+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
It was confirmed it will be returned when I spoke to someone at IRCC - but they said to resend the application with a cover letter explaining; and that I didn't have to wait for documents to be returned...
both my applications managed to arrive together this morning, so hopefully that doesn't cause confusion!
Agents know nothing ( zero). I wonder how people in Canada living for years still trust people behind a desk. You will never know unless you see you application is retuned.

If you ask now another agent, you will hear different reply.

Reactions: sheriB

uma057

Oct 5, 2017
Of course you can apply even if you arrived in Canada less than five years ago. What matters is that you lived in Canada for 3 years. Note that days before PR only count as half-days.
Hi Spyfy

I need your advice about my situation. Some of the jobs that i did back in 2012 while looking for a full time job in my field. I did not declare them in my PR application and wrote i was unemployed at that time. I want ask u that now i have to write all of my jobs in last 5 years

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi Seniors,
Should the letter from the University for the language of instruction - address CIC or should it say whom it may concern? I am attaching degree, transcript and the letter from the university.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
Agents know nothing ( zero). I wonder how people in Canada living for years still trust people behind a desk. You will never know unless you see you application is retuned.

If you ask now another agent, you will hear different reply.
They haven't worked customer service at a call center. Half of them are probably subcontracted barely out of high school kids taking calls ( seriously it happens). They have two days training and a script. It's unlikely they are all actual IO's with real world experience dealing with the actual paperwork. At least in my opinion. If they can put a minimally trained person in the seat who can answer basic questions, why wouldn't they?

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
They haven't worked customer service at a call center. Half of them are probably subcontracted barely out of high school kids taking calls ( seriously it happens). They have two days training and a script. It's unlikely they are all actual IO's with real world experience dealing with the actual paperwork. At least in my opinion. If they can put a minimally trained person in the seat who can answer basic questions, why wouldn't they?
I know for sure this is the case. Only the officers know the answers and they are doing their jobs.I trust some ppl in here more than any other agents whether on phone or "facebook". Look at a reply someone got from a facebook agent regarding "where were you physically located", he literally answered the same question, his answer was " where were you located for your job". He could just have said "your company address that you are working in". I am not arguing about this question whether it's this way or another, but how they vaguely reply BECAUSE THEY KNOW NOTHING

Reactions: blueangel371115

coolboys

Apr 5, 2014
hi everyone,

today I call cic office to ask for police clearance certificate, the guy told me that still they are waiting for this answer from Ottawa. And when they get they will call me or email me.

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
Guys while I am still waiting for the police clearance from my country ( applied for 3 months back). I wanted to find out if below checklist (for post C6 application) is all I need
1. Application form filled
2. Passport biographic pages copy
3. PR copy
4. IELTS copy
5. Police clearance certificate (for 183 + days )
6. Payment receipt

Anything I am missing? ..should be standard for most of the applicants i suppose.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Guys while I am still waiting for the police clearance from my country ( applied for 3 months back). I wanted to find out if below checklist (for post C6 application) is all I need
1. Application form filled
2. Passport biographic pages copy
3. PR copy
4. IELTS copy
5. Police clearance certificate (for 183 + days )
6. Payment receipt

Anything I am missing? ..should be standard for most of the applicants i suppose.
Don't forget the physical presence cal printout, signed and dated matching your main application form. Also 2 photos with name of photographer/studio, their address, date photo was taken and also your name written on the back

Jforce

Jun 21, 2017
Hello,

I have a problem with Section 9 Status table. I received my work permit on 20 November 2013 and it is expired on 10 March 2016. I also received my PR status on 30 July 2014. Should I put in the table an expiration date 29 July 2014 for my work permit or 10 March 2016 as on the paper?

Also, if I had US VISA J-1 Exchange Visitor Program should I provide this information in Section 13. You can work at the USA with VISA J-1 and I do not know if that applies to immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada criteria. And do I have to provide any information about travel VISA like US B1/B2?

Last edited:

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hey Guys
In question 11 do we have to check all boxes (it says Check all that apply)? whether yes or No? what if I leave one or two blank?

Jforce

Jun 21, 2017
Hey Guys
In question 11 do we have to check all boxes (it says Check all that apply)? whether yes or No? what if I leave one or two blank?
Well the description says check all, so it is better for you to check all YES or NO, otherwise they may return your application.

Nessasary

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hi everyone. I wanted to know if my husband can use his current transcripts from a University he is attending in Ontario as proof of English proficiency. He has not yet completed the program but he is half way through. I don't see anything on the CIC website indicating that he needs to have completed a program in order to use the transcripts as proof. However I thought I would ask you fine people for clarification. Thanks in advance.

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
I forgot to mention one of my work ex in PR forms, should I mention it in Citizenship forms? I think yes I should give all info.. what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Kain12

Oct 15, 2017
Thank you so much !
Next week I;m going to give them a call and post their answer here. I know the waiting time is painful but hey, if it's for one question and then fire the application then why not.

Cheers
No is the way to go for me, you check Yes only if you want to claim time outside Canada. If you do then you must meet the criteria listed in the Help guide. hope this brings some light.

Reactions: blueangel371115

Kain12

Oct 15, 2017
Question 14 a)

My first passport expired, I added the info no problem.

I have done my second spanish passport in Canada via the Embassy, I didn't not have to go to Spain for it. Should I put in Country of Issue " Spain " and Place of Issue " Toronto " ?