18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
nima514 said:
I heard a person has received a PPR today and he is required to send his passport to OTTAWA. Let's see if Ottawa is indeed going to stamp our passports (if we need one) from now on.
that's good news, do you his time line/

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
shaikhaffi said:
that's good news, do you his time line/
CSQ,
December 2010 applied for Federal
May 2011 medical check
Sept 2012 medical (but without government mail/e-mail, based on personal decision) .....

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
syed_h_sha said:
Points 10 and 11.. who is Nandini ? and how can she help 2010 CSQ holders..if that is true why a personal mail id? instead of official id ?
I met Nadine and she said she might be able to help 2010 applicants. I am cautious about sharing my personal info with anybody.

Tracy22k

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Please do we know of anyone whose spouse live outside who still got PR even after thier medical had expired? I am concerned cos i do not want cic to review my file and then ask my husband to go re-do medicals cos ours expired since nov 2012 and we have not heard anything from cic. Am curious based on the interviews from the directors yesterday, regarding medical extension for those inside canada and for those outside.
thanks for any input plss

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
For the 2011 applicants who are still waiting for PPR's.....
You guys should contact Facebook group.."Les oubliés de buffalo en action"...they did protest today in Ottawa..if you want to share your experience and tell them how much you are suffering...contact Michele Dorion ( michele.dorion @ gmail.com )...this might help us....
Link for facebook group https://www.facebook.com/LesOubliesDeBuffaloEnAction?fref=ts

longest_wait

Oct 1, 2012
RWilco said:
I expect those visa offices will process the PPRs that are in their possession but there will be no new PPRs directed to those offices. When they announced the Buffalo closure, the initial announcement came out May 29, 2012 but the office actually closed August 27, 2012.

Perhaps this has something to do with the dearth of PPRs the last few weeks...

Has anyone received a PPR yet that instructs them to send their passport to Ottawa?
If I am interpreting this correctly and according to this link: cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-01-29.asp

"All permanent resident applications currently in process at the offices in Detroit, Seattle or Caracas will be transferred to the office now responsible, where processing will resume. Applications previously submitted to the visa office in Caracas will now be processed in Mexico City and those submitted to Seattle or Detroit will be processed by Los Angeles and New York. "

Is this serious? So they first close Buffalo then transfer applications to ottawa which then transfers to Detroit, then close Detroit, now it goes to New York, what's next?

My timeline:

Applied in June 2011

File transferred to Detroit officer to start processing on Dec 6th

Does anyone have any words of support that can prove me wrong or at least enlighten this situation :(

Good luck to everyone.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
longest_wait said:
If I am interpreting this correctly and according to this link: cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-01-29.asp

"All permanent resident applications currently in process at the offices in Detroit, Seattle or Caracas will be transferred to the office now responsible, where processing will resume. Applications previously submitted to the visa office in Caracas will now be processed in Mexico City and those submitted to Seattle or Detroit will be processed by Los Angeles and New York. "

Is this serious? So they first close Buffalo then transfer applications to ottawa which then transfers to Detroit, then close Detroit, now it goes to New York, what's next?

My timeline:

Applied in June 2011

File transferred to Detroit officer to start processing on Dec 6th

Does anyone have any words of support that can prove me wrong or at least enlighten this situation :(

Good luck to everyone.

Detroit is now closed and they will send your application to Ottawa! :(

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Landed in Canada Jan 28th

Took a flight to USA and returned to Saskatoon Airport afew Days later. (I am visa exempt so I could do this)
Made sure the return was during normal office hours (Mon-Fri 08:30-16:30)
Requested to "land" at airport. And was promptly precessed. All very easy and smooth.

Documents presented to officers
* Passport (oviously)
* Certificate of Permanet Residence both CIC and client copy (obviously)
* Recent utility bills to prove address
* Bank Statement

Then signed and initialed forms in front of officer. Got Passport stamped. Done.

Just in case I had a whole bunch of other stuff with me - complete photocopies of
PR application and SINP application - but they were not necessary.

Good Luck and Progress to all here.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
Is there is anybody from Toronto that has suffered by the closure of the visa office in Buffalo? Please contact Michele in the facebook group "les oublie de Buffalo". You may get a chance to have a TV interview and you may get your residence faster because of a celebrity status! who knows?

Also, if there is a person living in Montreal whose work permit is about to expire and is fluent in English and wants to be on CTV please immediately contact Michele in the same facebook group.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
longest_wait said:
I thought it mentions that it will be transferred directly to New York, are you sure it will go to Ottawa?
Yea u may be correct I read the OP later and it says it will be sent to an office in US... not to canada lol

NSNSNS

Jan 11, 2013
Hello everyone,

Have anybody got ppr in the last two weeks? Or did you hear any of your friends get ppr recently?

I am just wondering why it is so quite this month>

We really need some good news to cheer up.

Thank you in advance for your posts!

bha

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 7, 2012
Doc's Request.
Oct 04, 2013
Nomination.....
April 17, 2012
AOR Received.
June 26 2012
File Transfer...
RPRF 17th June 2013
Med's Request
June 26 2012
Med's Done....
July 7 2012
Interview........
In Process 4th Nov 2013
Passport Req..
Jan 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 04 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 9 2014
NSNSNS said:
Hello everyone,

Have anybody got ppr in the last two weeks? Or did you hear any of your friends get ppr recently?

2013, Jan was like a lazy morning (NO PPR)…………………good hope feb………!!

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
NSNSNS said:
Hello everyone,

Yesterday on the Facebook page for "forgotten buffalo" .Someone reported that a Jan 2011 applicant received a PPR.
But I agree with you if CIC wants to meet the deadlines then they should issue several PPRs each day.