July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
clare2012 said:
I see. I have "in process" too, and my return envelope has not been activated yet. Not sure if they got my passport or not.
Whats the timeline for your passport and which VO did you send it to? 4 weeks it the norm actually

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
clare2012 said:
PP Sent - Dec 10
PP Rcvd (New York) - Dec 14
Its too early at this point to be concerned about it. I think you should get back around the 15th of January. Have you looked at the applicants who sent to NY, how long it is taking them to get their passports back? It should take 1 more week extra due to the holiday, I believe.

clare2012

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
sharuu said:
Its too early at this point to be concerned about it. I think you should get back around the 15th of January. Have you looked at the applicants who sent to NY, how long it is taking them to get their passports back? It should take 1 more week extra due to the holiday, I believe.
Yeah, I guess its too early :) But just a little bit worried about the documents (RPRF, photos) I sent to them. Hope they are all right.
Anyways, we should enjoy the holidays first! Have a good one Sharuu! ;)

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
clare2012 said:
Yeah, I guess its too early :) But just a little bit worried about the documents (RPRF, photos) I sent to them. Hope they are all right.
Anyways, we should enjoy the holidays first! Have a good one Sharuu! ;)
Thanks.. you can actually check with your bank later on if the draft has been cashed. Happy Holidays :)

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
Which postal service have you used?
Because I remember NY does not accept canada post return envelope. neither ups or FedEX.

Also with Canada post return envelope, i have had cases were my return envelope was never updated, but delivered!
so I think you don't have to be worried at this time. but you can ask them if they will do it before the end of the year.

VOs are much better than CICs

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
hmdlsd said:
Because I remember NY does not accept canada post return envelope. neither ups or FedEX.

Also with Canada post return envelope, i have had cases were my return envelope was never updated, but delivered!
so I think you don't have to be worried at this time. but you can ask them if they will do it before the end of the year.

For Detroit (my case) the situation is clearly explained in a link in the passport request e-mail

For residents of Canada

Standard procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail). No tracking system available. Provide a self-addressed envelope. Please note that regular mail to Western and Eastern Canada can take up to three weeks for delivery.

Canada Post Xpresspost: If you prefer Canada Post Xpresspost, please enclose with your application a PRE-PAID Xpresspost envelope. Complete the mailing label on the return envelope showing the Windsor Post Office Box address in the "FROM" section of the mailing label (Canadian Consulate General/IMM, **** address deleted **** CANADA). Make a note of the tracking number for each envelope. Please note: If you choose to select this service, your package will be sent from our P.O.Box in Windsor and will not originate in the USA.
Thus although Canada Xpresspost can only be used from within Canada the Detroit VO will take the return envelopes to Windsor and dispatch from there. I assume there are similar arrangements for other VO near the border - but they were not linked to in my PPR :)

MM_Sask

Probably too late to worry about anything now untill the new year (or longer 2012-12-21)

clare2012

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
hmdlsd said:

I used FedEx. In the PPR they mentioned "Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL)." So I registered a corporate account at FedEx and link my credit card info to that return envelope.

clare2012

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
MM_Sask said:
For Detroit (my case) the situation is clearly explained in a link in the passport request e-mail

Thus although Canada Xpresspost can only be used from within Canada the Detroit VO will take the return envelopes to Windsor and dispatch from there. I assume there are similar arrangements for other VO near the border - but they were not linked to in my PPR :)

MM_Sask

Probably too late to worry about anything now untill the new year (or longer 2012-12-21)
A friend of mine got PPR from Detroit, and that PPR is much clearer than mine which explained how the return envelope should be like... Yes for VO near the border you could use Canada Xpresspost but not for New York. NY is 6 hours away from the border!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
clare2012 said:
A friend of mine got PPR from Detroit, and that PPR is much clearer than mine which explained how the return envelope should be like... Yes for VO near the border you could use Canada Xpresspost but not for New York. NY is 6 hours away from the border!
When you get your passports back, are you planning to land in a local CIC office or at the border?

julie143

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
if the draft i sent with my passport has been cashed does that mean that they have sent my passport back to me? Also for landing we can go to a local cic office? do we have to make an appoitment?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
julie143 said:
if the draft i sent with my passport has been cashed does that mean that they have sent my passport back to me? Also for landing we can go to a local cic office? do we have to make an appoitment?
If the draft has been cashed it means your passport should be sent to you fairly soon. In total I think 5 weeks is what you should expect from the time they received your passport. You need to call CIC and setup an appointment.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
clare2012 said:
I'm just 2 hours away from the border so I will land at the border.
I see a lot of people who are awaiting the PPR email getting worried about their medicals being expired. I think most chances are they will be extended. I see most cases getting PPR by march and I think all buffalo transferred applicants cases completed max by july. This december they did send PPR in good numbers..