VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2013
LANDED..........
27/10/2013 (hopefully)
akamboj said:
congrats waterton.......
Hope my journey ends soon too... its been 33 months to me as well.. lol
Thanks,

Yeah, I hope they work as fast as they have been for past few months and everyone here gets PR soon.

wucike

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2010
AOR Received.
15-1-2011
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
28-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 DM 2-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2014
waterton said:
Thanks,

Yeah, I hope they work as fast as they have been for past few months and everyone here gets PR soon.
congrats!!!
did they ask for additional documents after Medical?

waterton

Jul 18, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
07-03-2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
22-08-2013
Passport Req..
24/09/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2013
LANDED..........
27/10/2013 (hopefully)
wucike said:
congrats!!!
did they ask for additional documents after Medical?
Nothing special, they asked for two recent photos and filling out a bio-data form which is simply your height and eye-color. I just emailed and confirmed with them receipt of medical and RPRF after I was done.

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
annu85 said:
Hey guys
I went for USA visa interview in New Delhi but I got refusal under section 214(b)
I have showed them visa interview latter but still I got refusal
So what I have to do now
Plz tell me

How long it will take to transfer my file to New Delhi now
Or they can take interview at phn or skype
Dear Annu85,

Very sorry for your refusal. There was someone in this forum who requested telephonic interview giving the reason that his US visa is refused and new York consulate took his interview over the phone. My suggestion would be, try to get telephonic interview, don't go for file transfer right away.

My interview is tomorrow(after 20 hrs from now), if you read this message before my interview, plz share your experience and advice me something, which you think might have helped you........

waiting for your prompt reply.

bravoo

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
with a reason being called for an inteview to newyork from Delhi - its a sure No No for usa visa.

not sure why was it even applied for

call cic - ndvo and request for interview - they will change location and re-issue a new date

vasanth

Sep 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP ottawa
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
Doc's Request.
NA
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
piscespao said:
Hi... I'm under FSW2. From Buffalo to Ottawa.
I have a question ... I do have a job offer so I'm AEO.... anyones knows if they still request proof of funds in the bank? Even thought I'm AEO?

The beginning of my process was August 2011 and a few days ago they request to update my info... What can I expect after this and how long can it take next step? What other documents they could ask me??

Please I would appreciate any info

Thank you :)
Have you applied for PR under FSW2 (AEO) in Feb? if yes, What information did they ask you to update?

piscespao

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
From Buffalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/20/2012
Doc's Request.
10/9/2013
Nomination.....
PER on March 16th, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 02/20/2012
Med's Request
8/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/10/2013
Passport Req..
2/04/2014
LANDED..........
I PRAY, HOPE n DREAM I will land in 2014
vasanth said:
Have you applied for PR under FSW2 (AEO) in Feb? if yes, What information did they ask you to update?

I sent all forms in feb 2012. AOR then and year and a half later just an email asking me to update the same frms. You know just in case my status or other things have changed... But keep in mind the whole process for my started in August 2011... Sending the opproval for my job offer.

What is you situation?

ehsantjf

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Ottawa-CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2010
Doc's Request.
17-02-2013 (PhD info)
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
IELTS Request
(sent with docs)
File Transfer...
16-05-2012 (to Ottawa-CPP)
Med's Request
10-10-2013 (with RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-11-2013 :D
waterton said:
Got the passport and bio-data request today. ;D It seems that this journey is coming to an end after 33 months. :)
Congrats!
Did you get the request from the same officer? What is his/her tag?

Thanks.

wucike

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2010
AOR Received.
15-1-2011
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
28-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013 DM 2-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2014
waterton said:
Nothing special, they asked for two recent photos and filling out a bio-data form which is simply your height and eye-color. I just emailed and confirmed with them receipt of medical and RPRF after I was done.
great!
thanks for the info.

obs35

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
annu85 said:
Hey guys
I went for USA visa interview in New Delhi but I got refusal under section 214(b)
I have showed them visa interview latter but still I got refusal
So what I have to do now
Plz tell me

How long it will take to transfer my file to New Delhi now
Or they can take interview at phn or skype
Well, you can not ask to transfer a file to other visa office (you can ask but they will probably say "no"). I read here before that someone asked for file to be transferred and it was approved. I'm not sure if i believe this....

