Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
Asadkh said:
I m in Canada but I have a valid USA visa
The e-mail from CIC suggests they haven't finished your eligibility review. I am just wondering if you have lived in the US before? I am thinking you also haven't go medicals/documents/RPRF requests? Like I said, you need to wait for NY.

Asadkh

Apr 26, 2013
I never lived in USA but the asked me updated docs request on 28 August 2013 and u sent sent sep 9th so why the transfered me ?

usaca

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013
Med's Request
October 9, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Passport Req..
October 28, 2013 Passport sent on November 06,2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 25, 2013 Received on November 22, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Asadkh said:
I never lived in USA but the asked me updated docs request on 28 August 2013 and u sent sent sep 9th so why the transfered me ?
If you had never lived in USA how did you apply through buffalo?

Asadkh said:
Plz help
Fsw2 buffalo to Ottawa
Applied February 2012
Aor march 2012
Doc req aug 2013
Sent sep 2013
Oct3 2013 this email
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Your application has been transferred to the visa office in New York, NY, USA for further review of your eligibility and admissibility for a permanent resident visa.

The Canadian visa office in New York will communicate with you via e-mail. The email you receive will come from email addresses that end in “ @ international.gc.ca” or “ @ cic.gc.ca”. Please add these to the “safe senders” list in your email program. You should also check your junk mail folder in your email program and/or in your email website in case important emails get filtered into this folder.

Please note that the visa office in New York cannot respond to case status enquiries at this time. We ask you to be patient and wait until that office contacts you within the next two months. Your patience will permit the visa office to begin work on your application more quickly.

However, if your personal circumstances change, such as the birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce, you must inform that visa office immediately. They must also be informed if any of the following change:

· Change of email address
· Change of residential or mailing address
· Change of immigration representative (if applicable)
· Decision to withdraw your application
· Approval of Arranged Employment Opinion by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
10/2013 In process: 1/2014 Additional Doc Request: 2/2014
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
5/2014 ( in Canada since 2009)
usaca said:
If you had never lived in USA how did you apply through buffalo?
The files of those who applied while in Canada were transferred to Buffalo and other visa office I believe in the US. My spouse has never travelled to the US but the application was sent to Buffalo.

glengrove

Feb 5, 2013
e-medical uploading problems????

is there anyone who did medical recently? did you check if the result is uploaded??
I did more than 2 weeks ago. called the clinic and asked whether they uploaded the result or not. they said they are having some problem with uploading...for a week!!!
suspicious though, cuz I remember when I went to the clinic for the medical, I overheard that receptionist said the same thing to the guy who came by to check the result.
I'm curious..if it is true or they are just giving fake excuse...

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Plz help
FSW 2
Ottawa
Docs request 28 August 2013
Docs sent 8 sep2013
Oct 3 2013

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Your application has been transferred to the visa office in New York, NY, USA for further review of your eligibility and admissibility for a permanent resident visa.

The Canadian visa office in New York will communicate with you via e-mail. The email you receive will come from email addresses that end in “ @ international.gc.ca” or “ @ cic.gc.ca”. Please add these to the “safe senders” list in your email program. You should also check your junk mail folder in your email program and/or in your email website in case important emails get filtered into this folder.

Please note that the visa office in New York cannot respond to case status enquiries at this time. We ask you to be patient and wait until that office contacts you within the next two months. Your patience will permit the visa office to begin work on you

Do not worry dear
When ever file transfer to New York they will give you call for interview
Coz when ever file transfer to New York at the end they will call for interview
May be they have sone doubts on your arrange employment
Over all this is *censored word* processing system
After 3 or 4 year they start finding AEO is valid or not or something else

alexalex

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Sep 2013
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
Sep 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
It is interesting how CPP work nowadays:

First, they ask for standard update docs (forms + job/school reference)
Second for medical exam (or medical first, docs second)

and then they open your file and start review process.

