+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business Owner living in Canada trying to obtain PR

Pacote

Feb 19, 2020
Hi, my name is Francisco, I have 48 years old, I live in Kelowna BC Canada and I have 3 companies here, the oldest open in 2011 and still operating, I have between the 3 companies 22 employees mostly Canadians. I am under work permit and renewing every 3 years, What is the program that fit my case to obtain my PR? I'm married with 3 Childs, 19,16 and 11 years old.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my name is Francisco, I have 48 years old, I live in Kelowna BC Canada and I have 3 companies here, the oldest open in 2011 and still operating, I have between the 3 companies 22 employees mostly Canadians. I am under work permit and renewing every 3 years, What is the program that fit my case to obtain my PR? I'm married with 3 Childs, 19,16 and 11 years old.
Thanks
Are you married to a Canadian?

Pacote

Feb 19, 2020
I did but I cant find any that fit my case, my immigration lawyer recommend me Canadian Experience Class or Skill worker, the problem is that I need to apply like a employee of my own company with a regular payroll cheque, and as the owner some months I can have it but some I can't, I need to pay first my employees, supplies, taxes before me, once a year I do my tax return annually. I was refused already twice, the first one because I didn't submit the upfront Medial Exams and the 2nd because my job duties doesn't explain properly the general manager duties. This program I feel is really difficult and I should apply again but my express entry points are so tight ( 470). The question is if exist a program for an immigrant that invested more than $500,000 in business for more than 8 years, working on them full time with more than 20 some times more than 30 employees? so Me and my family are immerse in the Canadian Society, completely healthies, no criminal record and paying taxes should exist an easy way to obtain the PR, Also I want to expand my business more and still investing here but I afraid that one day the government don't extend the work permit and I should sell everything to move.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I did but I cant find any that fit my case, my immigration lawyer recommend me Canadian Experience Class or Skill worker, the problem is that I need to apply like a employee of my own company with a regular payroll cheque, and as the owner some months I can have it but some I can't, I need to pay first my employees, supplies, taxes before me, once a year I do my tax return annually. I was refused already twice, the first one because I didn't submit the upfront Medial Exams and the 2nd because my job duties doesn't explain properly the general manager duties. This program I feel is really difficult and I should apply again but my express entry points are so tight ( 470). The question is if exist a program for an immigrant that invested more than $500,000 in business for more than 8 years, working on them full time with more than 20 some times more than 30 employees? so Me and my family are immerse in the Canadian Society, completely healthies, no criminal record and paying taxes should exist an easy way to obtain the PR, Also I want to expand my business more and still investing here but I afraid that one day the government don't extend the work permit and I should sell everything to move.
There's no such program at the Federal level. You'll need to look into the BC PNP program to see if you have any options there.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Thanks
I will say the BC PNP, British Coumbia Provincial Nominee Program will be the easiest and the best. In fact, with your CRS score, you're likely to be on the top list. The BC PNP language benchmark is as low as 4.0 for entrepreneur. For example, they've the Entrepreneur Immigration- Regional Pilot program, where communities can refer/nominate you for the program to Immigration for Permanent Resident. You can check for the requirement and see if your community is register here:
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Entrepreneur-Immigration/Entrepreneur-Immigration-Regional-Pilot#anchor1

Last edited:

Pacote

Feb 19, 2020
Perfect, I am a friend of one the member of the Parliament, also a really good friend that works at school district 23, my neighbour is an active RCMP and Veteran, so do I need to ask them for letter explaining who I am and then I need to submit this letters to BC PNP Pilot program?

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Perfect, I am a friend of one the member of the Parliament, also a really good friend that works at school district 23, my neighbour is an active RCMP and Veteran, so do I need to ask them for letter explaining who I am and then I need to submit this letters to BC PNP Pilot program?
I will suggest you check first if your community (your neighbourhood) is register with the BC PNP and the eligibility requirement. You'll find that in the link above or BC PNP website.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Your lawyer didn't advice you well. The lawyer is teaching you to misrepresent yourself and be dishonest. That's why your application was refused. You're self-employed/entrepreneur and not employed as a manager: which will be difficult to proof.

Pacote

Feb 19, 2020
I live in Kelowna and is not eligible for this program. I had 2 lawyers and I can find the right one, I'm really frustrated, actually I'm trying again because my family don't want to move, they have already friends, girls friend, etc

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
I live in Kelowna and is not eligible for this program. I had 2 lawyers and I can find the right one, I'm really frustrated, actually I'm trying again because my family don't want to move, they have already friends, girls friend, etc
Have you check the other program like Entrepreneur Immigration - Base Category. Here is an overview of the requirements.
Personal requirement to qualify, you must:
  • have a personal net worth of at least CAD$600,000
  • demonstrate business and/or management experience
  • have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada
  • have basic English or French language proficiency equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher
You must also have been lawfully admitted in the country where you currently reside.
Business, job and investment requirement to qualify you must:
  • establish an eligible new business or purchase and improve an existing business
  • make an eligible personal investment of at least CAD$200,000 in the business
  • create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in the business
Even if you're not fully eligible, I will suggest sending an inquiry email to the BC PNP. Showing your business portfolio and prospect. Most of the requirement are for foreign new entrepreneur, whereas you're already established in the province.

Pacote

Feb 19, 2020
Sounds good to me, I will check deeper this program and try to apply through this one. I really appreciate your advices and will let you know how is going the process.

Keep in mind that BCPNP will not consider any investments made prior to an Invitation to Apply being issued.

Are you here on a Significant Benefit Work Permit or NAFTA?

Sounds good to me, I will check deeper this program and try to apply through this one. I really appreciate your advices and will let you know how is going the process.
There are more options than just that. BC PNP can work, certainly, but there will need to be proposed rounds of new capital injection in order to meet the Minimum Eligible Invesment criteria.

Job Creation doesn't seem to be an issue. BCPNP likes these types of files. Have you looked at what you would score under the SIRS points for BCPNP Entrepreneur. Probably a good place to start.