+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

clare2012

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
sharuu said:
Did you include a prepaid envelope? When did your passport reach detroit/windsor and has ecas changed to decision made?
Hi Sharuu,

When did Detroit receive your passport? Does you ecas change to DM?

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
EmVee1234 said:
Question to everyone....

When your medicals expire and cic informs you that they have ASKED for an extension, who have they ASKED? Is it the medical practitioner you went to get your medicals done in the first place, or is it someone else?
THEY ASK FOR extension from the ministry of health!

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
EmVee1234 said:
Question to everyone....

When your medicals expire and cic informs you that they have ASKED for an extension, who have they ASKED? Is it the medical practitioner you went to get your medicals done in the first place, or is it someone else?
Operational Bulletin 423 - May 24, 2012
Summary

Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant’s medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months.

So essentially their left hand applies to their right hand for an extension. Don't think it ever gets outside of the govnment offices.

MM_Sask

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
MM_Sask said:
Operational Bulletin 423 - May 24, 2012
Summary

Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant's medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months.

So essentially their left hand applies to their right hand for an extension. Don't think it ever gets outside of the govnment offices.

MM_Sask
"This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada."
The above means that a CIC officer can renew the medical exams only once. Therefore, I should land by May 2013 when my medical exams re-expire or I will have to redo the whole medical exam all over again unless CIC invents another operational Bulletin.

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
We are officially screwed man. But don't worry with meds.
I am not really worried with the medicals. the only concern is when?! so we can have a plan for our lives.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
nima514 said:
CIC is really treating us like crap because they know that even if we give up there are many more to replace us.
Hello
What is routine medical checks?...and is this also applicable to people outside Canada
who have applied?

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
xse2573 said:
Hello
What is routine medical checks?...and is this also applicable to people outside Canada
who have applied?
I guess routine medical exams mean that no complications were observed in your medical exam. It does not matter if you are inside or outside Canada.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Edmontonbound said:
Come on 2011 applicants. Give us some good news. We need you all to graduate in the thread ASAP. Because after you guys only we can dream of graduating!
2012 applicants are still getting PPR :) It shouldnt be long for you!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
clare2012 said:
Hi Sharuu,

When did Detroit receive your passport? Does you ecas change to DM?
Dec 12, ECAS the same. I hope i receive it this week else who know when I will get it due to the holidays!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
hmdlsd said:
We are officially screwed man. But don't worry with meds.
I am not really worried with the medicals. the only concern is when?! so we can have a plan for our lives.
Relax man.. Be positive :)

cr2008

Oct 9, 2012
Hi, Sharu!

In your ecas what is the date in the line "We started processing your application on ..." ?

Thank you!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
cr2008 said:
Hi, Sharu!

In your ecas what is the date in the line "We started processing your application on ..." ?

Thank you!
Mid may, they put me into process and transferred to Ottawa.

Oct 2, 2012
Hello people,

My details:
Category: QSW
My timeline- CSQ received: Jan 2011.
Federal App filed: May 2011.
Medicals done: October 2011.
Married: December 1st week 2012. Have informed CPP Ottawa about the status change.
PPR: :eek: Today :eek:

So, CPP Ottawa wouldn't have checked my status change email and proceeded with issuing PPR and has asked me to submit passport at Detroit. I have replied to the same email right away saying that there was a status change last week.
The CIC Call center agent has advised me to send passport to Detroit with a cover letter mentioning the same.

In the meanwhile, my wife's open work permit(spouse category) is under processing in my home country.
I was waiting for a long long while for this to happen. But it happened when it is no longer anticipated. Heck.

So, what do you guys think will happen here? Any advice will be appreciated.

Curious_city

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
10-09-2011
Med's Done....
13-10-2011(Spouse's Med=19-01-2012):2nd Med=04-03-2013
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013(Got it back on 25/07/2013)
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
perseverantguy said:
Hello people,

My details:
Category: QSW
My timeline- CSQ received: Jan 2011.
Federal App filed: May 2011.
Medicals done: October 2011.
Married: December 1st week 2012. Have informed CPP Ottawa about the status change.
PPR: :eek: Today :eek:

So, CPP Ottawa wouldn't have checked my status change email and proceeded with issuing PPR and has asked me to submit passport at Detroit. I have replied to the same email right away saying that there was a status change last week.
The CIC Call center agent has advised me to send passport to Detroit with a cover letter mentioning the same.

In the meanwhile, my wife's open work permit(spouse category) is under processing in my home country.
I was waiting for a long long while for this to happen. But it happened when it is no longer anticipated. Heck.

So, what do you guys think will happen here? Any advice will be appreciated.
Congrats buddy!!

I thought someone mentioned here that cic usually ask if you intent to change status soon. Good enough the email is already with them.
I think they will process her ASAP, but I don't know how it will affect yours.

Good luck

Oct 2, 2012
They did ask to inform about the status change in this current ppr email--which I already did-- May be they did not notice my last week's email yet.

If there are no status changes, you may proceed to submit passport to the VO was the message.