Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Read: I know that there are similar topics like this floating in the forum. But this is explicitly for PNP applicants who applied in Buffalo and now are waiting for PPR.

Some of us in the forum have recently got our AOR and gone through our medicals. Now the next step is getting our PPRs unless more documents are requested. Well, how long can it take to issue a PPR from the day Ottawa receives medical report from DMP/ Buffalo sends out the medical request to us?

I heard it takes almost a month for Ottawa to forward the test report to CIC-Buffalo. I've seen in other categories (i.e. CEC) that it's relatively faster (around 1.5/2 months) once you are done with your medical. But for PNP, it varies I guess. 3~6 months from the day Ottawa receives medical result from DMP? More like 5~6 months as it has to complete the cycle of 13 months of the whole processing period even though it took less than 7 months to receive AOR? How much "transferring files to local consulates" or "paying RPRF" play a role here?

Will appreciate any thoughts/recent experience. Thanks.

MAHESARI

Star Member
Apr 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 2011
AOR Received.
July 13, 2011
Med's Request
July 13, 2011
Med's Done....
July 22, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 20, 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 23, 2011
Hi Rossei,

I think we are on same boat. Ottawa received my medical on 18 Aug. Regarding the time line my 2 frnds in saskathewan received passport request in 2 months after there medical reached ottawa.

Be intouch.

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
MAHESARI said:
Hi Rossei,

I think we are on same boat. Ottawa received my medical on 18 Aug. Regarding the time line my 2 frnds in saskathewan received passport request in 2 months after there medical reached ottawa.

Be intouch.

Thanks
That's a good news. If you happen to know how the passport request and Visa sealing work for accompanying spouse (who is NOT in Canada) from your friends' case, pm me.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I check on Trackiit frequently and here's what I found:
  • Less than 50% of people who have sent their medical before April' 2011 (in between January and April) have received PPR. And none of "Medicals Done in March / April 2011 & waiting for PPR" thread users got theirs either.
  • Very few among those who sent their medical after April' 2011 have received PPR
  • It took 2~3 months after medical to transfer files to satellite offices and another 1.5~2 months to receive PPR. So, it actually lengthens the total timeline.
So, it seems you have to be very fortunate to receive PPR within 2/3 months. Otherwise, the average time would be 5~6 months. Correct me if I'm wrong :-X

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
Hello everyone!
I am posting after such a long time. looks like everyone around our timeline has finished their medicals. Congrats to everyone for getting one step closer to our final immigration. Yes, I have read on some message board of people recieving thier PPR after 2-3months. I read this 4-6 week ago on ome of these message board.

For Rossei:
To get your passport stamped you would probably have to get the pasport to canada via someone you know and then direct both of your passports to Buffalo. Few of my friends have done it in that fashion. If you have a relative or a friend travelling to your home country , request them to carry back ur wife' passport. I am not sure if fedex is the best options?

SAM

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sam1986 said:
For Rossei:
To get your passport stamped you would probably have to get the pasport to canada via someone you know and then direct both of your passports to Buffalo. Few of my friends have done it in that fashion. If you have a relative or a friend travelling to your home country , request them to carry back ur wife' passport. I am not sure if fedex is the best options?

SAM
Hey Sam, welcome back! I hope everything going great at your end. It's really good to hear that it doesn't take that long to get PPR; but I highly doubt that Buffalo will process everything within 11-12 months (if PPR comes in 2~3 months).

I am planning to visit my home country in the x-mas holidays. I'm hoping to get PPR either in December or in January and then I can carry my wife's passport at least one way. As most of my friends are travelling around same time frame; I'm still relying on FeDex for the rest.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Today I check my AINP application on CIC phone line at 18882422100 (press 1-2-1) with my Client ID and I found that the status was updated with receipt date. I tried with ECAS but nothing come up. You guys could try the phone.

I sent my application middle of April and now beginning of September they are starting to process. I think the processing time is getting shorter now.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TRUONGAN said:
Today I check my AINP application on CIC phone line at 18882422100 (press 1-2-1) with my Client ID and I found that the status was updated with receipt date. I tried with ECAS but nothing come up. You guys could try the phone.

I sent my application middle of April and now beginning of September they are starting to process. I think the processing time is getting shorter now.
I actually called the CIC number and followed your instruction. I used my UCI# and it says same as it's written in my e-CAS that "my application was received on 18 January 2011". That's it.:(

But this is something worth trying. Will keep in mind for future. Thanks.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Hi Rossie,

I got an email today. I dont know if it is similar to your AOR? How long after AOR you got medical requests by mail?
Is it normal that I received AOR only 4 months after they receive my application? Normally it takes them 6-7 mths

UCI: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Application No.: xxxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxx,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on xxxxxxxxxxx.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Consulate General of Canada
Visa Section
3000 HSBC Center
Buffalo, New York
14203-2884, USA
www.buffalo.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
By providing your e-mail address on your application form, you authorized CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail address. Please ensure that this e-mail address is checked regularly. Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in “ @ cic.gc.ca” or “ @ international.gc.ca.” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your email program and check the junk mail folder in case important emails get filtered. If CIC is advised that the e-mail address you provided is not functional or no longer exists, we will communicate with you by mail.

Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures (such as encryption).

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TRUONGAN said:
Hi Rossie,

I got an email today. I dont know if it is similar to your AOR? How long after AOR you got medical requests by mail?
Is it normal that I received AOR only 4 months after they receive my application? Normally it takes them 6-7 mths
Yes, it's similar as my AOR. It's interesting that you got AOR just after 4 months. I received my Medical Request the following Monday. Normally, people receive it around same day (max 2 weeks).

Hsingh1

Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Hello Guys,
I got a question, my ECAS shows my application received on this date at buffalo but i did not get any email for AOR/Medical yet. Can u tell me with your experience whats that mean. Is it normal and i supposed to get medical request soon or what.

thanks

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
I got AOR via email on Sep 2, CIC phone line updated on Sep 2 as well. Ecas shown today Sep 6

I am still waiting for medical request but I have decided to complete medical exam in advance. I just sent them my medical completion sheet. That would speed things up. ;)

Hsingh1

Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
I got AOR via email on Sep 2, CIC phone line updated on Sep 2 as well. Ecas shown today Sep 6

I am still waiting for medical request but I have decided to complete medical exam in advance. I just sent them my medical completion sheet. That would speed things up.

What did u see on ECAS: is it says your application receievd on this date or something else like something about medicals

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Hsingh1 said:
Hello Guys,
I got a question, my ECAS shows my application received on this date at buffalo but i did not get any email for AOR/Medical yet. Can u tell me with your experience whats that mean. Is it normal and i supposed to get medical request soon or what.

thanks
Contact them to see if your email address on file is correct. I heard some people never received email from CIC because they mistype your email. AOR normally sent via email.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
GUYS:

This thread was meant for timeline for Passport Request (PPR) after Medical has been completed and sent.