10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
First off, Big congrats for officially becoming a PR Sept 15!! :D like what i said to superboy earlier, Well Deserved!! Secondly, in your experience there was no mention of the job acceptance or confirmation of employment. I'm assuming they didnt ask for it? Also, thanks for the response from my earlier question :) Just waiting for that mail man & it'll be my turn

P.S: I loved the involvement of food with the landing!

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
sept15,

Do you have the link of the new photo requirements?

thanks,
joseph

sept15 said:
Here is our experience:

10 am left Saskatoon.
4 30 arrived North Portal, SK and the officer told me to leave Canada and get back to SK.
Approached US Immigration - Asked me about my job and took me to the office for paper work. Gave me a 'Decline for US entry'. I asked if this will affect my future Visa application and he said 'NO, this is just to re-enter Canada'
Made a U turn and went to Canada Customs - Gave me a yellow sheet of paper.
Took the paper to Immigration - Canada (inside).
The officer asked me my COPR, Passports, Address, my daughter Birth Certificate. I also gave him Health Cards, Government Ids. etc.
He asked me about my job. I answered.

PHOTOS: I took extra photos of the new chin-crown dimension and told him that this are the new requirements. He checked my picture on COPR and said those are big (those are the old photo specification - prior Feb 2011).

He took another paper - Similar to COPR and stuck the new photos in there. He said it was wise to bring photos from new requirements.

We went through the COPR and I signed it.

He explained rights and takes ONE month to receive PR Card and explained SIN etc.

He congratulated us, gave us little Canadian Flags and off we went.

STopped at Duty Free and got some key chains, baby clothes and toys - Went to pay and the lady asked 'Are you going to US'. I said 'NO' . She almost cried and said 'I am sorry, you can buy these ONLY if you are going to US' - hehe. She saw how my wife liked those baby clothes - I saved some money but really liked those key chains. OH well.

Heading to Saskatoon tomorrow - Tired.

1. Bad experience: Budget rental - the lady said your car is booked for tomorrow and not today when i went to pick it up. The car was available, so I luckily got it.

2. Duty Free - See above.

3. Ordered Cactus Nachos and cesar Salad and had no sauces, were dry and not good as they are in Saskatoon.

Recommendations: Take photos of new SPECIFICATION. Officers has some templates and they match the pictures - Ours did not match and they comply with the photos that Buffalo asked for.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
superboy_ec said:
LANDING COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY...painless, drove down and here is my story:
Congrats, Superboy_ec

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mutt391 said:
First off, Big congrats for officially becoming a PR Sept 15!! :D like what i said to superboy earlier, Well Deserved!! Secondly, in your experience there was no mention of the job acceptance or confirmation of employment. I'm assuming they didnt ask for it? Also, thanks for the response from my earlier question :) Just waiting for that mail man & it'll be my turn

P.S: I loved the involvement of food with the landing!
Mutt - The officer did ask about my job - not 'officially' but friendly and I aksed if he needs my offer letter, he replied 'No, I am sure CIC has seen it' , so I never got to ask it.

MInd you, I have a Post-Graduation work Permit and a Worker Visa... so they expect me doing some sort of job...

Just have some sort of financial documents...with ya.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
josephdadreamer said:
sept15,

Do you have the link of the new photo requirements?

thanks,
joseph
Here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
vbomb said:
Thanks superboy! Do you know if the US customs person updated any of your information in their computer system? or did they just give you the physical form and that's it

What I'm afraid of is it's gonna show on my record as tried to enter the US if they update the records in the computer system THANKS! and congrats :)
Sorry vbomb for not responding earlier, no, they just swipped the passports to validate them and directed me to the office, once in the office the guys just took our passports and filled up the form without entering any information in the computer, that's why is called flagpolling...

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:
Just got our passports back. Landing tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted. Landing at North Portal, Saskatchewan.
Yes, they did return one photo of myself and my wife.

COPR is a waste of paper - such a huge piece of paper.. LOL
yes, you got that right...I had my new SIN for all of us except for my 22 years old son he is going himself tomorrow...CONGRATS sept15...

