+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buying car in ontario with US driving license

eonurgenc

Sep 23, 2017
Does anybody experience Buying a car in Ontario with US driving license? I just move to Ontario 2 weeks ago. I can't exchange my US driver license in Ontario because they want to some proof from DMV new jersey.

Nowadays I am renting a car but it is so expensive. I want to buy a car. Can I do insurance with US driver license?

Bizgertz01

May 28, 2018
I just went through this process last week and it was the most difficult part of our move to London from the states. We leased two vehicles (much easier than purchasing on WP) and there were no hard an fast rules among dealerships. We called around with wildly different answers about our ability to lease. VW wanted 25% of MSRP down, Honda wanted 20%, and Subaru said they would lease to us without issue, so we are now a Subaru family. The vehicle was financed through a Toyota Motor Credit Canada and they easily accessed my US credit report for verification. It may be possible to ask them for pre-approval and skip dealer financing all together.

As for the license,

Helena R

Jul 3, 2017
Nowadays I am renting a car but it is so expensive. I want to buy a car. Can I do insurance with US driver license?
If it's of any help, I got unsurance with an Internstional Drivers License, which you get in your country. Hen after a few months you do have to switch to a Canadian driver's license. The same to buy the car, but it was a used one.

amin_cant

Sep 15, 2018
If it's of any help, I got unsurance with an Internstional Drivers License, which you get in your country. Hen after a few months you do have to switch to a Canadian driver's license. The same to buy the car, but it was a used one.
Hi, I have similar issue and can you give me the Tel no of the insurer, I want to buy a car under my IDL. Thank you.