+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo stop sending AOR?

onono

Jun 14, 2009
Hello everybody.

I applied CEC for 2 months already. I have not received AOR yet.
Last week I checked CIC official website "application status". It showed that "WE RECEIVED YOUR APPLICATION ON XX.XX.XXXX."
I clicked on that. It showed that "WE STARTED PROCESSING ON XX.XX.XXXX"
I have no idea when I was able to check that because I checked only once just two weeks after I sent my files. I am waiting for my AOR in both mail and email all the time.
People told me Buffalo updates online status instead of sending AOR. Is that true? I never saw AOR before but I think I am supposed to receive some info. on the paper.
Does it mean that was my AOR or my AOR is on the way to my home in the mail? Should I have some file number or anything on AOR?

Thank you.

natali

Jan 15, 2010
you may be the luckiest person I know whose ECAS is working. I received my AOR on may 17th through regular mail. I applied on Feb 25th. It appears it is taking them around 3 months to send out AOR. my ecan aiant working still, but I do not care because it adds stress to my mind. Good luck

onono

Jun 14, 2009
I didnt set up any account on ECAS. I dont even know how it works. The client ID # is the only number that I know.
I would like to receive AOR better. The status just showed one sentence. Nothing else.
whats the advantage of ECAS? make my application processed faster?

akp

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my AOR on May 31 after them receiving my application on March 19. Yet, my e-CAS doesn't seem to recognize either my Client-ID or my File Number. Anyone else facing a similar problem?

natali

Jan 15, 2010
my e-cas not working as well. I received my AOR on May 17th and no news till yet.

I email Buffalo to know why e-cas is not working in my case and this is what they have replied.

"e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.
Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) frequently does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.
Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General"

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It's different with the FSW applicants. Their applications are first processed in Sydney, Nova Scotia, so e-CAS works for them. Mostly :) Thanks Natali for sharing that info.

Essat

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-March-2010
AOR Received.
13-May-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
To LA on 10-Nov-2010
Med's Request
08-12-2010
Med's Done....
14-01-2011, sent 26-01-2011
Passport Req..
13-April-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2011
LANDED..........
05-Jun-2011
natali said:
my e-cas not working as well. I received my AOR on May 17th and no news till yet.

I email Buffalo to know why e-cas is not working in my case and this is what they have replied.

"e-Cas is for applications processing within Canada only.
Immigration cases being processed in Visa offices outside Canada use a system different from that used to process similar applications in Canada. As a result, the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) frequently does not reflect the status of cases being processed in Buffalo.
Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in Buffalo.
Regards,
Canadian Consulate General"
I am not entirely sure about that. My application is being processed in Buffalo and my e-CAS was updated 2 weeks before I got my AOR. I can now login using the client ID # and the B-file # (Immigration file #). That's true for a number of other applicants. According to the CIC website, the e-CAS can be accessed if you applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada. There must be another criteria used to decide on whose e-CAS gets 'activated' and whose doesn't - It could just be at the discretion of the Visa Officer handling your case.

Please note that the e-CAS doesn't provide a great deal of info about your application - only the stage at which it has reached or whether a decision has been made, and so I wouldn’t get bothered if it’s not ‘activated’

Essat