Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Hello friends,

1) For the travel records, I visited Dubai for a month, and from there I traveled to Pakistan for a week. So should I enter my destination as Pakistan with a one-month stopover in Dubai, or should I list the visits on a separate line?

2) The minor document checklist is asking for the landing document, PR card copy and other two types of photographs. Is there any harm if I give these same documents for my (adult) application as well, even though they do not ask for it?

3) On my wife's passport, she has the old passport which has a USA visa attached, one of the immigration officers in Dubai, put the exit stamped in her old passport, do I need to explain it to the officers now, or only if they ask for it?

4) On the photo there is a line which says guarantor and the photo studio address. Can I leave the guarantor line blank? And just put name and date of birth?

5) I always visitied USA in the morning through the car and came back before 12am midnight back to Canada, but when I visit the I94 entry exit records website, it mentions the next day of returning to Canada. So should I enter the dates as per the i94 or should I do it as per my records?

6) Do we need to submit Notice of Assessment for the three years for our Taxes? Or would CIC get them from CRA themselves?

Last edited:

sopranotb

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Hi everyone, WATCH OUT!!

Instructions guide for minor applicants is still based on old application form not the new form version released in October. To make sure of that simply check first question in instruction guide versus first one in the new application form. One is asling about language and the other is asking about the legal guardian

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@alibhai800

Hello friends,

1) For the travel records, I visited Dubai for a month, and from there I traveled to Pakistan for a week. So should I enter my destination as Pakistan with a one-month stopover in Dubai, or should I list the visits on a separate line?

Together with the detail under reason. Since you only left Canada once for this trip, and not twice, only one entry is required.

2) The minor document checklist is asking for the landing document, PR card copy and other two types of photographs. Is there any harm if I give these same documents for my (adult) application as well, even though they do not ask for it?

They aren't asking for it because they don't need it. Try to avoid providing documents that aren't requested because it makes the officers life harder. As soon as they enter your UCI number they have access to all your details - including your PR status.

3) On my wife's passport, she has the old passport which has a USA visa attached, one of the immigration officers in Dubai, put the exit stamped in her old passport, do I need to explain it to the officers now, or only if they ask for it?

Only when (if) they ask.

4) On the photo there is a line which says guarantor and the photo studio address. Can I leave the guarantor line blank? And just put name and date of birth?

Don't do guess work. The photo spec found on the same page as the app and docs checklist tells you exactly what you need to do - and the sizes needed. Make sure you have the correct sized pics (they recently changed), have them stamped and print the applications name on each of the two pictures.

5) I always visitied USA in the morning through the car and came back before 12am midnight back to Canada, but when I visit the I94 entry exit records website, it mentions the next day of returning to Canada. So should I enter the dates as per the i94 or should I do it as per my records?

Just enter the actual dates of travel.

6) Do we need to submit Notice of Assessment for the three years for our Taxes? Or would CIC get them from CRA themselves?[/QUOTE]

No.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thanks for your reply. But the fact is that my 5 years period suppose to be started on November 2012, but i have arrived in Canada in 2013, so i can't apply now right?
Regarding other requirements i meet them all.
Of course you can apply even if you arrived in Canada less than five years ago. What matters is that you lived in Canada for 3 years. Note that days before PR only count as half-days.

Reactions: Niko Neman

morim

Oct 15, 2017
My situation is: I'm eligible to apply under C-6 since April. I'm currently living in USA under student visa (F1) with my husband and children (all F2 visa). We are in USA less than 183 days, because my program just started. My husband came as F2 visa but after that (2 months ago) got O1 visa and is currently working in USA.
I answered all questions in my application telling absolutely the truth:
Current home address: USA
Mailing address: Canada (my driver's license, bank account, insurance, ... has the same Canadian address)
Current work (husband): USA address
Current study place (my case): USA
I'm planning to mail my application from USA, although I live 1h30 from Canadian border I think it's kind of nonsense to travel just to get a Canadian stamp, as I already said I'm studying here.
Is anyone in the same situation? Any advice?

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Thank you jsm0085, appreciate the great answers.

@alibhai800

Hello friends,

Together with the detail under reason. Since you only left Canada once for this trip, and not twice, only one entry is required.

Kain12

Oct 15, 2017
Hi,

I'm in need of directions before I submit my application, your help will be much appreciated !

I first came to Canada on April 2013 as a worker for 2 years then I become PR in May 2015. with C-6 rules I'm eligible to apply.

My Eligibility period is saying from Oct 2012 to Oct 2017.

1 - In the Calculator, how do I list the period between Oct 2012 and April 2013 ? Do I have to or not ? Should I just not list it and then write an explanation letter explaining that I simply wasn't even here in Canada ?

2 - Question 9c, In my case should I say Yes or No ? Technically I had no status in Canada between Oct 2012 and April 2013 so even If I say yes I won't be able to fill the form or answer any of it's questions . I'm confused of what I should do here, again between Oct 2012 and April 2013 I wasn't in Canada and I had no status. my Work Visa was issued on March 15th 2013 and I came here in April 4th 2013 ( The date of my Work permit was issued).

3 - Question 10 a) . Should I list my address between Oct 2012 and April 4th 2013 ?

4 - Question 11 ) Should I list my employment info between Oct 2012 and April 4th 2013 ?

