+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buying round-trip ticket to Canada

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know this isn't really about immigration, exactly, but I want to visit my boyfriend from July 20th to around Jan 10th, however, I was wondering when I'd be able to buy a ticket so far in advance? And what would the best thing to do, if I decide to stay to apply for PR (I'm thinking about refunding my ticket, etc.)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need a return ticket as a visitor to Canada. You will have to check with the airline. Typically you can purchase a ticket with dates that are 11 months out. You will have to check the refund policies of the airline you are flying with. Partially refundable tickets are typically quite a bit more expensive.

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You need a return ticket as a visitor to Canada. You will have to check with the airline. Typically you can purchase a ticket with dates that are 11 months out. You will have to check the refund policies of the airline you are flying with. Partially refundable tickets are typically quite a bit more expensive.
Oh okay, so I would just have to wait a few months

I thought about just buying them, and if I can't find a good deal on a refundable ticket, I will just cancel my flight if I need to, even if I dont get my money back
But as far as I can see, you have to cancel your entire booking, you can't just cancel one way?

Do you happen to know why I can't buy Economy Tango for a one-way trip?

I know this might be a confusing question, but let's say I decide to stay, so I cancel my tickets, and apply for a extension, and then apply for PR and OWP, when the application is accepted, I don't HAVE to go back home to my home country, I can just stay in Canada from then on?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One way economy tickets are typically more expensive than two way tickets. If you are buying a one way ticket - it's always going to be a higher class / more expensive class of ticket. For a number of reasons, airlines by far prefer two way tickets. That's why two ways tickets are discounted.

You'll most likely have to buy a two way, not use half of it, and forget about getting any refund.

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
One way economy tickets are typically more expensive than two way tickets. If you are buying a one way ticket - it's always going to be a higher class / more expensive class of ticket. For a number of reasons, airlines by far prefer two way tickets. That's why two ways tickets are discounted.

You'll most likely have to buy a two way, not use half of it, and forget about getting any refund.
I wouldn't mind that, if I don't have to go home, and I get my PR, will I HAVE to go home after?