+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business Plan related for Self- Employed class

EverestToCanada

Nov 9, 2020
Hi everyone who has or intends to apply for Self-Employed immigration,

My husband and I are preparing our documents for this and we are solely DIYing. May anyone please help me out on some of my concerns during our preparation? Do you all prepared a Business Plan? How complete do you write your plan? How much detail are supposed to show in our BP to the immigration officer? How do you guys manage to show business connections in Canada if you don't have any yet?

Does anyone know under Self-Employed category, which part does the immigration office would look into more? Our previous experience or how well we can settle and develop our business in Canada?

Many thanks!

Last edited:

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi everyone who has or intends to apply for Self-Employed immigration,

My husband and I are preparing our documents for this and we are solely DIYing. May anyone please help me out on some of my concerns during our preparation? Do you all prepared a Business Plan? How complete do you write your plan? How much detail are supposed to show in our BP to the immigration officer? How do you guys manage to show business connections in Canada if you don't have any yet?

Does anyone know under Self-Employed category, which part does the immigration office would look into more? Our previous experience or how well we can settle and develop our business in Canada?

Many thanks!
Concerning Self-employed class I don't think a full business plan is needed. The Schedule 6A, at point 11 is telling:
"Describe the occupation in which you intend to be self-employed. Provide details of location and anticipated investment (if applicable)"
What I did was a narrative of the artistic projects that I intend to carry out after getting the PR, how to finance them, and then mentioning the possible sources of income.
Remember that Self-employed class does not require a minimum net worth.
As for business connections, I already have them... so I can't answer you.
Good luck!

Last edited:

EverestToCanada

Nov 9, 2020
Concerning Self-employed class I don't think a full business plan is needed. The Schedule 6A, at point 11 is telling:
"Describe the occupation in which you intend to be self-employed. Provide details of location and anticipated investment (if applicable)"
What I did was a narrative of the artistic projects that I intend to carry out after getting the PR, how to finance them, and then mentioning the possible sources of income.
Good luck!
Thank you very much! I heard that having business connections in Canada is a very big advantage for this class. Good luck to you!

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Good luck!
Don't we need any incubators for this program?