In Process 4th Nov 2013
Passport Req..
Jan 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 04 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 9 2014
mamanat said:
I submitted my application through a lawyer. So if I want to contact CIC, can I send them email myself or my lawyer has to do it. Does anyone know?

Thanks.
Yes you can, I am in Same boat and I did 3 month a go and CIC send me reply

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
odis said:
Does anyone know anything about the Biodata form???

where do I get a copy of that......
The 'biodata' form is just a table that has spaces for names, application number, height, and eye color. From what I understand it shows up as an .htm file attached to the email. Depending on what email client you are using, it may or may not be easy to see (.htm is certainly not a common file extension for email attachments). Because it's an htm file it's also possible it could be displayed within the email itself.

If you can't see it in your current client (i.e. if you're using Outlook), try a different interface for reading your email (like webmail). You can also try forwarding the email to another account and see if the attachment is obvious there. I suppose it's possible CIC may have forgotten to attach it, or perhaps your email server removed it when it was received thinking it was some sort of malware.

If no luck, try phoning the call centre, it's possible they may be able to send you a copy of the form.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp#callcentre

Let us know how you fare.

Good luck!

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
mamanat said:
I submitted my application through a lawyer. So if I want to contact CIC, can I send them email myself or my lawyer has to do it. Does anyone know?

Thanks.
Although you can certainly send emails to CIC yourself, it probably makes sense in most cases to work through your lawyer to make sure everyone is on the same page with information. I would consider at least contacting your lawyer beforehand for their opinion.

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
na1234 said:
Guys my ecas is still not working, I applied in Feb 2011, so I should receive a news before the end of February, hopefully it is something positive. 3 of my friends who applied at the same time as me, got their PPR the last 2 weeks, and now I am waiting alone. Hopefully the Ottawa office will keep its promise and give us some news in Feb because i have been waiting for 2 years

also I order GCMS notes in december and I saw that everything was passed and medical was extended until august 2013, so hopefully they don't ask me for anything new. I can't wait for another 3-4 month, i'll become depressed and in need of a psychologist.

Good luck to all.
I agree that the file disappearing from ecas is probably a good sign. Based on recent forum activity, it seems that many of those 'disappearing' applications are from April 2011 or earlier.

There was an interview posted on the 'Lost of Buffalo' facebook page not too long ago that indicated ecas is an automated system that is being phased out and not to rely on it too much. So far it appears that several people who had their file disappear from ecas have been getting emails from CIC, either PPRs or other requests for additional information. I can only believe that means those files have finally been assigned to a case officer, which is definitely good.

If you're in Canada, you can try contacting your local MPs office for a status update (if you haven't done so for a while). I've heard various degrees of success on this, but it's certainly worth a try.

Keep your spirits up, there are indications that CIC is finally starting to take action on the Buffalo files.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
@ Syed
Send your CV and your other documents. I dont think they need your PCC but its a good idea to get a new one . Just in case they ask for a new PCC.
Normally the documents that are highlighted in the email is what CIC need.

@ Odis
Send your original documents.Don't email them it might cause confusion and delays.
Also pay your RPRF. They will rectify on their own all the mistakes that they have made.

I am saying this because when I got my Medicals and AOR the email that came from CPP-O
looked like as if someone has sent it from Buffalo. It is my guess that
they have standard templates for sending emails which they have not updated as yet.

Good Luck Guys

odis

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
01-10-2011
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
thanks for the suggestions.

Does anyone has that Biodata form that wouldn't mind sharing?

Tracy22k

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
hello,

For all those who count not access their ecas since monday. are u guys able to now? mine is still not working since monday.. :p :p :p

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
Tracy22k said:
hello,

For all those who count not access their ecas since monday. are u guys able to now? mine is still not working since monday.. :p :p :p
nope!

chimbombo

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
Nomination.....
02-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
15-09-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi guys I need your help again.

What happen if I get married with a Canadian citizen. While I'm waiting for CPP-Ottawa to finalize my file. Is this marriage gonna delay my application?

Thanks.

Cytric

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
Nov. 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
Mar 2010
Med's Request
Mar 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2013
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
chimbombo said:
Hi guys I need your help again.

What happen if I get married with a Canadian citizen. While I'm waiting for CPP-Ottawa to finalize my file. Is this marriage gonna delay my application?

Thanks.
It may be some help. It's a response I got from Buffalo while inquiring the marital status update. Focus on number 2.

1) If your spouse is NOT a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, he or she must be examined in the context of your application, whether or not he or she will accompany you to Canada. He or she will have to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form upon reception of the documents listed below.

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

· processing fee for your spouse (If your spouse is NOT a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and will be accompanying you to Canada)

· copy of your marriage certificate (not your marriage license)

· notarized birth certificate of your spouse

· copy of your spouse's valid passport

· 3 recent photographs of your spouse according to the specifications

· a notarized "no" criminal activity certificate for your spouse

· a completed application kit with all the requirements

· updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for yourself.

· a "Certificat de Sélection du Québec" for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp).

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required. All documents must be sent by mail or fax (see fax number and address below.

2) If your spouse is a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident in Canada, they may choose to sponsor you in the Family Class Category if he / she is a permanent resident and residing in Canada OR a Canadian Citizen.

Information which will assist you in making this decision is available at:
- Processing times for immigration applications in all categories: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/index.asp

- Information on Family Class immigration: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

If you decide to submit a Family Class application, your Skilled Worker application (or in any other category) will not be affected. Once a positive decision is made on either application the other application will be closed.

Application forms, fees schedule, payment methods and photo specifications are available on our Web site: www.buffalo.gc.ca.

Thanks,

CyTric

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
I wish I would have applied in July :(:(:(:(

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
Tracy22k said:
Lol. Not all my dear. I am july and still waiting.
I was talking abt July 2012.....