+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Hi Everyone. I am originally from India and eligible to apply for citizenship now. In the past 4 years, I've stayed a total of 186 days in India and need a police certificate from there. I have family in India who can procure the certificate from an authorized agency (in my case the Senior Superintendent of Police) and send it to me within 2 weeks. But on CIC's website says that this option is valid for applicants who are currently residing in India. If you live outside India, the website says that I need to get a certificate from the nearest Consulate. A certificate from the consulate with take 4-6 weeks. Do you think I can get the certificate directly from India and use that or will have to get it done through the consulate? This will speed track my application.
My $0.02.

I think it would be very fishy if you get a PCC from India, but your physical presence calculator does not show a trip during that time. I dont know how far the office would read into this. But if I were you, I would go the legit route. I know it means delaying your application by weeks, but I dont see any pressure of not getting citizenship for a legit case in the next few years, meaning the rules are not going to get tougher anytime soon.

On the other hand, if your application is delayed for this reason, it could be for several months.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
My $0.02.

I think it would be very fishy if you get a PCC from India, but your physical presence calculator does not show a trip during that time. I dont know how far the office would read into this. But if I were you, I would go the legit route. I know it means delaying your application by weeks, but I dont see any pressure of not getting citizenship for a legit case in the next few years, meaning the rules are not going to get tougher anytime soon.

On the other hand, if your application is delayed for this reason, it could be for several months.
If India allows to get a police certificate at the source from out of country, then you can get it out of country. Obviously the information by indian authorities on how to acquire a PCC is more reliable than the second-sourced list that IRCC provides. IRCC wants a police certificate. They don't care how you got it.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
If India allows to get a police certificate at the source from out of country, then you can get it out of country. Obviously the information by indian authorities on how to acquire a PCC is more reliable than the second-sourced list that IRCC provides. IRCC wants a police certificate. They don't care how you got it.
Like 1000000000 times. Phew!

uma057

Oct 5, 2017
Hi spyfy

My question is that when filling my tax return i used different mailing address then the actual address where i was living. How will that effect my application. CIC will issue my RQ becuase of this discrepency. Should i use the same address on my citizenship application that is on my tax return.
I created a thread but did not get any reply thats why i m posting my question here.

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
Hi SPYFY,

I already sent my application yesterday.

However I noticed that I just went by the checklist and didn't include the photocopy of PR card or the COPR.

Is there a way that I can add it now?

I am really looking forward to your comment on this.

modyrose

Mar 23, 2017
My $0.02.

I don't see think optics would be an issue since I've made 9 trips back to India in a span of 6 years :) the most recent one being in July. I need a PCC precisely because I've spent a little more than 6 months in a span of 4 years in India, with frequent trips including this year. Thanks for the 2 cents though :)

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I am attaching only the last one. The degree is just for proof of language, isnt it?
Yes just that but also under educational history. They said account for every month

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Then you seem to attach unnecessary documents...
Hi Spyfy, I have following questions -
Q13 - Have you ever had Immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada,including your country of birth?
My question - Is US visitor visa and other countries visit visas to be listed in this? Also my present country of birth and citizen of -that is since birth that is also to be listed?
Had UAE resident visa - is that also to be included?
Q15 - Language evidence - all three choice ,b),c) and second part of a) is not applicable for a student who did High school in Canada so is this to be left blank?
Lastly for a person who was in UAE with first 8 months of the eligibility period as a student ( Oct2012 to July 2013) but PR since July2012 how to fill up Q10a) and 11 ? Coz Oct 2012 -July 2013 was studying middle school in UAE and so the UAE address as physically located has to be filled up in 11 and but being a PR the Canadian address was given in all places for showing as resident of since July 2012. SO is this to be mentioned in 10 a) ?
Please let me know. Thanks for your time.