+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo Waiting Period: PPR after MEDICAL

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
coolcat250 said:
Hey Rossie,

Your right. I have received my AOR and MR last week via the CPP-Ottawa. I have also done my medical and waiting for the results to be sent to Ottawa. It seems to me that there have been a lot of people having their cases transferred to Ottawa.
hi coolcat, how you can say that ur file has been transferred to Ottawa? are you just assuming too? People are getting two kinds of e-mails from OttPilot, one where they have clearly mentioned about the transfer of files and the other just doesn't say like that but still they(Ottawa) are sending AOR/Medicals to those people too which is not pretty clear to people if their file will actually remain with Buffalo or they have transferred to Ottawa :-X , so wht kind of e-mail you received? mind telling us?
Thanks!

coolcat250

Oct 23, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 31, 2011
Nomination.....
March 31, 2011
AOR Received.
October 26, 2011
File Transfer...
October 2011 (to CPP-Ottawa), Ecas updated We started processing your file on Oct 31, 2011
Med's Request
October 26, 2011
Med's Done....
November 1, 2011 (sent one Nov 7, 2011), eCAS updated to Medical results received on Nov 24, 2011
Passport Req..
December 6, 2011
Hi,
I am sure my file is in Ottawa since this is the message I have received...

Your application is part of a group of files that has been transferred from the Buffalo visa office to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office to speed up the creation and processing of your application. All enquiries and correspondence must be addressed to the CPP-O office, unless directed otherwise.

Well, I understand that its been quite confusing for all since some people received the above mentioned message. Some people received a message saying that their files are in Buffalo but Ottawa helps Buffalo send requests and updates. Now, another person I know also has his file transferred to Ottawa and received AOR and MR exactly the same time as I did. However, he is able to check his ECAS and it says "in-progress". Mine does not mention that, it only says "Application Received".

I do not what else to say. I hope everything goes right for you all...

Regards,

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
thanks coolcat, so its clear that ur file is with Ottawa and it is good too :) .. in my case I got my medicals and AOR from OttPilot-Ottawa but the message states like this and also these are the other e-mail's confusing contents "This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received and that a file has been created for the Regional Program Centre (RPC) in Buffalo. The RPC will be processing your files. Therefore all correspondence and enquiries must be sent to the RPC. Your new application and paper file numbers appear above. Quote these numbers when corresponding with the RPC." ... also my ECas status showing "Application received on XXXX date" ... hope everything go smooth :) , btw wts ur timelines?

Thanks and Gud Luck
Sher Singh

movecanada

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
sher_singh said:
thanks coolcat, so its clear that ur file is with Ottawa and it is good too :) .. in my case I got my medicals and AOR from OttPilot-Ottawa but the message states like this and also these are the other e-mail's confusing contents "This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received and that a file has been created for the Regional Program Centre (RPC) in Buffalo. The RPC will be processing your files. Therefore all correspondence and enquiries must be sent to the RPC. Your new application and paper file numbers appear above. Quote these numbers when corresponding with the RPC." ... also my ECas status showing "Application received on XXXX date" ... hope everything go smooth :) , btw wts ur timelines?

Thanks and Gud Luck
Sher Singh
I am new to the forum and recently starting into this more. Need advise from all of you on my file which I filed from Buffalo as Quebec Skilled worker.
my current status : Sent/Rec'd 20/10/2010 - AOR rec'd 31/03/2011 - Med done 11/04/2011 - No Transfer letter and RPRF asked soo far. e-cas status: "medicals have been received"

I also filed another Federal application back in Sep 2006 with file number BXXX from NewDelhi office; back in June 2011, i requested to withdraw that application from India and continue with Quebec skilled worker application from Buffalo only. I didn't receive any reply from them.

When I go to e-cas it says: QSW Buffalo application " as application received on 20/10/2010 and medicals have been received"
Federal application " application in progress since Sep 2006"

Now, my question to all of you is...
1. Is it normal for me to wait more and not to contact Buffalo office to get the status of the application ?
2. I didn't pay RPRF fees before, should I pay it now...?
3. Should I follow up with New Delhi application to ask them to close that file ?

thanks, let me know your suggestions !!

coolcat250

Oct 23, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 31, 2011
Nomination.....
March 31, 2011
AOR Received.
October 26, 2011
File Transfer...
October 2011 (to CPP-Ottawa), Ecas updated We started processing your file on Oct 31, 2011
Med's Request
October 26, 2011
Med's Done....
November 1, 2011 (sent one Nov 7, 2011), eCAS updated to Medical results received on Nov 24, 2011
Passport Req..
December 6, 2011
sher_singh said:

Thanks and Gud Luck
Sher Singh
Thanks bud
My timeline is
Application Sent to buffalo: July 31, 2011
Application Received by Buffalo: August 2, 2011
Draft cashed: October 4, 2011
AOR + MR (from CPP Ottawa): October 26, 2011
Medical done: November 1, 2011

I hope everything goes well for me and you...keep me updated...