In my case I got medical received and we start review a week later.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Received my MR on Monday of this past week; the email also requested that I pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). My word of advice to anyone else in my shoes: If you are in the USA, be ready to deal with a lot of med examiners who don't know CIC's newest procedures.

The hardest part now is tracking down a medical examiner who knows CIC's new procedures for the medical exams. The last three CIC-qualified examiners I called said I needed the biodat page/IMM 1017E and an IME number as well as passport photos, even though all of them used the new eMedical electronic system. I tried to explain to all of them that according to CIC, if they use the newest eMed system then the FSW1/2 applicant who is getting an up front exam should not bring a 1017 and does not get issued an IME number anymore; additionally, the photos are supposed to be digitally taken now by the doctor's office rather than passport photos. They all seemed clueless, so I will be driving over to Toronto next week to get it done at a Canadian examiner's office, since they seem to be aware of the changes.

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
alexalex said:
It is interesting how CPP work nowadays:

First, they ask for standard update docs (forms + job/school reference)
Second for medical exam (or medical first, docs second)

and then they open your file and start review process.

In my case I got medical received and we start review a week later.
And then sometimes they ask for updated settlement funds again when they request MR and RPRF, even after one has provided this two months ago with the updated documents they requested. Maybe it is to make sure it is not borrowed money.

usaca

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2011
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013
Med's Request
October 9, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Passport Req..
October 28, 2013 Passport sent on November 06,2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 25, 2013 Received on November 22, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
paul2587 said:
Received my MR on Monday of this past week; the email also requested that I pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). My word of advice to anyone else in my shoes: If you are in the USA, be ready to deal with a lot of med examiners who don't know CIC's newest procedures.

The hardest part now is tracking down a medical examiner who knows CIC's new procedures for the medical exams. The last three CIC-qualified examiners I called said I needed the biodat page/IMM 1017E and an IME number as well as passport photos, even though all of them used the new eMedical electronic system. I tried to explain to all of them that according to CIC, if they use the newest eMed system then the FSW1/2 applicant who is getting an up front exam should not bring a 1017 and does not get issued an IME number anymore; additionally, the photos are supposed to be digitally taken now by the doctor's office rather than passport photos. They all seemed clueless, so I will be driving over to Toronto next week to get it done at a Canadian examiner's office, since they seem to be aware of the changes.
What are you talking about? How do you know about new emed system? I mean, is it on CIC's website?

CIC asked medical information without sending me IMM 1017E and IME number. I am stuck there. Here you are saying something different.

And of course, could you please tell us the source of the statement " if they use the newest eMed system then the FSW1/2 applicant who is getting an up front exam should not bring a 1017 and does not get issued an IME number anymore".

Your information has made me extremely curious about you. You got MR and RPRF request on 30th Sep. I have few questions on that. Didn't you get IMM 1017E or IME number?? If you got MR, why are you convincing doctors about upfront medical exam? Did you get any kind of directions from CIC about that?

FYI:I know about the digital photos. Besides digital photos they are asking passport size photos only to attach them with the chest reports.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
usaca said:
What are you talking about? How do you know about new emed system? I mean, is it on CIC's website?

CIC asked medical information without sending me IMM 1017E and IME number. I am stuck there. Here you are saying something different.

And of course, could you please tell us the source of the statement " if they use the newest eMed system then the FSW1/2 applicant who is getting an up front exam should not bring a 1017 and does not get issued an IME number anymore".

Your information has made me extremely curious about you. You got MR and RPRF request on 30th Sep. I have few questions on that. Didn't you get IMM 1017E or IME number?? If you got MR, why are you convincing doctors about upfront medical exam? Did you get any kind of directions from CIC about that?

