+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business or Entrepreneur Visa?

mermaid

Oct 21, 2014
Need any advice pls. My Aunt from the Philippines wants to migrate to Canada. She currently has a successful home business, selling home cooked food and catering. She wants to continue this in Canada. What would be the best category/visa to apply? I appreciate any insight.

Reactions: alexpor000

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Need any advice pls. My Aunt from the Philippines wants to migrate to Canada. She currently has a successful home business, selling home cooked food and catering. She wants to continue this in Canada. What would be the best category/visa to apply? I appreciate any insight.
Only option is the PNPs Entreprenuer programs. Research each province. She needs a net work of at least $200k for most provinces and be willing to either purchase an existing business or put in half her funds to start her own business. She will need a business plan too. What province does she want to immigrate too.

mermaid

Oct 21, 2014
Only option is the PNPs Entreprenuer programs. Research each province. She needs a net work of at least $200k for most provinces and be willing to either purchase an existing business or put in half her funds to start her own business. She will need a business plan too. What province does she want to immigrate too.
Thank you for your reply, Naturgrl. She is thinking in Vancouver or Ontario. She is not looking to open a restaurant. She just wants to continue her food business at home.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply, Naturgrl. She is thinking in Vancouver or Ontario. She is not looking to open a restaurant. She just wants to continue her food business at home.
For Ontario she would need to have a net worth of $400K-$800K and be prepared to invest $200K-$600K in the business. The business she sets up must also create at least two full time jobs for Canadian citizens / Canadian permanent residents. So she cannot be the only person working in the business. She must be prepared to hire and pay at least two other people full time. Can she meet these requirements?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Didn’t say anything about restaurant. She needs to show that she has the net worth to establish a business. Scylla has mentioned requirements for Ontario. BC requires net worth of $600k and needs to nvest at least $200k. She needs to employ at least one Canadian.

Entrepreneur PNPs are for those who are looking to establish a large business not a home based business. She would need rental space and a commercial kitchen.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/documents/BC-PNP-Entrepreneur-Immigration-Program-Guide.aspx

alexpor000

Apr 11, 2022
PNPs Entrepreneur programs are definitely the best option.
Again she needs to do some research about the state to which she wants to immigrate. There are certain criteria and rules to be followed. For starting any new business she must have a net worth of $400-800k. This amount varies from state to state. That's why a business entity search is the most required procedure to follow before starting a business. You need to name your business, decide your location, fund your business and get a business liscence.
There are so many other things to be followed. Sometimes it might be difficult.

Cyberwhite

Jun 6, 2022
In general this affects quite a few factors that should be taken into account. For example when I moved to Canada, I (supposedly) needed a business visa, BUT. Due to the fact that I cooperated with a foreign call center in my business and purchased outsourcing service(this one https://newmediaservices.com.au/the-importance-of-quality-assurance-in-the-contact-center/) , it fundamentally changes the case and me needed a business visa (In any case, the lawyer who advised me, explained it to me something like this). In the end, I stopped dealing with this issue altogether, because my husband stepped in and decided everything himself. So, that's how it is.

Last edited: