+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buying a car in the US and driving in Ontario. Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by frightenedpanda, Oct 15, 2019.

  1. Hi,

    My uncle is a US citizen and wants to buy a car for me there and plans to gift it to me.

    Can he bring it across the border and drop it in Ontario? Can I even drive a US plated car here in Ontario?

    Please help.
  2. Hi

    1. No and No.
    2. You would have to export the car from the US. Would have to go through RIV, then registered in Ontario.
    frightenedpanda likes this.
  3. And pay any duty or taxes on it.
  4. got it. thanks! Will stay away from this plan :D

Share This Page