase you do miss mentioning some entry/exits, you're fine.

bonehme

Oct 20, 2017
Hi spyfy,
My citizenship application was completed and mailed out on 13 Oct 2017. Unfortunately, I am now in the same situation as others in regard to wrongly answering Q13 due to misunderstanding or being misinformed. For Q13, I was told by someone that I only needed to list the required information that are relevant to my eligible period (oct 2012-oct 2017) and which in turn I did. I really need your help and advice on what to do in order to fix this problem.

Also, after reading your intake on how to answer Q13, I would say that I had definitly screwed up because I only provided the relevant information for the five years eligible period. FYI, I only listed the employment visa in a country outside my home country and Canada (starting date 1991/06 and ending date 2013/08) and also listed my only citizenship at birth (starting born date until current). However, I did not list the following:
1. As a university student in the USA with a student visa from 1983-1991.
2. I had a USA visit visa 1993-1998.
3. I had a USA permenant residency card/green card 1996-2006, but expired in 2006.
4. When born, I was living and accompanying my parents outside my home country until I went to college in the USA.

My second question is related to the photo specs. My family and I had taken the photoes back in Sept 2017 and sent them with our applications. Will they be accepted? Are the photo specs under the 3/5 rule different from before. I also did not write my name on the back of the photo but I have placed them in a small photo envelop and wrote on the envelop my name and DOB.

Please accept my appreciation

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi spyfy,
My citizenship application was completed and mailed out on 13 Oct 2017. Unfortunately, I am now in the same situation as others in regard to wrongly answering Q13 due to misunderstanding or being misinformed. For Q13, I was told by someone that I only needed to list the required information that are relevant to my eligible period (oct 2012-oct 2017) and which in turn I did. I really need your help and advice on what to do in order to fix this problem.

Also, after reading your intake on how to answer Q13, I would say that I had definitly screwed up because I only provided the relevant information for the five years eligible period. FYI, I only listed the employment visa in a country outside my home country and Canada (starting date 1991/06 and ending date 2013/08) and also listed my only citizenship at birth (starting born date until current). However, I did not list the following:
1. As a university student in the USA with a student visa from 1983-1991.
2. I had a USA visit visa 1993-1998.
3. I had a USA permenant residency card/green card 1996-2006, but expired in 2006.
4. When born, I was living and accompanying my parents outside my home country until I went to college in the USA.

My second question is related to the photo specs. My family and I had taken the photoes back in Sept 2017 and sent them with our applications. Will they be accepted? Are the photo specs under the 3/5 rule different from before. I also did not write my name on the back of the photo but I have placed them in a small photo envelop and wrote on the envelop my name and DOB.

Please accept my appreciation
My two cents: after getting AOR (file reference number), send IRCC a letter (I believe through the webform) explaining that you missed the info, and they can add it to your file.

The photo spec was last updated on August 23, and hasn't changed for C6 applicants. If you got your photos clicked in September (im assuming based on the spec from august, size 50mmx70mm), then you'll be fine. DId you submit all your family member's applications in the same envelope ? Writing on envelope is probably ok as long as you wrote it for everyone in your family. Not a 100% sure on this. Could depend on the officer screening your file.