+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business Visit - I need your advice

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
Hi guys,

My uncle, a big time businessman who does not have any plan to live in Canada is interested in investing in real estates and other areas in Canada. He is on regular visits to USA,UK and other parts of the world most of which are business related, but he has never been to Canada

My questions:

1.Are visitors allowed to invest in Canada?

2.To apply for a visitor visa, is it better to get a letter of invitation from a Realtor showing his intention to invest in real estate in Canada or he should simply do hotel reservation for his visit?

Shosilie

ghiaskhan

Please visit www.cic.gc.ca and read about Business class immigration.Canada has three classes of business immigrants:

investors
entrepreneurs and
self-employed persons

You can immigrate as an Investor to start business in Canada. There is no restriction on investment , of legitimate funds in an existing canadian business.However you cannot be a director of an incorporation/company.Only canadian citizens and people legally settled in Canada can become directors.Who will look after your money and interest...if you take such a risk.?

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
Thanks for ur response, but like i said in my earlier mail, he is not interested in settling down in Canada, he only wants to invest here and my main question is that for him to come and inspect the properties he wants to invest in, should he get letter of invitation from the realtor company or do hotel reservation?

ghiaskhan

Please tell your uncle to consult a Canadian lawyer (barrister) for a legal advise about his intention to invest without immigrating to Canada.He will be able to get a leagl openion on such an investment,likely risks and about potential threats to your uncle's interest. Good luck.