+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

buying a property will help to get canadian PR?

shaikhfas

Dec 28, 2020
Hello there,
Would any one please be so kind to guide me the step to start from to get canadian PR.
Below are my details.
My age is 35, im married, no children, holding pakistan passport, lives in qatar.
My blood brother also lives in canada, he is holding canadian PR through express entry.
My question is, if I can invest around $300,000 to buy a property in canada.
Will it help me to get the PR?
Or i can invest the same money into business to open a small restaurant.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Buying a property will not get you PR. You can look into PNP entrepreneur streams to buy an existing business or start one. Is $300,000 your net worth? That is low for most provinces. Google PNP entrepreneur. You need to show management/entrepreneur experience, write a business plan, undertake interviews and have your net worth evaluated.

What is your CRS score through EE. Assume it is low.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes, it is my net worth.
thank you for your feedback. i will google pnp entrepreneur.
You need to show management/entrepreneur experience, write a business plan, undertake interviews and have your net worth evaluated. Don’t bother looking at Ontario or BC because your net worth is too low.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
yes, it is my net worth.
thank you for your feedback. i will google pnp entrepreneur.
Also Google AOS for Alberta. They started a program few months back for entrepreneurs which may fit well in your budget. Not sure if you need to be an international student in this category to qualify.
All the best.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also Google AOS for Alberta. They started a program few months back for entrepreneurs which may fit well in your budget. Not sure if you need to be an international student in this category to qualify.
All the best.
AOS is only for those living and working in Alberta and the entrepreneur stream are for only international graduates of Alberta schools.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
AOS is only for those living and working in Alberta and the entrepreneur stream are for only international graduates of Alberta schools.
Thanks.
OP may opt to be an international student there and then start a business to qualify if it suits them.