+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business visit Or Permanent Residence

Ruzaid

May 3, 2015
Does companies need to post the job openings in job banks before hiring a international candidate.

Or

Can they internally move their employes from their branch in another country to work in canada location and employee apply for PR.

SCENARIO: My brother is being promoted to a manegerial position in his company and asked to choose a country from a list of countries where he would like to work, having canada in that list. I want to know if he can apply for PR rather than taking a business visit visa for a longer period or does his company has to release him a new offer letter by posting the job in job bank.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Ruzaid said:
Does companies need to post the job openings in job banks before hiring a international candidate.

Or

Can they internally move their employes from their branch in another country to work in canada location and employee apply for PR.

SCENARIO: My brother is being promoted to a manegerial position in his company and asked to choose a country from a list of countries where he would like to work, having canada in that list. I want to know if he can apply for PR rather than taking a business visit visa for a longer period or does his company has to release him a new offer letter by posting the job in job bank.
Quite complex all this scenario and you are mixing stuff.

The company would need to have an agreement with Canada, and that agreement sets all the rules.

So this is a question for the Company.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ruzaid said:

Or

If your brother is only just being promoted to management, it's extremely unlikely that he will qualify for ICT.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/transferees/managers.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/transferees/executives.asp
If he wishes to go for PR, he will have to compete with the rest of the Express Entry candidates.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp