18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
bear1919 said:
Yes it is... but our application was changed to in process before the expiration of our medical. I dont know why do they have to do medical again. as far as we know this is not our fault if the process took so long.
I know its disappointing, CIC usually asks extension for inland applicants. This how the Ott-Pilot director replied to medical extension problem during an interview with "Les oubliés de buffalo en action" admins.

"6 - Medical visits that have expired require an extension. It is requested by the agent to another federal Department. For those that live in the Canada, the extension is granted without problem. For those who left or for those whose family is distributed, contact with a doctor from the country of residence is sometimes necessary, this may slightly delay the folder."

singhcanada4

Jan 22, 2013
nima514 said:
Minutes of the meeting Forgotten / CIC

3 - For most files that are easy to treat, the attribution to an Ottawa agent raises the finalisation of the folder (e-Brown or CRP: the famous email inviting you to send either passport or photocopies). It will be gifts in February 2013 first answers within the time frame. For folders that require additional information, an agent will contact you within the same timeframe.

Hi,

is this time frame in refrence to what category u have applied in or is it for those who have applied before june 2011. I applied under federal skilled worker in may 2011 , however i did update my wifes info in jan 2012 . so shld i hear something in feb 2013 ? need help .....

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
nima514 said:
Minutes of the meeting Forgotten / CIC

The meeting lasted more than an hour. We met with the directors of the pilot center in Ottawa. They listened carefully to the sum of galleys financial, psychological, professional, etc ... They brought a lot of answers to our questions.

1 - AUCUN dossier n'est perdu. Même les dossiers inactifs (qui sont restés sans réponse aux demandes de documents complémentaires) et qui ont été archivés peuvent être ressortis. Si votre député vous dit que vous n'apparaissez pas dans le système, il faut lui demander de faire vérifier dans les deux systèmes informatiques (nouveau et ancien), la date de naissance, le nom, le pays d'origine et l'ID client suffisent pour vous retrouver.
2 - L'échéancier publié est réalisable. La majorité des dossiers seront traités dans les délais annoncés.
3 - Pour la plupart des dossiers qui sont faciles à traiter, l'attribution à un agent d'Ottawa déclenche la finalisation du dossier (e-brune ou CRP : le fameux courriel vous invitant à envoyer soit le passeport, soit les photocopies). On aura dons les premières réponses en Févier 2013 selon l'échéancier. Pour les dossiers qui demandent des informations complémentaires, un agent vous contactera dans les mêmes délais.
4 - Les e-cas ne sont pas mis à jour par les agents, c'est un système automatisé qui va être remplacé alors on ne se fie pas trop à ça.
5 - Il y a 30 agents qui prennent les décisions sur les dossiers et l'équipe complète est de 140 personnes.
6 - Les visites médicales qui ont expiré nécessitent une extension. Celle-ci est demandée par l'agent à un autre service fédéral. Pour ceux qui vivent au Canada, l'extension est accordée sans problème. Pour ceux qui sont repartis ou pour ceux dont la famille est repartie, le contact avec un médecin du pays de résidence est parfois nécessaire, cela peut retarder un peu le dossier.
7 - 15% des dossiers des oubliés ont été traités à ce jour. CIC promet d'énormes changements d'ici fin février.
8 - Pour le décompte d'admissibilité à la citoyenneté, il n'y a pas de possibilité car les lois de l'immigration et de la citoyenneté sont différentes.
9 - Le permis de travail ouvert et gratuit n'est pour l'instant pas une option pour CIC qui veut traiter les dossiers de RP et ne pas multiplier les demandes de temporaire. Le dernier BO peut faciliter les choses pour les demandeurs qui ne sont pas au Québec mais de ce côté-là, pas grand-chose à attendre.
10 - Pour les titulaires d'un CSQ de 2010, prière de contacter Nadine (nadine.coste @ hotmail.com), une prise en charge particulière sera mise en place.
11 - Pour les familles qui attendent un enfant et qui ne sont plus en permis temporaire (donc sans assurance-maladie), prière aussi de contacter Nadine à la même adresse, une attention particulière va être accordée aux dossiers.
Proceedings of the forgotten/CIC meeting the meeting lasted more than an hour. We met with the directors of the Ottawa pilot centre. They listened with attention to the sum of financial, psychological, galleys, etc...They brought many answers to our questions.

