+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BWP is expiring soon. A decision for my PR application has not been made yet!!

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Hi guys,

My BWP (bridging work permit) is expiring on 26. April 2014. I applied under the CEC program and received my AOR on 17. April 2013. Application was received on 15. March 2013. I am currently working and was wondering if my BWP can be extended or not? From what I heard it is not possible, however it depends on case to case? Or should I just apply for a new open wp stating I am waiting for a decision for my PR application?

Please any advice is helpful, I don't know what to do, I don't want to lose my status in Canada or going through the whole LMO process again.

Thank you very much people :)

SweetDreams

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oh ya and I just received an AOR for my application, didn't get any MR or anything yet. I know from the CIC officer in sydney that my application has been sent to Ottawa and that's it.

Thanks for your help :)

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
SweetDreams said:
Hi guys,

My BWP (bridging work permit) is expiring on 26. April 2014. I applied under the CEC program and received my AOR on 17. April 2013. Application was received on 15. March 2013. I am currently working and was wondering if my BWP can be extended or not? From what I heard it is not possible, however it depends on case to case? Or should I just apply for a new open wp stating I am waiting for a decision for my PR application?

Please any advice is helpful, I don't know what to do, I don't want to lose my status in Canada or going through the whole LMO process again.

SweetDreams
There is no definite answer to this.
I'm in the same shoes. I'm currently on BOWP expiring in the end of April.
I had to defer my medical - Chest Xray portion due to my pregnancy, and I will not be completing it till mid March.
medical is done with exception of x-ray, Biodata / RPRF are done. I will be applying for extension of BOWP soon.
It looks like we just have to wait and see on this one.

Hope this helps.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
So there is no definite answer. There must be more people in the same boat like us. So how are you going to apply for an extension of BOWP? What application form did you plan to use? And does my status remain, while waiting for an answer on the extension of BOWP? It's really confusing, in my opinion.

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
Check this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/extension-of-bowp-t184430.0.html

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
SweetDreams said:
Hi guys,

SweetDreams
Did u check our GCMS notes why ur application is taking so long

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I think you can apply again as long as the rule below for 4 years does not apply to you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-03-24.asp

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
wessless said:
Check this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/extension-of-bowp-t184430.0.html
Thank you wessless. I checked the link and on the last post from iam_toby he said that you have to bring as much proof as possible to the VO who issues the WP. Now my question is, what else should I include other than my AOR! Other than that I don't have anything. What do you think?

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
gladaki said:
Did u check our GCMS notes why ur application is taking so long
Thanks for the response gladaki. No I haven't checked my GCMS yet. I will do that soon, since I found out about this GCMS this week. Can you provide a link where and how I can apply for a GCMS? Thanks a lot.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
SweetDreams said:
Thanks for the response gladaki. No I haven't checked my GCMS yet. I will do that soon, since I found out about this GCMS this week. Can you provide a link where and how I can apply for a GCMS? Thanks a lot.
just check the link in my signature..it has all the information
good luck

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
SweetDreams said:
Thank you wessless. I checked the link and on the last post from iam_toby he said that you have to bring as much proof as possible to the VO who issues the WP. Now my question is, what else should I include other than my AOR! Other than that I don't have anything. What do you think?
Hey, just attach an explanation letter. Make sure to mention stuff like application #, date aor received, any additional documents request(such as rcmp), medical received date etc. I'm sure the VO can pull your PR file up on GCMS and see that your application hasn't been finalized as yet. Should not have any issues extending your BOWP.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
SweetDreams said:
Thank you gladaki! I will apply for my GCMS.
That will give you some insight on what's happening with your application.

Apart from your AOR, include a letter of explanation in your next BOWP application, telling the VO
that you've applied for your GCMS notes, your PR application is still pending and your current BOWP
is about to expire.

That's should be sufficient. Having said all that, it's a new system, so make it a bullet proof case for the VO.

SweetDreams

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
iam_toby said:
That will give you some insight on what's happening with your application.

Apart from your AOR, include a letter of explanation in your next BOWP application, telling the VO
that you've applied for your GCMS notes, your PR application is still pending and your current BOWP
is about to expire.

That's should be sufficient. Having said all that, it's a new system, so make it a bullet proof case for the VO.
Ok awesome. Thanks a lot iam_toby and wessless. So just to be sure, I will have to use the same generic work permit application form and state that this is an extension of the BOWP, providing all the documents you mentioned for proof?

I feel a little better now guys. Thanks. We are all in the same boat :). It's good to have this forum.