+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buying a Condo

CANKWT

Oct 26, 2010
on Gtacondos.com has numerous listings of condos for sale, prices start from over a million c$ to about 65,000 c$ for a 2 bedroom condo. is this true to believe? for from what I can see for less than 1,00,000.00 c$ condo can be bought, which is better than renting. below is one such sample.

MLS® # W2018248
Title: 340 Dixon Rd
Address: 340 Dixon Rd, Unit 409, Toronto, M9R1T1, Ontario

Area: West TREB Districts
Major Intersection: Dixon/Islington
List Price: $64,900.00
Maintenance Fee: $540.00
(Parking, Cable TV, Heat, Water, Common Elements included)
Property Type: Condominium Apartment
Number of:
bedrooms: 2
bathrooms: 1
Description: Very Clean Two Bedrooms Newly Painted Apartment, In The Heart Of Etobicoke. New Balcony Close To The School And All Under The Market Price If No Special Assessment. For Quick Sale, Shows Well, Bring Offer.
Fridge, Stove, Washer, Dryer
Possession date: 60 Days
Exposure: West
Level: 4
Security:
Locker: None
Ensuite Laundry: Yes
Pets Permitted: Yes
Corp#: YCC
Home style: Apartment
Square feet:
Parking spaces: 1
Parking type: Underground
Exterior finish: Brick
Annual property tax: $772.43

Home features:
Balcony Cable TV

Any thoughts will be appreciated

Anon2011

May 11, 2011
understand that the average price of a condo in Toronto is something along the lines of 430 000. Something for 64 000 will probably have issues. It will probably not be in a favorable area of town.

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JndoZXJlMT0zNDArRGl4b24rUmQmYmI9NjIuMjkyMjA1MDk0MTI4NiU3ZS0zOC45OTQyNTUwNjU1JTdlMTYuNzcwMzc0ODQ2MzYxNiU3ZS0xMTkuNzY1NzM5NDQwNQ==

this is a link to the area of town ig you have not yet seen it. Follow the link and click bird's eye view from the top middle of the map selection area.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@CANKWT

I guess u have no opinion/info on Dixon Rd [the location of your mls listing]. If u stay there - yours & the future of your kids shall be doomed... that's why the prices here r interesting.

Dixon Rd, alongwith Kipling/Albion, Kipling/Finch et all r dangerous places to live... besides having the Cooperative Housing co-located -- the ills of lower strata of society plays a spoil-sport. Now don't get me wrong here... I'm no one to judge ppl - but, if we could avoid those locales - it'd be good for the family.

Qorax
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
And remember, these localities rather have a Real Estate "depreciation" than appreciation. Meaning? -The purchase price of the dwelling here will be 'higher' than the selling price - whenever u think to dispose-it-off!

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Hi Qorax, I am renting a Condo near by Kipling/Finch its not that bad, but still agree with Qorax that I might not live here when my family will arrive due to atmosphere, I see around me.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
zulkfal said:
Hi Qorax, I am renting a Condo near by Kipling/Finch its not that bad, but still agree with Qorax that I might not live here when my family will arrive due to atmosphere, I see around me.
Yes, avoidance is better.
I work for 23 division projects often.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like qorax said, avoid that area. That apartment would not even sell even after 5 years for the price you will buy now.

CANKWT

Oct 26, 2010
Thanks everyone for your opinion especially Qorax, you are great and always available to give your valuable advise. However I have seen some other interesting listings like the one below

Appreciate again Qorax for your advise thanks once again.

MLS® # E2117358
Title: 120 Dundalk Dr
Address: 120 Dundalk Dr, Unit 303, Toronto, M1P4V9, Ontario

Area: East TREB Districts
Major Intersection: Kennedy & Hwy 401
List Price: $159,000.00
Maintenance Fee: $795.12
(Parking, Heat, Hydro, Water, CAC, Building Insurance, Common Elements included)
Property Type: Condominium Apartment
Number of:
bedrooms: 3
bathrooms: 2
Description: Spacious Bright 3 Bedroom With 2 Full Washroom And 2 Underground Parking Exceptionally Available At Prime Location In Scarborough; Close To 401, School, Park And Mall. Ensuite Laundry, W/I To Large Balcony From Living & Dining Room, Granite Counter In Both Washrooms, Brand New Flooring In Living, Dining, And All Bedrooms **** Extras **** Brand New Counter Top With New Sink, New Granite Tiles Enterance Brand Stainless Steel
Appliances (Fridge, Stove, Dishwasher) White Washer & Dryer, All Curtains, New Light Fixtures, Freshly Painted. Buyer And Agent To Verify Taxes Aamaintenance
Possession date: Immediate
Exposure: South-East
Level: 3
Security:
Locker: Ensuite
Ensuite Laundry: Yes
Pets Permitted: Restricted
Corp#: YCC
Home style: Apartment
Parking spaces: 2
Parking type: None
Exterior finish: Brick
Annual property tax: $1,464.00

Home features:
Balcony

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@CANKWT
Pls read my post on Scarborough [the location of your this listing] in the "Toronto Neighborhood" thread.