+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business Visa for Training

jmjames

Jul 17, 2023
Hi I'm from Philippines and currently working as a work from home freelancer on Upwork under a Canadian company. I was promoted to become the Offshore Manager here in our country, but they want to train me first in Canada, they'll shoulder all expenses and provide what is needed for the application.

My question is can I apply for a Business Visa for this kind of situation? I've read on cic help center "Business visitors must prove that their main source of income and their main place of business are outside Canada. " the problem is, my source of income IS from a Canadian company but it is for their Philippine operations. I'm not sure if my application will be denied because of that. so I hope I can hear your opinions.

Thanks!

ToniMiller

Aug 4, 2023
HY there i can see your post

Here are some general steps and considerations for obtaining a business training visa:

1. Identify the Purpose: Determine the purpose and duration of your training program. Make sure it aligns with the activities allowed under a business visa.
  2. Research Visa Requirements: Check the embassy or consulate website of the country you plan to visit to understand the specific requirements for a business training visa. Some common documents you may need include a letter of invitation from the host organization, a training agreement or contract, proof of accommodation, travel itinerary, and financial documents. MyAARPMedicare Login
  3. Letter of Invitation: If you are attending a training program organized by a company or organization in the destination country, they might need to provide you with a formal letter of invitation explaining the purpose and duration of your visit.
  4. Application Form: Complete the visa application form accurately, providing all the required information.

Thanks and regards
ToniMiller

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
Hi I'm from Philippines and currently working as a work from home freelancer on Upwork under a Canadian company. I was promoted to become the Offshore Manager here in our country, but they want to train me first in Canada, they'll shoulder all expenses and provide what is needed for the application.

My question is can I apply for a Business Visa for this kind of situation? I've read on cic help center "Business visitors must prove that their main source of income and their main place of business are outside Canada. " the problem is, my source of income IS from a Canadian company but it is for their Philippine operations. I'm not sure if my application will be denied because of that. so I hope I can hear your opinions.

Thanks!
You visited the wrong page for information, this is the correct one for your situation
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/business/eligibility.html

If you have a valid US non immigrant visa, you may apply for an eTA costing about CAD $7 without needing to apply for a permit
Here is the link, you might get an approval within minutes or several days
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/about.html

Good luck and congratulations on your new role