Files can be transferred to other visa offices only if CIC wants to because of "program integrity", only if it helps them to process the file because of a local investigating experience or local knowledge. Remember, immigrating to Canada is a privilege and not a right, they can set the rules and they can choose to follow them, as they SHOULD.

If they ask you to come for an interview and you don't show up (regardless of the reason why you failed to show up), guess what? your file will be denied. As far as a phone or skype interview, it is a their discretion, but i would think that they would call you first instead of asking to come for an interview, again, this would be easier for them to do instead of an in person interview. There must be a reason why they want you in person.

Below, is a copy and paste out of CIC regulations about files transfer, read last paragraph carefully:

"Processing offices may transfer files at any stage for reasons of program integrity.
Program integrity includes issues related to local knowledge, such as the ability to effectively evaluate documents: knowledge of local security and criminality environments; or familiarity with business practices and procedures.
Progam integrity also includes improving program efficiencies. For example missions may be asked by National Headquarters to transfer files in order to improve processing times where there are insufficient capacities to process the volume of applications at the mission or in the event of special circumstances (political instability, natural disaster, etc) . This not only helps the department in reaching its objectives but the applicant also benefits from faster processing times. Other factors may be taken into account when evaluating the impact of a file transfer on program integrity.
Processing offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed and process the application as usual.. Leaving a visa office’s territory alone, may not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred."

kipling122

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
23-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Med's Request
16-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct 23
VISA ISSUED...
nov 4
LANDED..........
dec 4
when did u send ur passport? :eek:

canada.aspirant2013

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, Now in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-01-2012
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 2013
AOR Received.
March-21-2012
IELTS Request
March-01-2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Med's Request
Oct 10, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 19, 2013; Ecas (third line) update: Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 14, 2013 at Coutts, AB T0K0N0
waterton said:
Got the passport and bio-data request today. ;D It seems that this journey is coming to an end after 33 months. :)
Congrats mate. Start planning your celebration :)

veri33

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
AOR Received.
01-10-2011
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2014
obs35 said:
Well, you can not ask to transfer a file to other visa office (you can ask but they will probably say "no"). I read here before that someone asked for file to be transferred and it was approved. I'm not sure if i believe this....

Files can be transferred to other visa offices only if CIC wants to because of "program integrity", only if it helps them to process the file because of a local investigating experience or local knowledge. Remember, immigrating to Canada is a privilege and not a right, they can set the rules and they can choose to follow them, as they SHOULD.

If they ask you to come for an interview and you don't show up (regardless of the reason why you failed to show up), guess what? your file will be denied. As far as a phone or skype interview, it is a their discretion, but i would think that they would call you first instead of asking to come for an interview, again, this would be easier for them to do instead of an in person interview. There must be a reason why they want you in person.

Below, is a copy and paste out of CIC regulations about files transfer, read last paragraph carefully:

"Processing offices may transfer files at any stage for reasons of program integrity.
Program integrity includes issues related to local knowledge, such as the ability to effectively evaluate documents: knowledge of local security and criminality environments; or familiarity with business practices and procedures.
Progam integrity also includes improving program efficiencies. For example missions may be asked by National Headquarters to transfer files in order to improve processing times where there are insufficient capacities to process the volume of applications at the mission or in the event of special circumstances (political instability, natural disaster, etc) . This not only helps the department in reaching its objectives but the applicant also benefits from faster processing times. Other factors may be taken into account when evaluating the impact of a file transfer on program integrity.
Processing offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed and process the application as usual.. Leaving a visa office's territory alone, may not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred."
good and informative post. thank you.