Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
shaikhaffi said:
No bud, there is no straightforward way through GCMS you can find out the BG checks because they are hidden however sometimes they leave marks on Modified Date or Due Date under security section of GCMS, may be you get some rought idea from it. Group Name in my GCMS is: PR Waiver, i don't know what does that mean. I have asked this question in different forums but no one know exactly. I am not from visa exempt country so i don't understand what does waiver means here. Whats the group name in your GCMS?
thanks Pal. In my GCMS notes group name=PR final review and security and criminality fields are "NOT STARTED"; Notes printed on Aug 16. 2012.
That is 20 months after submitting my application to Buffalo. CIC told the MP that my BG checks are not started yet. They would not lie to an MP but it does not make sense that they would not have run any security check on me for 20 months.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
nima514 said:
thanks Pal. In my GCMS notes group name=PR final review and security and criminality fields are "NOT STARTED"; Notes printed on Aug 16. 2012.
That is 20 months after submitting my application to Buffalo. CIC told the MP that my BG checks are not started yet. They would not lie to an MP but it does not make sense that they would not have run any security check on me for 20 months.
That's pretty weird, in my GCMS cirminality is PASSED, Security is In Process.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
shaikhaffi said:
That's pretty weird, in my GCMS cirminality is PASSED, Security is In Process.
Yes, I cannot make sense of it. I would really appreciate if people with Group name=PR-final review tell me what PR-Final review means.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
nima514 said:
Yes, I cannot make sense of it. I would really appreciate if people with Group name=PR-final review tell me what PR-Final review means.
No worries, Sharuu had the same status as yours. I guess it means all the checks are completed, waiting for final review now. Also its not necessary VO will conduct BG check on every application. Only thing I found unusual is Criminality = Not Started. VOs are very quick to ask for RCMP screening. For most of the Buffalo transfer cases, I think GCMS is not updated in regular basis. Applicants are getting PPR even though their GCMS status is showing in process. You can ask for another GCMS to get the latest updates on your case.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
curt_cobain said:
No worries, Sharuu had the same status as yours. I guess it means all the checks are completed, waiting for final review now. For most of the Buffalo transfer cases, I think GCMS is not updated in regular basis. Applicants are getting PPR even though their GCMS status is showing in process. You can ask for another GCMS to get the latest updates on your case.
thanks, I submitted a request for my GCMS notes 10 days ago.

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Replied to Buffalo re passport request today. Will reply when I get COPR so folks here can track how long it takes.

MM_Sask (DOB ****-**-**)
UCI: ******** Application: ***********
Height: *.**m Eye colour: *****

1. Did your family composition change since our last correspondence? No
2. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) Already Paid
3. Passport(s) Photocopy attached
4. Photographs In envelope attached
5. Height and eye colour On separate sheet
6. E-mail requesting passport Attached
7. Canada Post Xpresspost Pre-Paid Xpresspost Envelope Included

Next step is to arrange inteview for "INLAND landing". One guy in "Re: CPP-Ottawa ONLY - Post your timeline here! faster processing? Page 28" says cot an appointment within 1 week in Winnipeg. However a co-worker here took 4 weeks over the summer. One could try and book the appointment now with the date set for the expected return of COPR, but since it is not that urgent (medicals extended for a year, no passport expiry soon) I think I will wait till the COPR returns. Less room for confusion.

MM_Sask

tank-boy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013 (received 27-05-2013)
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
nima514 said:
Hi "tank-boy"
I have been waiting almost as much as you have been. Have you received your GCMS notes lately? what are the group name, eligibility, security and criminality keys? Has CIC told you why you are being delayed?
Hi Nima,
I received my last GCMS notes on 17th October.It stated group to be PR-Final review, my Eligibility passed, Security blank and Criminality in progress. The application was in BG checks back in October.Dont know where it stands currently. Im applying for new GCMS notes in a few days.I think the delay is also because my spouse was added at a time they couldnt assign her a client id right away to avoid duplicate id(as per GCMS notes).On top the closure of Buffalo office added to the overall time.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
tank-boy said:
Hi Nima,
I received my last GCMS notes on 17th October.It stated group to be PR-Final review, my Eligibility passed, Security blank and Criminality in progress. The application was in BG checks back in October.Dont know where it stands currently. Im applying for new GCMS notes in a few days.I think the delay is also because my spouse was added at a time they couldnt assign her a client id right away to avoid duplicate id(as per GCMS notes).On top the closure of Buffalo office added to the overall time.
thanks for the reply Man.

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Some Friday afternoon humour to relieve the stress.

Got photos taken for passport request yesterday. In order to match the passport photos decided to shave of the winter beard.

Did not beleive in windchill till then ! Now I know it is real. The things we do for CIC. :)

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
I didn't know beard would save you from windchill.

:)

MM_Sask

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
Nomination.....
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
hmdlsd said:
I didn't know beard would save you from windchill.

:)
Yes. The face feels about 5 degrees colder now.

MM_Sask

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
Hahaaaa....
Here it hasn't been a serious winter so far.
We were lucky. the worst thing is to wait for PR in -30.

Enjoy your weekend

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
Agreed. I never notice the warming effects as the beard grows, however shaving it off you really feel the cold!!

lonereed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
nima514 said:
On which page is the group name? Thanks.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
lonereed said:
On which page is the group name? Thanks.
I don't have my notes with me now but I think it was the first page.