Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
sept15 said:
You are quite welcome. Like I said: You might not get any points from dressing up but you might not be very impressive if you do not dress up. Better safe than sorry.

Might be challenging since this is your first interview and challenging with lots of people - but keep your spirits high and prepare well. BSing is fine as far as it gets the job. Positive impression and trust in yourself and your abilities.
I hope you're kidding? lol Don't BS! You can make it sound nice but don't tell an interviewer you have some skills or experience in areas you don't! It's gonna come back and bite you in the ass. What if they ask you to do the task later?
Remember if the person interviewing you is a manager (which they probably are), chances are they've interviewed up to dozens (if not hundreds) of people in his professional career and it's really easy to detect liers

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vbomb said:
I hope you're kidding? lol Don't BS! You can make it sound nice but don't tell an interviewer you have some skills or experience in areas you don't! It's gonna come back and bite you in the ass. Remember if the person interviewing you is a manager (which they probably are), chances are they've interviewed up to dozens (if not hundreds) of people in his professional career and it's really easy to detect liers
Okay, I did not mean 'BSing your skills'. There are some behaviour related questions and there is no much time to think of a situation, just make up situations..Of course, you would be aproacing the situation as you are saying but has never happened in your life - this is again, because you do not have time to actually think of a situation. If you do, FINE. But yeah, Not BSing your qualification, skills and past work experiences.... Just SITUATIONAL, if you need to!

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
4mfamily said:
If we can get the passports back this week, we will go landing in the border on Sunday.. otherwise, it will be another week. I can't wait for this " real status", I can sign up for a free " french language courses", applying SIN cards, and purchase the RESP plans for my kids
4mfamily, I am with you. I feel for my elder son. He left our home country with a fully finished one year of university and I sometimes think it was not fair for him because he just did 1 year in Langara but he did not like it, last year he just went to a course and can't work, I am the only income, my wife does not know english and wants to take classes but very expensive. So my elder son lost 2 years already where he could have finished university back home but that's the way it is and that's the price he had to pay, so now he is register to Emily Carr 'cause he is a graphic design and musician guy so what can we do other than just wait and we should be very happy and proud to know that we got approved and allowed to become PR in Canada...So I look at it this way and as I said to my son. Every investement has a little gained/lost portion, we have given the lost side of the coin and reached the hill, now we are to the top and moving on... ;)

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
vbomb said:
What's the point of having tracking?! I hate that Buffalo don't let us use commercial couriers, I'd rather pay 50 bux more and guaranteed safe and on time delivery of my package...
Easy vbomb, what can you do?...you seem to be an eager person, I've been there too but I found out myself in the hard way that there is nothing you can do when things are not in your hands other than wait.. so my piece of advise if you allow me is to be patient.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superboy_ec said:
4mfamily, I am with you. I feel for my elder son. He left our home country with a fully finished one year of university and I sometimes think it was not fair for him because he just did 1 year in Langara but he did not like it, last year he just went to a course and can't work, I am the only income, my wife does not know english and wants to take classes but very expensive. So my elder son lost 2 years already where he could have finished university back home but that's the way it is and that's the price he had to pay, so now he is register to Emily Carr 'cause he is a graphic design and musician guy so what can we do other than just wait and we should be very happy and proud to know that we got approved and allowed to become PR in Canada...So I look at it this way and as I said to my son. Every investement has a little gained/lost portion, we have given the lost side of the coin and reached the hill, now we are to the top and moving on... ;)
super and Others - I thought to pass this information to you guys: SK has a new Program (not very new though). That is, if you are a Permanent Residence and live in SK for 1 year, you can nominate any of your relative (partner's relative). Lots of Immigrants have flown to SK for this Opportunity. Very briefly: your nominee Must be over 18, finished high school and have 1 year (at least) after High School at University or College.

