Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
saka101 said:
I sincerely hope u're right and we hear something by Oct/Nov! That would be sweet.

I also received email from CPP-Ottawa but I didnt see where it said 10 months processing. Am I missing something here?
This is the email my friend got just a while ago from Ottawa.

Date: September 26, 2011
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
219 Laurier Ave. West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at Buffalo office on xxxx.

Your application is part of a group of files that has been transferred from the Buffalo visa office to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office to speed up the creation and processing of your application. All enquiries and correspondence must be addressed to the CPP-O office, unless directed otherwise.

Please note the file number assigned to your file at the top of this message. You must quote this file number in any future correspondence.

Processing time
Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied to require on average 10 months to process at this office. If you have not received any instructions from this office by 120 days from the date of this letter, you are requested to contact this office directly.

Any mailed enquiries or mailed responses to request for documentation should be sent to the following address:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

All e-mail enquiries should be sent to the following address only: OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
It is a very good sign if thet are doing it withing the ountry. your file have ben selected under the pilot stream which will usually be quicker then the normal process. Wish you good luck....
sam
TRUONGAN said:
This is the email my friend got just a while ago from Ottawa.

Date: September 26, 2011
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
219 Laurier Ave. West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at Buffalo office on xxxx.

Your application is part of a group of files that has been transferred from the Buffalo visa office to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office to speed up the creation and processing of your application. All enquiries and correspondence must be addressed to the CPP-O office, unless directed otherwise.

Please note the file number assigned to your file at the top of this message. You must quote this file number in any future correspondence.

Processing time
Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied to require on average 10 months to process at this office. If you have not received any instructions from this office by 120 days from the date of this letter, you are requested to contact this office directly.

Any mailed enquiries or mailed responses to request for documentation should be sent to the following address:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

All e-mail enquiries should be sent to the following address only: OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gC.CA

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did your friend also receive Medical Request?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
saka101 said:
I am not sure if we should be worried or if it is a big deal. I've just been hearing people talk about barcode stickers on medical--no clue what it is.
It's not a big deal. I received those bar-coded stickers with file no (Bxxx xxxx) printed on it along with my medical request mail. Those were meant for mail correspondence which I never had to use. Even the DMP wasn't willing to use them as FILE NO is written on top cover page of medical form.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
saka101 said:
Did your friend also receive Medical Request?
Yes, MR received along with AOR in the above-mentioned letter, all via email. From what they say regarding 120 days timeframe, I think the maximum waiting time is only 4 months now for those who have received MR. We can look at 2 months as an average PPR after medical.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRUONGAN said:
Yes, MR received along with AOR in the above-mentioned letter, all via email. From what they say regarding 120 days timeframe, I think the maximum waiting time is only 4 months now for those who have received MR. We can look at 2 months as an average PPR after medical.
Thats great news!! I did Medical in Advance though. Anyone else did meds in adv?
The tracking number from the DMP showed that Ottawa received my meds on Sept 14th. Hope PPR comes sooon!

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
Hey Saka,

you aasked me in another thread about my medeical updated in ecas.. I didnt replied there... so yea.. my medical is not yet updated... Its still says application recieved..

Lynn-ji

Jun 2, 2011
Rossei said:
There are certain stages of PR processing in CIC-Buffalo for applicants in PNP category:

(1) You receive your FILE No. in AOR (Acknowledgement Of Receipt) after you submit your application.
(2) Soon after that, you receive MEDICAL REQUEST. Upon receipt, you do medical test with any DMP (Designated Medical Practitioner), DMP submits your medical evaluation result to Health Director of Immigration, Ottawa.
(3) After a positive test result, Buffalo will start processing your file. You wit for PPR (Passport Request) for Immigration Visa issuance.
(4) Upon receiving PPR, you submit your passport to Buffalo for PR Visa and CPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency). With that visa sealed on your passport, you officially land in Canada.
(5) The PR Card is normally mailed to your address afterwards.

This is a norm for PNP applicants. Applicants outside Canada may have some changes in processing. But I never heard one submitting medical along with application. Verify with your application checklist if you had to submit medicals.

Thanks, Rossei

I am applying from the U.S. and my app package does have instructions for the photo and receipt form for a medical. So I guess that does mean I am to take the medical and submit that receipt with my application and the dr. would send the medical results. Oh, my, this is all very stressful!

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Lynn-ji, I think u r getting mistaken here, if you are talking about the medical Instructions which are given under the application guide ;D , If yes, then those are just instructions which they want that every applicant must follow them once the applicants receive their AOR and actual Medical forms from the Visa office after a waiting period of 4~6 months upon creation of your file on their systems..

tanoshi

Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2011
AOR Received.
28-05-2011
Med's Request
28-05-2011
Med's Done....
10-06-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
16-12-2011
Rossei said:
You can shoot an email right now saying that you are worrying about your medical if they ever reached Buffalo. You don't have to mention that Ottawa received it on so n so date. They normally reply back depending on the urgency of the issue.
Thanks for advice Rossei. I shot an email to them but still not yet receive any reply yet. In speaking, how many days they can reply? Anyone experience this? Thanks in advance

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tanoshi said:
Thanks for advice Rossei. I shot an email to them but still not yet receive any reply yet. In speaking, how many days they can reply? Anyone experience this? Thanks in advance
Told you it depends on urgency. Once they start processing your case, they normally reply promptly. But if it's in cue, they may never reply back.

tanoshi

Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2011
AOR Received.
28-05-2011
Med's Request
28-05-2011
Med's Done....
10-06-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
16-12-2011
Rossei said:
Told you it depends on urgency. Once they start processing your case, they normally reply promptly. But if it's in cue, they may never reply back.
Thanks again. and yeah, It mean my application is processing. I received their reply as below:

We have received the results of your medical exam.

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.

It means we have to contact them in stead of depend on e-CAS, from what I understand the Officer reply to me.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tanoshi whats ur timeline for meds sent? And when did u email them?
I sent them an email as well to find out if they received my medical but no reply yet.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tanoshi said:
Thanks again. and yeah, It mean my application is processing. I received their reply as below:

We have received the results of your medical exam.

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.

Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.

It means we have to contact them in stead of depend on e-CAS, from what I understand the Officer reply to me.
Hey, I was right. I'm becoming an expert in guessing...

Since they started processing your file, you got a decent reply back. Congrats!

tanoshi

Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2011
AOR Received.
28-05-2011
Med's Request
28-05-2011
Med's Done....
10-06-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
16-12-2011
saka101 said:
Tanoshi whats ur timeline for meds sent? And when did u email them?
I sent them an email as well to find out if they received my medical but no reply yet.
Hi saka101,

My medical sent on July 10, 2011. I did email them evening Thursday and I got reply this morning. The feeling is good at least application in process.

Thanks Rosie. You became expert not only guessing but also value information. Glad this forum have you!!!