AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Med's Request
07-09-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
unaseem said:
@ march11pr

In my GCMS notes, it shows same thing-----Assigned to : RC-9515 and no status (blank), no update date and no due date.....

By the way my file aslo transfered on 16 MAy and shows in process on 26 July
Hopefully we'll hear something around the same time. Just wondering if Security checks also constitute family checks. In GCMS, a note from visa officer states that a sibling of mine lives in Ontario.

@Unaseem, I remember CPP-Ottawa asked you for your brother's address or something like that. Correct?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
curt_cobain said:
Hi Sharuu, You are very experienced. So not questioning you, just curious how do you know the security check is done for him?
Security is clear in GCMS as its confidential. But, here he mentioned RCMP - NRT! The notes made by the Visa Officer tells that all his checks are complete and if that was pending his eligibility wouldnt have passed. I know eligibility to most people would be that well PNP has already checked that - NO! Eligibility that federal checks is Security and Crim + Meds. Meds were passed earlier and now these 2 have been passed also! Checks are started after AOR is issued and when they come back your file gets updated.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
march11pr said:
Hopefully we'll hear something around the same time. Just wondering if Security checks also constitute family checks. In GCMS, a note from visa officer states that a sibling of mine lives in Ontario.

@ Unaseem, I remember CPP-Ottawa asked you for your brother's address or something like that. Correct?
It should not as he is not your immediate family!

unaseem

Nov 26, 2008
Calgary,AB
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
11 April 2011
Doc's Request.
RPRF and updated history on FEb 20, 2013
Nomination.....
PNP -Alberta
AOR Received.
Sept 2,2011
File Transfer...
16 MAY 2012 to Ottawa and In process on 26 July 2012
Med's Request
Sept 29,2011
Med's Done....
OCT 06,2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
March 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 27, 2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 06, 2013
@ march11pr

very strange.....VO also wrote in my notes that "PA has sister living in Ontario". however, my brother is living in ontario only

then he wrote that "I have noticed PA's wife has brother and I couldn't locate PA's brother in law location,so I will ask PA about current location of his BRO in Law"....... I wrote exact his words

Yes then same day he emailed me asking my brother in laws current location and then he asked me 2 time later --however i sent them after very first request

march11pr

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Med's Request
07-09-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
unaseem said:
@ march11pr

very strange.....VO also wrote in my notes that "PA has sister living in Ontario". however, my brother is living in ontario only

then he wrote that "I have noticed PA's wife has brother and I couldn't locate PA's brother in law location,so I will ask PA about current location of his BRO in Law"....... I wrote exact his words

Yes then same day he emailed me asking my brother in laws current location and then he asked me 2 time later --however i sent them after very first request
That's weird. Any how I am sending my passport to Ottawa tomorrow for TRV renewal as I am traveling in December.

chimbombo

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
Nomination.....
02-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
15-09-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting
march11pr said:
That's weird. Any how I am sending my passport to Ottawa tomorrow for TRV renewal as I am traveling in December.
Sorry to bother you. I would like to know how long it takes to get TRV?.
Because, I would love to go home around xmas time. I haven't been there in 4 years.

evilpupil

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Nomination.....
10 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
14 Nov 2011
File Transfer...
07 July 2012
Med's Request
14 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waitng
LANDED..........
Waiting
sharuu said:
Security is clear in GCMS as its confidential. But, here he mentioned RCMP - NRT! The notes made by the Visa Officer tells that all his checks are complete and if that was pending his eligibility wouldnt have passed. I know eligibility to most people would be that well PNP has already checked that - NO! Eligibility that federal checks is Security and Crim + Meds. Meds were passed earlier and now these 2 have been passed also! Checks are started after AOR is issued and when they come back your file gets updated.
Hi Sharuu and everyone,

You all seem very knowledgeable on the immigration process, so I'm gonna bother you with a few questions.

1. My GCMS notes says: "Criminal check in progress, RCMP screening no reportable trace, assigned to RC-9515 due date 2012/01/09..." What does that mean, how far in am I in the criminality check?

2. If I go to the RCMP and get police certificate, will it help in my case?

3. I switched Job while waiting for my PR, is it necessary to update them with that information?

4. While I am waiting for my PR, I am actually separated with my wife, so I plan to wait for my PR in my home country despite that I submitted an inland application. How would that affect my application? Given that I will try to keep my work permit as long as I can.

5. My security check is not started yet, is there anything that I can provide them to speed up the process?

Current status:

Med passed
Criminality in process
Security not startd
Eligibility not started
App assigned to: (null).

Thanks a lot!

Ep

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
sharuu said:

Hi Sharuu....

couple of questions to you.

Case in review is a PNP

1) Do you agree that "In Process" means Eligibility Passed will be written in GCMS notes?

So far every GCMS notes I have seen on this forum showed that "In Process" only occurs when Eligibility passes

If you agree then my next question

2) According to your logic, Eligibility can never pass if all the checks including medicals are not completed. Agreed?

So then how do you explain one of my friends who got AOR in Feb, was "In Process" since 3 months today got email from CPP-Ottawa that they have not received her medicals yet. Her ECAS also never showed Medical Results Received. She is checking with DMP (thats another story)....

