+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

speednab

Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cr2008 said:
We received our passport request yesterday.
Application filed March 2011
In process May 2012
Transferred to Buffalo July 2012
Congrat! Are you PNP? When was your AOR/medical request?
Thank you

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Here You go..

My application was received on Jan 24th, 2012 at NS office. I am from Quebec skilled category.

Medicals were requested in the middle of March and in my AOR it was mentioned that my case was being sent to RPC Buffalo at that time (that's why I say that I am a transferred case).

I did my medicals on March 19th and sent them to Ottawa. Medicals were received on April 20th (as per e-CAS)

And!! my E-CAS states that they started to work on my case from September, 7th, 2012. PP was requested on December 18th, 2012.

csqmjj said:
salam

your time line plz

longest_wait

Oct 1, 2012
longest_wait said:
Thanks newbie1982 and Sharuu, I hope it gets here soon.

My timeline:

Applied to Federal: June 2011

Medical done: Sep 2011

Transferred: July 2012

In Process Dec 6th 2012

Is everyone here also aiming to get the Canadian Citizenship, I was wondering if us delayed applicants get some more leniency with the three/two year residency period before being able to apply.

Happy new year! PR 2013
Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question after receiving the latest GCMS notes yesterday.

So it states that my file was transferred to Detroit in Dec 5th and from file history it says that it's been "Given to Officer" on Dec 6th.

Does Ottawa always send files to other offices to complete the application?

A question regarding landing:

Does that mean that you just have to go to the closest border to process it? Does that mean that you have to enter the US and then enter Canada? Would I need to get a visa to enter the US to get that done?

Thank you for your help :)

na1234

Nov 28, 2012
longest_wait said:
Hi everyone,

So it states that my file was transferred to Detroit in Dec 5th and from file history it says that it's been "Given to Officer" on Dec 6th.

Does that mean that you just have to go to the closest border to process it? Does that mean that you have to enter the US and then enter Canada? Would I need to get a visa to enter the US to get that done?

I would assume transferring the file is a good sign, although I have no idea and it is just a guess.
Btw when did you apply for GCMS, i applied on Dec.18 by Email and I am still waiting for mine.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
longest_wait said:
Hi everyone,

Hi,

As of Nov 27,2012 the newer candidates would be issued Confirmation of Permanent Residence(COPR) from Ottawa. So my guess is from early 2013 CPP-O is going to issue COPRs as well. Future PR applicants will be instructed to send their PPs to CPP-O and not to other VOs in US to get COPR. Please read the bulletin.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob481.asp

Up till now we haven't seen anyone who have received PPR to send their documents to CPP-O for COPR.

If your file has been transferred to Detroit then CPP-O will instruct you to send your PP to Detroit in ur PPR.
There are 2 ways to get ur (COPR) from Detroit either mail them or go to Detroit personally if u have
US visit VISA. If you decide to go to Detroit make sure that you go on the right day because as far as
I know Detroit only work 2 days. This is a same day service so you would be issued COPR immediately from Detroit.
When you re-enter Canada you will show your COPR to the border services and you will land as a PR.
Check CIC for more information for timings of Detroit.

If you choose the mailing option. Then it will take anywhere between 3 - 8 weeks to receive your PP with COPR
stamped. Then you can go to the border and land as a PR.

I hope this information helps.

Ciao!!!

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
Forgot to mention that if you choose the second option then you dont need US visa to exiting/re-entering Canada.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
I just received my second GCMS notes which were printed on Dec. 2012. It took me a month to receive my notes.
No progress was observed in my application since July 7, 2012, except for the inquiry of the MP. The CIC officer
told my MP that I am waiting to be assigned to an officer in CPP-O.

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi Sharuu
Any progress on getting a landing appointment yet. I phoned the number on the COPR and they (the man on the other end of the phone) told me he would have to e-mail Saskatoon asking for an appointment, who would then get back to me in about a month with an appointment 3 weeks after that. I could cope with the 2 months wait - but not the uncertainty and checking of e-mails every day !. (been there, done that - haven't we all !)

So I am looking into other options. Since I am visa exempt I can fly to the states for a short holiday/break and return. Or a work trip in a few months. Phoned CBSA, they told me that Saskatoon airport is staffed and able to do landing immigration Mon-Fri 08:30-16:30. So If I go that route, I have to make sure flights match.

Good Luck

PS Good to see (on another thread) that Julie143 got her passport back after 1 month processing. Sounds like a great releif.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
MM_Sask said:
Hi Sharuu
Any progress on getting a landing appointment yet. I phoned the number on the COPR and they (the man on the other end of the phone) told me he would have to e-mail Saskatoon asking for an appointment, who would then get back to me in about a month with an appointment 3 weeks after that. I could cope with the 2 months wait - but not the uncertainty and checking of e-mails every day !. (been there, done that - haven't we all !)

So I am looking into other options. Since I am visa exempt I can fly to the states for a short holiday/break and return. Or a work trip in a few months. Phoned CBSA, they told me that Saskatoon airport is staffed and able to do landing immigration Mon-Fri 08:30-16:30. So If I go that route, I have to make sure flights match.

Good Luck

PS Good to see (on another thread) that Julie143 got her passport back after 1 month processing. Sounds like a great releif.
I was told the same, but I asked someone and he said 3 weeks is in total. Like from the time you applied to 3 weeks should be the meeting, you might get a letter 2 weeks from now saying in 1 week you will get the appointment. I havent gotten the letter also. You can always land at North Portal. I dont think email is the way you will receive this, it should come in the mail.

You can try flying out and landing that way if you would like to land earlier.

na1234

Nov 28, 2012
nima514 said:
I just received my second GCMS notes which were printed on Dec. 2012. It took me a month to receive my notes.
No progress was observed in my application since July 7, 2012, except for the inquiry of the MP. The CIC officer
told my MP that I am waiting to be assigned to an officer in CPP-O.
Hi Nima514

I applied for the GCMS by email(Filled the document then scanned and sent it by email) on Dec.18 and I checked that i want to receive them by email, how long do u think it will take?

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
na1234 said:
Hi Nima514

I applied for the GCMS by email(Filled the document then scanned and sent it by email) on Dec.18 and I checked that i want to receive them by email, how long do u think it will take?
You should receive it by email within a month from when you requested it

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
na1234 said:
Hi Nima514

It took me exactly a month. You should expect the same.

chatdips

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
nima514 said:
It took me exactly a month. You should expect the same.
What does your GCMS notes show? Is the Criminality and security done?