You need to give up: Good weather from BC or other Provinces. LOL. But you can move back after nomination.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
superboy_ec said:
Easy vbomb, what can you do?...you seem to be an eager person, I've been there too but I found out myself in the hard way that there is nothing you can do when things are not in your hands other than wait.. so my piece of advise if you allow me is to be patient.
You are so wise superboy

That's one of my weaknesses...not patient and want everything quick and fast, ask my boss :)

But seriously, we use FedEx to ship contracts to clients and it's ALWAYS next business day delivery with up to the minute tracking, I FedEx everything to Buffalo; except they don't accept FedEx for passport...stupid...I'm gonna take your advice and take a break to forget about it :)

Good luck everyone

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
vbomb said:
You are so wise superboy

That's one of my weaknesses...not patient and want everything quick and fast, ask my boss :)

But seriously, we use FedEx to ship contracts to clients and it's ALWAYS next business day delivery with up to the minute tracking, I FedEx everything to Buffalo; except they don't accept FedEx for passport...stupid...I'm gonna take your advice and take a break to forget about it :)

Good luck everyone
yep, I am becoming a more patient person but I am a hyper guy and used to be so eager, sometimes even what Northamerican people say shooting before asking..and that has put me in very bad situations, nothing that I could fix but if I would have been more patient it would have definitely saved me a lot of pain or redoing things... years don't pass through your life just like that, you have to soak the more you can to learn and not repeat things again..Glad to hear you will be patient. good luck..we are all together and here to help and support each other

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vbomb said:
You are so wise superboy

Good luck everyone
This is to advise you that your patience level is being monitored on a continuous basis. Any contravention to your promise might result in delay in processing your application. This is also to let you know that you are not only being monitored in this Forum but in others as well.

Is that why your username is Vbomb - Volatile Bomb. hehe.

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:
This is to advise you that your patience level is being monitored on a continuous basis. Any contravention to your promise might result in delay in processing your application. This is also to let you know that you are not only being monitored in this Forum but in others as well.

Is that why your username is Vbomb - Volatile Bomb. hehe.
haha that's a good one sept15...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure if Unique12 has mentioned it here or not, but apparently he/she has gotten his/her PPR on March 13, 2011.
Just for your information.

Cheers

4mfamily

Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20, 2009
Doc's Request.
waived
Nomination.....
Feb 25, 2010
AOR Received.
June 26, 2010
Med's Request
June 26,2010
Med's Done....
July 8, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
feb 28 ,2011
15 business days have been gone, They didn't keep their promise to send me passports... :mad:

winnipegmb

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
April-2016
Med's Request
May-2016
Med's Done....
May-2016
Passport Req..
June-2016
VISA ISSUED...
July-2016
4mfamily said:
15 business days have been gone, They didn't keep their promise to send me passports... :mad:
You're in a much better than spot than most. Consider this; I got an AOR two days after you and I still don't have any PPR (probably not for another month given my bring forward date).

Unique12

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 3 2010
Nomination.....
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
June 28 2010
Med's Request
June 28 2010
Med's Done....
7.2.2010, reached 7.15.2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thanks sept15! I'm a "she" lol. I did get the ppr on March 14 and in my excitement I must have forgotten to mention here. I hope everyone else waiting gets the email/mail very soon! It's been a long wait for the pr and we all deserve a brighter future.

sept15 said:
I am not sure if Unique12 has mentioned it here or not, but apparently he/she has gotten his/her PPR on March 13, 2011.
Just for your information.

Cheers

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unique12 said:
Thanks sept15! I'm a "she" lol. I did get the ppr on March 14 and in my excitement I must have forgotten to mention here. I hope everyone else waiting gets the email/mail very soon! It's been a long wait for the pr and we all deserve a brighter future.
I kinda figured that out since most of the girls think they are unique. LOL. Congratulations. Can you answer these for us?

1. Do you reside in Canada? If not, where do you reside?
2. When was your PP 'received' by Fort Erie/Buffalo?

I got my PPR on March 16 and PPs were received by Buffalo on March 18. Do not expect it back before the end of week of April 11. Just wanted to compare time-lines. Thanks 'girl'.

Unique12

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 3 2010
Nomination.....
Nov 2009
AOR Received.
June 28 2010
Med's Request
June 28 2010
Med's Done....
7.2.2010, reached 7.15.2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Yes I'm definitely very unique hence my name!
No, I do not reside in Canada, I'm in the US.
I actually went in person to Buffalo this past Tuesday and got the visa stamped. I just did not want to mail my passport and go crazy waiting for it in the mail.

sept15 said:
I kinda figured that out since most of the girls think they are unique. LOL. Congratulations. Can you answer these for us?

1. Do you reside in Canada? If not, where do you reside?
2. When was your PP 'received' by Fort Erie/Buffalo?

I got my PPR on March 16 and PPs were received by Buffalo on March 18. Do not expect it back before the end of week of April 11. Just wanted to compare time-lines. Thanks 'girl'.