+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BVL received, How long for ppr?

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
call ircc and get to know your eligibility .. because I received my BVL .... on 22nd june ... on 6th of july... I called the ircc agent and got to know that my eligibility has been failed ....
Im so sorry! Was hoping you would get through this time. IRCC is literally wasting time and playing with people’s careers/life with their recklessness. Yesterday a guy told me that he left his job for May intake and was rejected and is still unemployed waiting for results in his re application for the fall intake. There are countless people like him. This is enraging and sad.
They should come out and legit ask other countries to crowdfund their economy rather than taking our money and playing with our lives. Imagine their carelessness is making people’s immigration records bad leaving them little choice to apply elsewhere. After a rejection they treat people like criminals. Gaaaaaaah!

Reactions: RumezaJ

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
call ircc and get to know your eligibility .. because I received my BVL .... on 22nd june ... on 6th of july... I called the ircc agent and got to know that my eligibility has been failed ....
Yours was a re application case right? Did you definitely ask if it was this application or the one before? Because I read on Facebook someone saying he called to find out twice, once the agent said failed, the other said it’s progressing. People were coming up with theories that maybe they read out his previous refusal decision? Dunno just trying to give you some perspective. I hope that’s the case with you.

ashishsuiya

Jul 3, 2021
So sorry to hear. Can you share your profile?
Does going for Masters's from a Public university have an impact on the decision? I believe it does but just wanted to hear out other opinions as well.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
So sorry to hear. Can you share your profile?
Does going for Masters's from a Public university have an impact on the decision? I believe it does but just wanted to hear out other opinions as well.
From what I have seen a lot on the forum, and have heard the chatter around, Yes it is a great positive to have:
1. A master’s
2. That too from a university
3. Public university is a biiiig plus.

idk about success rate, but I believe its about the filter. These programs already weed out non-deserving (and even a lot of deserving but weak profiles) and so visa officer is sure that it is going to be a good ride for this candidate.

Also, money basically comes home? Lol idk.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: ashishsuiya

Rah123

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
From what I have seen a lot on the forum, and have heard the chatter around, Yes it is a great positive to have:
1. A master’s
2. That too from a university
3. Public university is a biiiig plus.

idk about success rate, but I believe its about the filter. These programs already weed out non-deserving (and even a lot of deserving but weak profiles) and so visa officer is sure that it is going to be a good ride for this candidate.

Also, money basically comes home? Lol idk.

Just my opinion.
I disagree with ur opinion because I saw many who choose master from public university but they got the refusal.visa depends on ur overall profile recently one student got refusal he has overall 7 bands and applied under sds but did not show the financial proof and his course is relevant.He got his refusal on the basis of financials.
NO one can predict the IRCC they say something else and do something else.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
I disagree with ur opinion because I saw many who choose master from public university but they got the refusal.visa depends on ur overall profile recently one student got refusal he has overall 7 bands and applied under sds but did not show the financial proof and his course is relevant.He got his refusal on the basis of financials.
NO one can predict the IRCC they say something else and do something else.
I suppose this is a given- you could apply to any good public university but if your financials are not in place, it will likely lead to a refusal
I think what @Alpha_Wolf meant was your chances of approval are higher if you apply to study at a public university AND you meet the basic requirements ( finances, language-test, medicals )
In other words you will be less likely to hear “ I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada “ and those sorts of reasons

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
I suppose this is a given- you could apply to any good public university but if your financials are not in place, it will likely lead to a refusal
I think what @Alpha_Wolf meant was your chances of approval are higher if you apply to study at a public university AND you meet the basic requirements ( finances, language-test, medicals )
In other words you will be less likely to hear “ I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada “ and those sorts of reasons
There was a guy who was going to UofT and had a fully funded program yet he was refused because the VO didn’t care to check that & rejected with the “Not enough finances” reason. At this point, just try to make your application as complete and strong as possible & pray to the luck gods.

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
Let me give 2 data points in general:
1. One HBS MBA was refused a visa 6-7 years back.
2. In the last 5 years of UofT MBA at least, the international team told us only 1 person got rejection in his 4.5 year career and the re-application was successful.

There is always a chance for rejection. Luck gods >>>> H.B.S MBA > VO
You never know. Have you heard once an Indian CM got refused for a visa!! Haha
Lmao the whole reason why I’m in a poor mental state is because I know this is a weird year and it can be any stupid decision coming our way.

Last edited:

Arch49

Star Member
May 25, 2021
I have 5.5 in one module so can I reapply or I need to take exam again. I got refusal 30 june so if I reapply can I make it to sept intake

Alpha_Wolf

Jun 9, 2021
I have 5.5 in one module so can I reapply or I need to take exam again. I got refusal 30 june so if I reapply can I make it to sept intake
If language test was mentored in one of the reasons, do not waste the 2nd attempt without a better IELTS score.
There are chances that you still can (if SDS) but if language abilities was one of the reasons then do not waste the 2nd attempt just to be quick. Also, carefully review if course aligned with your profile or not.

chhandak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2021
Yours was a re application case right? Did you definitely ask if it was this application or the one before? Because I read on Facebook someone saying he called to find out twice, once the agent said failed, the other said it’s progressing. People were coming up with theories that maybe they read out his previous refusal decision? Dunno just trying to give you some perspective. I hope that’s the case with you.
it's an refusal ...