1 - No folder is lost. Even the inactive folders (which are unanswered requests for additional documents) and which have been archived can be identified. If your MP tells you that you are not on the system, ask him to check in two computer systems (old and new), date of birth, the name and the country of origin and client ID are enough to get.
2 - The published timetable is feasible. The majority of the files will be processed in the advertised processing time.
3 - For most files that are easy to treat, the attribution to an Ottawa agent raises the finalisation of the folder (e-Brown or CRP: the famous email inviting you to send either passport or photocopies). It will be gifts in February 2013 first answers within the time frame. For folders that require additional information, an agent will contact you within the same timeframe.
4 - E-cas are not updated by the agents, it is an automated system that will be replaced so it does not rely too much on it.
5 - There are 30 agents who make the decisions on the records and the full team is 140 people.
6 - Medical visits that have expired require an extension. It is requested by the agent to another federal Department. For those that live in the Canada, the extension is granted without problem. For those who left or for those whose family is distributed, contact with a doctor from the country of residence is sometimes necessary, this may slightly delay the folder.
7 15% of cases of forgotten were treated to date. CIC promises huge changes by the end of February.
8 - For the count of eligibility for citizenship, there is no possibility for immigration and citizenship laws are different.
9 - The free and open work permit is currently not an option for CIC who wants to handle the cases of RP and do not multiply requests for temporary. The last BO can facilitate things for applicants who are not in Quebec, but on this side, not much to wait.
10 - For holders of a 2010 CSQ, please contact Nadine (nadine.coste @ hotmail.com), special support will be set up.
11. For families who are expecting a baby and are no longer temporary permit (therefore without health insurance), please also contact Nadine at the same address, special attention will be given to records. (Translated by Bing)

Points 10 and 11.. who is Nandini ? and how can she help 2010 CSQ holders..if that is true why a personal mail id? instead of official id ?

Weyburn

Mar 29, 2012
Hi Friends,

Effective January 29, 2013, the Visa and Immigration Sections the Canadian Consulates General in Detroit and Seattle are closed.

I have Question,
What happen to applicants who already submitted their passport for PR visa stamp and received at Seattle VO before January 29th?

Thanks for your reply.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
Weyburn said:
Hi Friends,

Effective January 29, 2013, the Visa and Immigration Sections the Canadian Consulates General in Detroit and Seattle are closed.

I have Question,
What happen to applicants who already submitted their passport for PR visa stamp and received at Seattle VO before January 29th?

Thanks for your reply.
What Seattle and Detroit closed now ?Where did u find this information? Can u please provide us with the link?

jenik

Sep 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
11-05-2013
newbie1982 said:
What Seattle and Detroit closed now ?Where did u find this information? Can u please provide us with the link?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-01-29.asp

Weyburn

Mar 29, 2012
newbie1982 said:
Here it is
www dot cic dot gc dot ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-01-29 dot asp

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
Weyburn said:
Hi Friends,

I have Question,

Thanks for your reply.
I expect those visa offices will process the PPRs that are in their possession but there will be no new PPRs directed to those offices. When they announced the Buffalo closure, the initial announcement came out May 29, 2012 but the office actually closed August 27, 2012.

Perhaps this has something to do with the dearth of PPRs the last few weeks...

Has anyone received a PPR yet that instructs them to send their passport to Ottawa?

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
Weyburn said:
Hi Friends,

I have Question,

Thanks for your reply.
I guess the good thing is, those applications will not be forwarded to Ottawa and i think now new PPR will be asked to submit the passport to Ottawa.

I believe passports will still be stamped at Seattle or Detroit, remember when buffalo was closed in May, it continued its operation until August, i think it will same for those affected consulates.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
Hmmm.........so my suspicions were correct. This is what CIC has been up to. I mentioned few days back in one of my posts that
probably the delays are being caused because CPP-O was preparing itself to issue COPRs to PR applicants. But I didn't know that
CIC was closing some VO like (Detroit & Seattle).

I just hope that we are not delayed any further . :( :( :(

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
Media coverage of the activity today in Ottawa:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gWxGbYxcCqytRvSERc4gL58EULpw?docId=CNG.712bac5a2e36c5ab3750c50d4058c01b.441

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
Although it doesn't impact our visa delays (these workers won't be issuing PPRs unfortunately), I thought the following article was still interesting to read.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130128/CITYANDREGION/130129143/1005

Tracy22k

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Hello all,

This whole process is now full of "dramas like a soap opera". Hopefully these timelines coupled, with recent interviews we have been seeing here from cic directors would yeild dividends.

I see some people had thier dependents living outside to re-do medicals.

Has there been anyone whose dependent family or spouse living outside who got PRR while their medicals were expired?

cheers

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
CTV NEWS est à la recherche RAPIDEMENT d'un oublié à Toronto. Contactez Michèle Dorion en privé. CTV NEWS is searching for an Oublié de Buffalo quickly in Toronto. Contact Michèle Dorion in private.

CTV NEWS is looking quickly for a forgotten in Toronto. Contact Michèle Dorion in private. CTV NEWS is searching for an Buffalo's forgotten quickly in Toronto. Contact Michele Dorion in private. (Translated by Bing)

https://www.facebook.com/LesOubliesDeBuffaloEnAction

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
I heard a person has received a PPR today and he is required to send his passport to OTTAWA. Let's see if Ottawa is indeed going to stamp our passports (if we need one) from now on.