+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BVL in 4 days!! Reapplication - NON SDS India.

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Hi guys,

I reapplied for my SP on 14th June,
The next day got a ghost update and background check started.
16th June my eligibility review started
18th June - BVL only (I got my BVL along with refusal in previous application).
Eligibility still in review.
What do you think will happen next?

Applied from India, Non SDS.

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
well. so far they are holding refusals and ppr in India. could be anything. but decision has been made when you receive bvl
Seriously within 4 days? It’s scary. Do they even look closely in just 4 days? My profile is completely changed from my last application.
program changed
applied alone and from my home country.
This is scary.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
well. so far they are holding refusals and ppr in India. could be anything. but decision has been made when you receive bvl
Can you explain what you mean by "holding refusal". Should I expect a refusal if I haven't received any news yet? I applied Non-SDS on April 19 from Nepal and so far my eligibility review hasn't started.

addy_aj95

Jan 19, 2021
Seriously within 4 days? It’s scary. Do they even look closely in just 4 days? My profile is completely changed from my last application.
program changed
This is scary.
I can understand you man. Even i re applied on 6th may and I got My BVL and medical passed Both on same day and from then nothing. Quite nervous that it happened so quickly,
How do we know that our background check has been completed?

addy_aj95

Jan 19, 2021
I can understand you man. Even i re applied on 6th may and I got My BVL and medical passed Both on same day and from then nothing. Quite nervous that it happened so quickly,
I got my BVL and medical on 7th may*

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
program changed
This is scary.
they make decisions in minutes . once your eligibility review starts, they make decision the same day. sometimes they take some time verifying some documents or background check. . usually bad news come fast. i would be very concerned but i have seen people get ppr in 6 days. mine took 13 days got decision the same day of my eligibility review. so be hopeful

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Did your eligibility review start?

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Can you explain what you mean by "holding refusal". Should I expect a refusal if I haven't received any news yet? I applied Non-SDS on April 19 from Nepal and so far my eligibility review hasn't started.
your application haven't been reviewed yet so relax. i mean with current pandemic in india they are holding ppr and refusals many applicants got bvl without any updates. some people asked for GCMS notes and saw that they failed eligibility review

Reactions: Uvr

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
they make decisions in minutes . once your eligibility review starts, they make decision the same day. sometimes they take some time verifying some documents or background check. . usually bad news come fast. i would be very concerned but i have seen people get ppr in 6 days. mine took 13 days got decision the same day of my eligibility review. so be hopeful
Thanks! I’ll try not to hold my breath This is worrying but yes I have seen people in re applications get real fast approvals as well. Maybe this time it will be my turn to get lucky. Damn it’s worrying though.

Rohan Dominic

Oct 4, 2019
I got my bvl on 7th May and my medicals were updated a month before that. But no update since then. I can understand holding ppr. However, holding refusals makes no sense

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
I got my bvl on 7th May and my medicals were updated a month before that. But no update since then. I can understand holding ppr. However, holding refusals makes no sense
well, they are holding also refusals so people don't reapply fast and increase the load of applications when VAC offices are closed. i think in general they are holding decisions until they are fully operating again

Reactions: Uvr and lamnt0702

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
well, they are holding also refusals so people don't reapply fast and increase the load of applications when VAC offices are closed. i think in general they are holding decisions until they are fully operating again
Some people are saying in cases of re application the BVL is received sometimes when the biometric is linked with the new application. Let’s hope that’s the case.