MissMyHubbyInCanada

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Could please help me. Im about to send my nbi clearance together with the passport to my husband, what do i need to include? We havent receive the email for PPR yet. Im somewhat confused what to include in the package. Im afraid i might left out something they need. thanks!

alainski

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
Nomination.....
08-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-04-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 - Detroit
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-11-2011 - Emerson, MB
MissMyHubbyInCanada said:
Could please help me. Im about to send my nbi clearance together with the passport to my husband, what do i need to include? We havent receive the email for PPR yet. Im somewhat confused what to include in the package. Im afraid i might left out something they need. thanks!
i dont think u would be needing the nbi clearance when submitting the pp. just 2 photos and passports of course... :)

MissMyHubbyInCanada

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
alainski said:
i dont think u would be needing the nbi clearance when submitting the pp. just 2 photos and passports of course... :)
actually, we need to submit a new NBI clearance coz mine was already expired. i want to send already the passport to my husband in canada so that if CIC request for our passport it's already available. that's why i want to know what other documents i will send together with the NBI Clearance. :) thanks

coolcat250

Oct 23, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 31, 2011
Nomination.....
March 31, 2011
AOR Received.
October 26, 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
October 26, 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2011
Hi,
Anyone knows what happened when your address is disappeared and it says IN PROCESS status? They have not received my Medical examination though.
Thanks,

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
coolcat250 said:
Hi,
Anyone knows what happened when your address is disappeared and it says IN PROCESS status? They have not received my Medical examination though.
Thanks,
ECAS is very random and unreliable. Your file will be processed in the order of receipt. At this time Buffalo is working on Dec/Jan 2011 files. Count your month from there.

coolcat250

Oct 23, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 31, 2011
Nomination.....
March 31, 2011
AOR Received.
October 26, 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
October 26, 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2011
Hey,
My file is actually in Ottawa now. it is no longer in Buffalo...I received this message though

Your application is part of a group of files that has been transferred from the Buffalo visa office to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office to speed up the creation and processing of your application. All enquiries and correspondence must be addressed to the CPP-O office, unless directed otherwise.

That has made my case very interesting and unpredictable. I knew a person from the trackitt.com forum. He received his AOR and MR in less than three months, and it also shows that they started processing his case on October 14, even before receiving his Medical. he applied under PNP, so did I.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
coolcat250 said:
Hey,
My file is actually in Ottawa now. it is no longer in Buffalo...I received this message though

That has made my case very interesting and unpredictable. I knew a person from the trackitt.com forum. He received his AOR and MR in less than three months, and it also shows that they started processing his case on October 14, even before receiving his Medical. he applied under PNP, so did I.
Ottawa is just a satellite office of Buffalo. It helps Buffalo create the files and send out initial requests- thats about it.

Visa can only be issued by visa offices abroad. Ottawa will not process your application.

coolcat250

Oct 23, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 31, 2011
Nomination.....
March 31, 2011
AOR Received.
October 26, 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
October 26, 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2011
Yeah that is why it is so confusing. Some people received a message telling them that Ottawa only helps Buffalo to send them their requests, updates and other related issues to applicants. Responses or inquires should therefore direct to Buffalo. On the other hand (my case and a few others), it does specifically says that files are transferred to Ottawa and all inquiries and questions should be direct to Ottawa. Well I hope things are going well for my application and hope it goes well with yours as well,

aili_hz

Oct 19, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRUONGAN said:
Ottawa is just a satellite office of Buffalo. It helps Buffalo create the files and send out initial requests- thats about it.

Visa can only be issued by visa offices abroad. Ottawa will not process your application.
AGREEEE!!! all visas, including immigration visas, are supposed to be issued OUT SIDE OF the issuing country. Unlike other overseas Canadian consulates or embassies, the Ottawa office is only a processing post and has to transfer all cases out of the country (to Buffalo in this case) in order to issue the immigration visa.