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
Master deBater said:
Dude the COPR is a dream for millions who do not have it. You have it so respect it and preserve it. Some might frame it and hang it in their living room.
Actually, keep it in a safety box..if you loose your PR card this one will be helpful...

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:
Here is our experience:

10 am left Saskatoon.
4 30 arrived North Portal, SK and the officer told me to leave Canada and get back to SK.
Approached US Immigration - Asked me about my job and took me to the office for paper work. Gave me a 'Decline for US entry'. I asked if this will affect my future Visa application and he said 'NO, this is just to re-enter Canada'
Made a U turn and went to Canada Customs - Gave me a yellow sheet of paper.
Took the paper to Immigration - Canada (inside).
The officer asked me my COPR, Passports, Address, my daughter Birth Certificate. I also gave him Health Cards, Government Ids. etc.
He asked me about my job. I answered.

PHOTOS: I took extra photos of the new chin-crown dimension and told him that this are the new requirements. He checked my picture on COPR and said those are big (those are the old photo specification - prior Feb 2011).

He took another paper - Similar to COPR and stuck the new photos in there. He said it was wise to bring photos from new requirements.

We went through the COPR and I signed it.

He explained rights and takes ONE month to receive PR Card and explained SIN etc.

He congratulated us, gave us little Canadian Flags and off we went.

STopped at Duty Free and got some key chains, baby clothes and toys - Went to pay and the lady asked 'Are you going to US'. I said 'NO' . She almost cried and said 'I am sorry, you can buy these ONLY if you are going to US' - hehe. She saw how my wife liked those baby clothes - I saved some money but really liked those key chains. OH well.

Heading to Saskatoon tomorrow - Tired.

1. Bad experience: Budget rental - the lady said your car is booked for tomorrow and not today when i went to pick it up. The car was available, so I luckily got it.

2. Duty Free - See above.

3. Ordered Cactus Nachos and cesar Salad and had no sauces, were dry and not good as they are in Saskatoon.

Recommendations: Take photos of new SPECIFICATION. Officers has some templates and they match the pictures - Ours did not match and they comply with the photos that Buffalo asked for.
Interesting about your photo specifications. I did have another set of photos but was a waste of money $40 for nothing, the lady never asked me for photos...

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
I stickered my file number on the other side of the envelope and not where the sender/receiver information are. Will this become a problem? I entered my tracking number in canada post for the sending envelope and it says it was received in fort erie.. I just hope my passport dont get lost in transaction.. :(

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
superboy_ec said:
Interesting about your photo specifications. I did have another set of photos but was a waste of money $40 for nothing, the lady never asked me for photos...
Thanks Super - Yours must have matched with the 'templates'. Our heads were little bigger than the template since they reduced the chin-crown size. I am not sure how picky they are though - I am assuming they are not since the difference is too little. If she has said its fine, I would not worry. I specifically mentioned the new requirment and he checked them and took the new ones.

And the reason I asked them because we will be leaving for vacation before our cards arrive and wanted to amke sure that they do not create any issue. If you are not going outside Canada, you will be fine.

Did she try to match them?

Slash

Apr 7, 2011
Hi Friends,

I am a Canadian immigration candidate under the AINP Nominee stream. I seldom used this form as things were moving pretty slow. Now its concerning my case is simply stuck at Buffalo with no progress. My application was sent to CIC in May 2010 and I did my medicals in September 2010. Is this normal?

Slash

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
sept15 said:
Thanks Super - Yours must have matched with the 'templates'. Our heads were little bigger than the template since they reduced the chin-crown size. I am not sure how picky they are though - I am assuming they are not since the difference is too little. If she has said its fine, I would not worry. I specifically mentioned the new requirment and he checked them and took the new ones.

And the reason I asked them because we will be leaving for vacation before our cards arrive and wanted to amke sure that they do not create any issue. If you are not going outside Canada, you will be fine.

Did she try to match them?
I am not sure if she tried matching them 'cause she sent us to have a seat and then she called us so I suspect she did...