+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

Niloos

Oct 12, 2017
I have a question about after signing application and the online calculator with pen.
Is it ok that I use staples to attach the papers of my application?
and also attach the two pages of the online calculator using staples?
Or I have to use paper clips instead?

Reactions: ibry

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
I have a question about after signing application and the online calculator with pen.
I used stapler for 6 pages of application, and two pages of online calculator, because I signed them. All other papers attached by paper clips..there is no hard and fast rule as far as your application is complete :)

Last edited:

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Yes, I know I know, why start a new thread, there already are so many. :)
However, I feared that this FAQ would get lost if I posted it as a reply in one of the other threads.

I started an FAQ.
==
Hello Spyfy and others, I need to know about Question 13 please.

It says do you have any immigration or citizenship status in any other country, including your country of birth?

Well I am born in Dubai, but always had a Pakistani passport. Should I answer yes and list Pakistan info?

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
==
Hello Spyfy and others, I need to know about Question 13 please.

It says do you have any immigration or citizenship status in any other country, including your country of birth?

Well I am born in Dubai, but always had a Pakistani passport. Should I answer yes and list Pakistan info?
Yes,

Pakistan - Citizen
Dubai - resident or whatever status you held (if any)

Reactions: alibhai800

SarahF

Oct 12, 2017
Question 14(a): Is a visa travel document?
No. Passports a refugee travel documents are travel documents. A Visa is something that is just added to your passport. Think of it like this: The MAJOR document you show at the border is a travel document. Yes you also might show your visa at the border. But still, the most important document you show is the passport. But, for example, in Europe people can use a so called identity card to cross the border. That is also a travel document. It can be used to cross borders. Another example is a NEXUS card or an enhanced drivers licence. But unless you are an American or Canadian citizen it is very unlikely that you have an enhanced drivers licence.
Thanks a lot for this Spyfy! So does this mean that Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) is not considered a travel document according to Question 14 (a)?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi SPYFY,

I already sent my application yesterday.

However I noticed that I just went by the checklist and didn't include the photocopy of PR card or the COPR.

Is there a way that I can add it now?

I am really looking forward to your comment on this.
You don't need the CoPR in the application. The document checklist is correct. It was listed in the application guide still due to an error that will be corrected soon.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
@spyfy kindly elaborate a bit on implied status. An implied status (around a month) between two works permits should be considered separately? According to my understanding under implied status I was implied to be a temporary worker. Therefore there is no need of specifically mentioning separately in the presence calculator i.e cover 2012 to 2015 as a single temporary worker entry.
You should be fine either way. You can list it as a separate status or not. Humans will read your form, not machines.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Because I need to copy all my visas from 2012 to 2017 but I dont have my passport anymore. So I have to say I renew my passport and dont have my visas anymore.
You do NOT have to copy all your visas. They don't ask for it.

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
You don't need the CoPR in the application. The document checklist is correct. It was listed in the application guide still due to an error that will be corrected soon.
Thanks for your response SPYFY.

I also realized that I didn't sign at the back of photos.

Will my application be returned if I didn't sign at the back of the photos?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I have to disagree with this. According to, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/residence/tax.asp

it states the following:
"These procedures apply only to applications received on or after June 11, 2015.

To be eligible for citizenship, applicants are required to meet their tax filing obligations under the Income Tax Act for the appropriate relevant period:

For applications received on or after June 11, 2015 until October 10, 2017

• Four of the taxation years that fall fully or partially within the six years immediately before the date of application.
For applications received on or after October 11, 2017

• Three of the taxation years that fall fully or partially within the five years immediately before the date of application."
It states the tax years must be immediately before the date of the application. So if you sign it today, 2017 is still a tax year, you would tick off you have to file but you haven't filed yet, and then 2016/5/4/3. 3 out of the last 5 years must show that you filed your taxes.
I'm sorry but you are wrong. By simple logic actually. Please, from a simple logic point of you please liste the five years immediately BEFORE todays date. They are 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. On the other hand, 2017 is the year AT the date of application, not before.

You don't need 2017 in the tax list.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thanks a lot for this Spyfy! So does this mean that Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) is not considered a travel document according to Question 14 (a)?
No, a PRTD - despite the name - is just something you "attach" to your passport to cross the border/board the plane. The Passport was your travel document when you used the PRTD.

Reactions: SarahF

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
So after reading Spyfy's original post, it dawned on me I forgot to sign the Online Physical Presence calculator print out as I was rushing to a meeting to mail it.

Any thoughts on whether this will mean my application is returned or will IRCC contact me when they get around to processing my application and ask me to sign it then?

After issues with printing forms and being charged my fees multiple times yesterday, I thought i was done with application headaches; but I seemed to have caused a big one for myself.
I would also say that it is very likely your application will be returned. This is exactly the kind of thing I warned people of when they were trying to rush their applications.

Reactions: racxx

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I used stapler for 6 pages of application, and two pages of online calculator, because I signed them. All other papers attached by paper clips..there is no hard and fast rule as far as your application is complete :)
Ok used stapler too so far its not for the photos

Reactions: Niloos

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Thanks for your response SPYFY.

I also realized that I didn't sign at the back of photos.

Will my application be returned if I didn't sign at the back of the photos?
You only need your name behind not signature

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Generally, they don't like if you do any of that, paperclips, staples etc. But no worries, they won't return the application because of that. They will just talk about you over lunch "OMG, today I had one of those applicants that stapled their application and now I have to unstaple it. So much work, amirite?" :)