26-08-2015
Thank you Spyfy,
Do you have any ref for that thread ? PDF files
The vast majority of the info in that FAQ is just a condensed version of:
- The Application Form
- The Application Guide
- The Citizenship Act
- Other Forum Posts

Sorry, but I don't have the time/resources to list the references for each item.

Niloos

Oct 12, 2017
Hi Guys.
I was student (with study permit) even before the eligible time (before October 12, 2012) until the date of getting PR confirmation.
During the eligible time (before pr date) I had two study permits.
The first one was issued in 2011 and was valid till October 15, 2014.
The last one was issued on august 15, 2014.
Basically two study permits but no gaps!
1-Should I mentioned that I had two study permits in both the online calculator and the application form (Q.9.a)?
(I mean tell them i was student from October 12, 2012- october 15, 2014 and student from october 15,2014 to my pr date)

or just mention I was student from October 11, 2012 until my PR date?
2- Also for (Q.9.a) I should mention only "student" or I need to type student "(study permit)"?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Guys.
I was student (with study permit) even before the eligible time (before October 12, 2012) until the date of getting PR confirmation.
During the eligible times I had two study permits.
The first one was issued in 2011 and was valid till October 15, 2014.
The last one was issued on august 15, 2014.
Basically two study permits but no gaps!
1-Should I mentioned that I had two study permits in both the online calculator and the application form (Q.9.a)?
(I mean tell them i was student from October 12, 2012- october 15, 2014 and student from october 15,2014 to my pr date)

or just mention I was student from October 11, 2012 until my PR date?
2- Also for (Q.9.a) I should mention only "student" or I need to type student "(study permit)"?
One period is fine. About the wording: See the FAQ. No one will return your application because of such an irrelevant difference as between "student" or "study permit".

Reason for my reply: The question asks for the STATUS you had, not for the STATUS DOCUMENTS. And you had the status of student for a single period, just several documents to cover it.

Reactions: GBH and Niloos

Niloos

Oct 12, 2017
One period is fine. About the wording: See the FAQ. No one will return your application because of such an irrelevant difference as between "student" or "study permit".

Reason for my reply: The question asks for the STATUS you had, not for the STATUS DOCUMENTS. And you had the status of student for a single period, just several documents to cover it.
Thanks your very much spyfy!

toska123

Jul 6, 2017
spfy: Thanks for the great thread. Two questions: First, if one was issued a travel document after a successful appeal process when outside Canada (I know .. very specialized case), I assume answer to removal order question is no (removal orders only happen when one is in Canada as far as I understand). Second, is the travel document issued by the govt of Canada supposed to be listed in the travel documents section (my thinking is yes but again, not a lawyer).

DirectEnergy

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Hmm, my package seems to be ready. It is a pretty thin pile for citizenship, don't you find? Just a dozen or so pages. Nothing like when I applied for PR. Is yours also a dozen pages or so?

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
Hi SPYFY,

I already sent my application today.

However I noticed that I just went by the checklist and didn't include the photocopy of PR card or the COPR.

Is there a way that I can add it now?

I would really appreciate your inputs on this.

modyrose

Mar 23, 2017
Hi Everyone. I am originally from India and eligible to apply for citizenship now. In the past 4 years, I've stayed a total of 186 days in India and need a police certificate from there. I have family in India who can procure the certificate from an authorized agency (in my case the Senior Superintendent of Police) and send it to me within 2 weeks. But on CIC's website says that this option is valid for applicants who are currently residing in India. If you live outside India, the website says that I need to get a certificate from the nearest Consulate. A certificate from the consulate with take 4-6 weeks. Do you think I can get the certificate directly from India and use that or will have to get it done through the consulate? This will speed track my application.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Applying for citizenship has always been much simpler than PR.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Everyone. I am originally from India and eligible to apply for citizenship now. In the past 4 years, I've stayed a total of 186 days in India and need a police certificate from there. I have family in India who can procure the certificate from an authorized agency (in my case the Senior Superintendent of Police) and send it to me within 2 weeks. But on CIC's website says that this option is valid for applicants who are currently residing in India. If you live outside India, the website says that I need to get a certificate from the nearest Consulate. A certificate from the consulate with take 4-6 weeks. Do you think I can get the certificate directly from India and use that or will have to get it done through the consulate? This will speed track my application.
Ask the indian authorities. They know it better than IRCC.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
spfy: Thanks for the great thread. Two questions: First, if one was issued a travel document after a successful appeal process when outside Canada (I know .. very specialized case), I assume answer to removal order question is no (removal orders only happen when one is in Canada as far as I understand). Second, is the travel document issued by the govt of Canada supposed to be listed in the travel documents section (my thinking is yes but again, not a lawyer).
You are supposed to list the travel document, yes. About the first part: I don't know.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi question 15. A.).
Language evidence
Do you have proof of knowledge of English of french yes. I have certificates foreing in English

Did u complete linc or clic courses at clb 4 or higher.

What is LINC OR CLIC.

I COMPLETED CLB 8 at a adult language centre do i click yes to this?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hmm, my package seems to be ready. It is a pretty thin pile for citizenship, don't you find? Just a dozen or so pages. Nothing like when I applied for PR. Is yours also a dozen pages or so?
Mine is a whole catalogue.....