FYI:I know about the digital photos. Besides digital photos they are asking passport size photos only to attach them with the chest reports.
The 'upfront' part was a typo on my end - wasn't thinking when I put that in there. This has all been extraordinarily confusing because the email CIC sent literally stated:
· Medical examination for yourself
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

On that site, it says you receive a 1017 from the visa office if you are NOT doing an upfront exam. In my case, I did not receive any 1017 from the visa office - just that link as part of the bigger email that also was asking for my RPRF. So, that was the beginning of my confusion. Then I went back to my email from CIC, which contained no 1017 at all or an IME number. At that point, I called two different med examiners' offices, and they both told me I needed four passport photos, the 'biodat page' (which I'm assuming is the Form 1017), and an IME number. At this point, I was really very confused, since they are requesting this yet none of it was provided to me by CIC in their MR email they sent me on the 30th.

I then called a third examiner, located nearby in Toronto (I live near the border). That person was not only half the price of the US examiner ($200CAD versus $400 USD!), but also told me that all I needed to bring was my passport. They said they could get my IME number from the eMed system once I was there, and that they took the pictures with a digital camera so no passport photos were needed.

Does this all make sense? And by the way, you're in pretty good shape given you applied 1-2 months before me and got your MR a few weeks before I did.

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
paul2587 said:
The 'upfront' part was a typo on my end - wasn't thinking when I put that in there. This has all been extraordinarily confusing because the email CIC sent literally stated:
· Medical examination for yourself
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

On that site, it says you receive a 1017 from the visa office if you are NOT doing an upfront exam. In my case, I did not receive any 1017 from the visa office - just that link as part of the bigger email that also was asking for my RPRF. So, that was the beginning of my confusion. Then I went back to my email from CIC, which contained no 1017 at all or an IME number. At that point, I called two different med examiners' offices, and they both told me I needed four passport photos, the 'biodat page' (which I'm assuming is the Form 1017), and an IME number. At this point, I was really very confused, since they are requesting this yet none of it was provided to me by CIC in their MR email they sent me on the 30th.

I then called a third examiner, located nearby in Toronto (I live near the border). That person was not only half the price of the US examiner ($200CAD versus $400 USD!), but also told me that all I needed to bring was my passport. They said they could get my IME number from the eMed system once I was there, and that they took the pictures with a digital camera so no passport photos were needed.

Does this all make sense? And by the way, you're in pretty good shape given you applied 1-2 months before me and got your MR a few weeks before I did.
In our case there was an email addressed to the principal applicant requesting for MR for each family member, the email also stated that medical instructions will follow within 48 hours. Minutes later, another set of emails arrived with medical forms and instructions for each family member. The form (IMM1017E)has a space for IME number but there is nothing written there. I'm assuming that the doctor's office will pull that up from the system and enter it on the form.

alwayspositive

Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/2011
Doc's Request.
7/2013
AOR Received.
8/2011
Med's Request
10/2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
2/14
VISA ISSUED...
2/14
LANDED..........
...so Paul, once cic has requested medical from you, it means your name is in the system, so I guess you can go ahead and have it done. The form they sent us had mo identifying information on it. We are a family of 4 all the forms we got are the same.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
alwayspositive said:
...so Paul, once cic has requested medical from you, it means your name is in the system, so I guess you can go ahead and have it done. The form they sent us had mo identifying information on it. We are a family of 4 all the forms we got are the same.
Thanks alwayspositive! That really is fascinating - the fact you got an email that stated instructions would follow and then got that second email. Mine was very different - the only mention it gave of the actual MR was that link I provided, and made no mention of additional medical instructions. I did not receive any subsequent email either, so when I went to the CIC site and saw plainly that you are supposed to have an IMM 1017E, I was very confused. However, after making my medical exam appointment and being told all I needed was my passport, it occurred to me that there must be some new procedures or something since I don't need the 1017E or an IME number before I go to my appointment. That's why I said that in my initial post today. Hopefully this makes sense to USACA, since he/she is "extremely curious" about me.

Thanks again for your info, it helps clear some things up. I'm a single applicant, FSW1 with no spouse or family, so maybe that makes a difference as to why I did not receive a 1017E.