5 - Question 12 b ) Before become PR I had a SIN number starting with 9 and after PR I got a new SIN starting with 5. I filled the taxes of 2013 and 2014 under the old SIN and 2015 and 2016 under the new SIN. Should I list all of these years and add explanation letter that includes both SIN number ? Or no need for the explanation letter because they can simply get that information from the CRA ?

6 - 14 a) . I have a US Visitor VISA as well as UK visitor Visa, do I need to list those ?

Thanks a bunch !!!!! you are have no idea how this forum is helpful for many!

Cheers,

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi,

I'm in need of directions before I submit my application, your help will be much appreciated !

I first came to Canada on April 2013 as a worker for 2 years then I become PR in May 2015. with C-6 rules I'm eligible to apply.

My Eligibility period is saying from Oct 2012 to Oct 2017.

1 - In the Calculator, how do I list the period between Oct 2012 and April 2013 ? Do I have to or not ? Should I just not list it and then write an explanation letter explaining that I simply wasn't even here in Canada ?

2 - Question 9c, In my case should I say Yes or No ? Technically I had no status in Canada between Oct 2012 and April 2013 so even If I say yes I won't be able to fill the form or answer any of it's questions . I'm confused of what I should do here, again between Oct 2012 and April 2013 I wasn't in Canada and I had no status. my Work Visa was issued on March 15th 2013 and I came here in April 4th 2013 ( The date of my Work permit was issued).

3 - Question 10 a) . Should I list my address between Oct 2012 and April 4th 2013 ?

4 - Question 11 ) Should I list my employment info between Oct 2012 and April 4th 2013 ?

5 - Question 12 b ) Before become PR I had a SIN number starting with 9 and after PR I got a new SIN starting with 5. I filled the taxes of 2013 and 2014 under the old SIN and 2015 and 2016 under the new SIN. Should I list all of these years and add explanation letter that includes both SIN number ? Or no need for the explanation letter because they can simply get that information from the CRA ?

6 - 14 a) . I have a US Visitor VISA as well as UK visitor Visa, do I need to list those ?

Thanks a bunch !!!!! you are have no idea how this forum is helpful for many!

Cheers,
1 - The calculator first asks you when you had status in Canada. Simply don't list anything before you came to Canada. Neither as a presence nor as an absence. The calculator will then do the right thing.

2 - See my suggestion in the FAQ on the first page

3 - Yes

4 - Yes

5 - CRA linked your old SIN to your new SIN. Simply provide the current SIN and list all years, no matter what SIN you used back then. All your records are under that new permanent SIN with CRA. No explanation necessary.

6 - If it is just a visitor visa, don't list it. If it is a student visa/work visa,... then you should list it.

Reactions: Kain12

Kain12

Oct 15, 2017
1 - The calculator first asks you when you had status in Canada. Simply don't list anything before you came to Canada. Neither as a presence nor as an absence. The calculator will then do the right thing.

2 - See my suggestion in the FAQ on the first page

3 - Yes

4 - Yes

5 - CRA linked your old SIN to your new SIN. Simply provide the current SIN and list all years, no matter what SIN you used back then. All your records are under that new permanent SIN with CRA. No explanation necessary.

6 - If it is just a visitor visa, don't list it. If it is a student visa/work visa,... then you should list it.
Thank you so much for the prompt answer @spyfy

Again regarding question 2) I did read your suggestion but I'm still wondering what would be the best approach.

My best judgement is telling to me to say No period.

My other best judgement is telling me to say Yes and then provide a letter saying that this is confusing and I didn't have any status between Oct 2012 and April 2013 and this is why I didn't fill the form.

Which of the best judgement you think it's best to do ?

Again thanks a lot!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thank you so much for the prompt answer @spyfy

Again regarding question 2) I did read your suggestion but I'm still wondering what would be the best approach.

My best judgement is telling to me to say No period.

My other best judgement is telling me to say Yes and then provide a letter saying that this is confusing and I didn't have any status between Oct 2012 and April 2013 and this is why I didn't fill the form.

Which of the best judgement you think it's best to do ?

Again thanks a lot!
There is, unfortunately, no right way to deal with question 9c. I would say both my suggestion and your approach make sense. As said, IRCC messed up big time with that question.

So I can't say more than "do what makes you feel more comfortable".

Reactions: Kain12

Kain12

Oct 15, 2017
There is, unfortunately, no right way to deal with question 9c. I would say both my suggestion and your approach make sense. As said, IRCC messed up big time with that question.

So I can't say more than "do what makes you feel more comfortable".
Thank you so much !
Next week I;m going to give them a call and post their answer here. I know the waiting time is painful but hey, if it's for one question and then fire the application then why not.

Cheers

Reactions: ChippyBoy

J24

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
My situation is: I'm eligible to apply under C-6 since April. I'm currently living in USA under student visa (F1) with my husband and children (all F2 visa). We are in USA less than 183 days, because my program just started. My husband came as F2 visa but after that (2 months ago) got O1 visa and is currently working in USA.
I answered all questions in my application telling absolutely the truth:
Current home address: USA
Mailing address: Canada (my driver's license, bank account, insurance, ... has the same Canadian address)
Current work (husband): USA address
Current study place (my case): USA
I'm planning to mail my application from USA, although I live 1h30 from Canadian border I think it's kind of nonsense to travel just to get a Canadian stamp, as I already said I'm studying here.
Is anyone in the same situation? Any advice?
I am in the similar situation.