+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

mast

Star Member
Oct 18, 2012
it is pyschological factor that we think that they will be more sucpicious abt our file?

curt_cobain said:
Okay I am really confuse here, why CIC will cancel our applications if we ask a valid question (not nagging). In all theses years I have been working and studying in Canada, I have only heard '"feel free to ask questions", "make yourself listen to everyone". I certainly don't think Canadians are judgmental that if you ask something they will take it personally.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
I respect others judgement, and I have found this forum very helpful to me. So I won't do anything that will give someone such impression that it will jeopardize our fates.

lonereed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
unaseem said:
Got email reply from OTTawa after 27 days.........I asked them status of my file

Here is thr reply :

Your application is still in process. We are currently awaiting your background clearances. These are expected to take a considerable time. You are assured that we will contact you as soon as this process is completed.
wow finally some meaningful response instead of a templated one from them

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
The "Problem" in hand is very clear: "Long wait as a matter of file transfers from Closed Buffalo to Pilot Ottawa"

The questions we have:

1- Where do we really stand at the moment?
2- Where are we heading from here?
3- How long would it take to go there?
4- How would you deal with certain issues like medicals and police certificate?

I agree to some extend to the fact that we should make ourselves heard.
I also agree this would require a more legal and systematic approach than just twitting for someone who doesn't even care about the supreme court rule.

I believe anyone can do anything in his power to go further. But just complaining wont take us to anywhere. its even worst than doing nothing.

If you know or by any chance have any lawyer around, you might discuss the case to see if anything can be done.

I think Ottawa is not yet in position to handle these cases. It was a pilot project, and suddenly, a work load of an embassy is on it.
Its is obvious it will fail.

Keep your energy. This is gonna be a serious and long way to go. we might even have to wait for another year.

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
Wow hmdlsd, this is very meticulous. I couldn't agree more.

I got a question though. If CPP-Ottawa is not able to process the work load of Buffalo, how come they are going to process the workload of 2013. Aren't all the inland 2013 PNP applications supposed to be processed there?

gowest

Sep 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curt_cobain said:
Hey Guys, I am thinking to reply the below on Jason Kenney's Tweet—

A significant number of PNP applicants (inside Canada) who applied before September, 2011 (first applied in Buffalo visa office, later transferred to CPP-Ottawa) are still waiting for their files to be processed. Are there any steps being taken to process those files fast?

Can any one pitch in and improvise to limit this in 127 characters (including spaces).
I like this idea, here is my suggestion:

"Thousands of transferred applications from Buffalo VO to CPP-O have not been processed yet. Any timeframe to finalize them?"

# of characters including spaces: 123

lonereed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
curt_cobain said:
Wow hmdlsd, this is very meticulous. I couldn't agree more.

I got a question though. If CPP-Ottawa is not able to process the work load of Buffalo, how come they are going to process the workload of 2013. Aren't all the inland 2013 PNP applications supposed to be processed there?
why the f did they come up the idea of transferring all inland applications to ottawa. most overseas vo is much much faster!!!

curt_cobain

Jan 31, 2012
gowest said:
I like this idea, here is my suggestion:

"Thousands of transferred applications from Buffalo VO to CPP-O have not been processed yet. Any timeframe to finalize them?"

# of characters including spaces: 123
Lets see how many of you support this. One or two tweets may not make any difference. Also the consequences need to be reviewed carefully. So far I know he likes the working class applicants and he needs them to support his agenda (to ensure a more positive economic outcome). So our cases are different than pre 2008 applicants. We are paying taxes and we have provincial certificates. I don't think he/MP's can ignore us if this arises as an united issue. My fear is CPP-Ottawa will make the blunder, they haven't opened the boxes yet. My hunch is they haven't come up with a strategy yet and need a push from Mr. Kenney.

mast

Star Member
Oct 18, 2012
hi

i agree to your view that we have right to ask them abt the status of untouched boxes of the transferred applicants from the chair?

curt_cobain said:
Lets see how many of you support this. One or two tweets may not make any difference. Also the consequences need to be reviewed carefully. So far I know he likes the working class applicants and he needs them to support his agenda (to ensure a more positive economic outcome). So our cases are different than pre 2008 applicants. We are paying taxes and we have provincial certificates. I don't think he/MP's can ignore us if this arises as an united issue. My fear is CPP-Ottawa will make the blunder, they haven't opened the boxes yet. My hunch is they haven't come up with a strategy yet and need a push from Mr. Kenney.

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
I completely support the cause. All 2011 applicants must do something with in the limit to present their case (as a matter of fact PLIGHT). I don't think asking a question or demanding service for which you guys have paid for is not at all unreasonable. Let's not forget that by giving PR we are not favored or shown sympathy. In fact, it's your skill that is needed and hence you are offered PR. While it appears to the applicants as a huge favor, in reality it's not. It's a win win situation for both the parties. "coz they are not going to favor a down trodden pauper by giving a PR!
'Waiting patiently' is too redundant a phrase in this forum. You have waited the said processing time. Now what? Wait again? If so, how long? Indefinitely? If that's the case, guys please say " wait patiently and indefinitely" - it would be more apposite!
Also, there are a few ways to process the files faster if it is overwhelming for CPP-O. One way would be to transfer the files to the respective home country embassies or any other embassy to distribute the load. I know New Delhi transferred quite a few cases to Singapore as it was taking a long 6 months to process the files!!!!!!
So, the lame excuse of file transfer doesn't hold any water. If one is serious about it, a thousand ways can be discovered or even made to handle the issue.

unaseem

Nov 26, 2008
Calgary,AB
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
11 April 2011
Doc's Request.
RPRF and updated history on FEb 20, 2013
Nomination.....
PNP -Alberta
AOR Received.
Sept 2,2011
File Transfer...
16 MAY 2012 to Ottawa and In process on 26 July 2012
Med's Request
Sept 29,2011
Med's Done....
OCT 06,2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 27, 2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 06, 2013
sharuu said:
In your notes, is there anything written like what is posted by rsysha on Page 30 of this thread? Just curious how come Ottawa said checks are pending when its passed for you.

I have very similar paragraph at end of notes ----in section of NOtes by VO......Its says summary of all activities but even thr it doesnt says anything about security--------its says PA criminality passed, medical passed--expired dated ;;;; eligibilty passed and then i added coment I will ask PA to send his Brother in law location,,,which he asked meobn 26 July and I sent them same day/. However they updated on 09 OCT 2012 in my file -----------

kallysteve

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
September 2011
AOR Received.
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
I want to request my first gcms. Do anybody have the link for the form and also advise on how to file the form.

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
Refer to page 16 of this thread

mino

Jun 20, 2012
I get my PPR!!! Ottowa emailed me this morning at 7am ask to mail passport!

My time line:

App Filed: April 2011
AOR: Aug 31 2011
Medical check: Oct 2011

After 18 months waiting, I finally get it! My ecas shows "in process". I'm sure everyone will get your PPR very soon!