Also she was asked for PCC when she went to IN Process....Do you think Criminality passed without PCC?

my whole point is that ELIGIBILITY PASSED for a PNP does not mean ALL THE CHECKS ARE DONE.

again my friend I am not trying to prove you wrong :) just sharing my feeling with some evidence....

otherwise, this immigration process is extremely difficult to comprehend.

cheers mate!

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
suduko said:
Hi Sharuu....

couple of questions to you.

Case in review is a PNP

1) Do you agree that "In Process" means Eligibility Passed will be written in GCMS notes?

So far every GCMS notes I have seen on this forum showed that "In Process" only occurs when Eligibility passes

If you agree then my next question

2) According to your logic, Eligibility can never pass if all the checks including medicals are not completed. Agreed?

So then how do you explain one of my friends who got AOR in Feb, was "In Process" since 3 months today got email from CPP-Ottawa that they have not received her medicals yet. Her ECAS also never showed Medical Results Received. She is checking with DMP (thats another story)....

Also she was asked for PCC when she went to IN Process....Do you think Criminality passed without PCC?

my whole point is that ELIGIBILITY PASSED for a PNP does not mean ALL THE CHECKS ARE DONE.

again my friend I am not trying to prove you wrong :) just sharing my feeling with some evidence....

otherwise, this immigration process is extremely difficult to comprehend.

cheers mate!
1. It goes in Process - when eligiblity is passed - depends on the VO. The discussion we had before I already raised this point but let me clarify

Buffalo VO

If your case was with them, you remained App Received and the moment your file went in process, it meant all checks are done and PPR after 1-2 cases. A lot of applicants have got it like them. According to this scenario, checks + meds were completed and elig. was passed

Ottawa

They would mostly use the word in process when inquiring for a document. So, for instance they issue AOR they could put you in process but some might remain app received. If later VO saw a missing document, they would send you an email and then put you in process - in your friend's case medicals. It depends on the VO in the end!

I was talking about March11ppr the notes written by the VO. The notes clearly say all checks are done and its not his security that he is waiting for, which you mentioned earlier.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
evilpupil said:
Hi Sharuu and everyone,

You all seem very knowledgeable on the immigration process, so I'm gonna bother you with a few questions.

1. My GCMS notes says: "Criminal check in progress, RCMP screening no reportable trace, assigned to RC-9515 due date 2012/01/09..." What does that mean, how far in am I in the criminality check?

2. If I go to the RCMP and get police certificate, will it help in my case?

3. I switched Job while waiting for my PR, is it necessary to update them with that information?

4. While I am waiting for my PR, I am actually separated with my wife, so I plan to wait for my PR in my home country despite that I submitted an inland application. How would that affect my application? Given that I will try to keep my work permit as long as I can.

5. My security check is not started yet, is there anything that I can provide them to speed up the process?

Current status:

Med passed
Criminality in process
Security not startd
Eligibility not started
App assigned to: (null).

Thanks a lot!

Ep
1. Your file has been forwarded to another VO and once he reviews your file you will know about your criminality. There is no way to determine how far you are within your criminality. Either the checks haven't been completed or the file hasnt been updated yet.

2. RCMP check has already been done so it shouldnt help, I believe

3. I think you should update them with the new job, as your PR was file with your old job and certificate was based on that as well

4. Consult a lawyer in regard to your marital status and how to update CIC.

5. If they need anything they will ask you!

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sharuu said:
1. Your file has been forwarded to another VO and once he reviews your file you will know about your criminality. There is no way to determine how far you are within your criminality. Either the checks haven't been completed or the file hasnt been updated yet.

2. RCMP check has already been done so it shouldnt help, I believe

3. I think you should update them with the new job, as your PR was file with your old job and certificate was based on that as well

4. Consult a lawyer in regard to your marital status and how to update CIC.

5. If they need anything they will ask you!

agreed.

raulbriseno

Oct 11, 2012
my file was received in Buffalo july 15th 2011.
I was asked to do my medical examx in september 2011
I did my medical exams september 15th 2011
after that I have not heard anything
my prcess will turn 15 months on october 15th.

hoow can I ask about it?

Raul

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
raulbriseno said:
my file was received in Buffalo july 15th 2011.
I was asked to do my medical examx in september 2011
I did my medical exams september 15th 2011
after that I have not heard anything
my prcess will turn 15 months on october 15th.

hoow can I ask about it?

Raul
You can email Ottawa office and inquire about your case..

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
sharuu said:
Hello Sharuu,
I would appreciate if you or other readers could answer my questions. Although I did my medical exam in May 2011, I have not received the PPR yet. My GCMS notes (Sept. 2012) state the following
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed- Expired [my medical results are actually extended.]
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:
What can you figure out about my security and criminality checks? Does it mean I have to wait even more until security and criminality checks are complete? How many more months would it take, then? Why do you think I haven't received PPR yet?
thanks

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
nima514 said:
Hello Sharuu,
I would appreciate if you or other readers could answer my questions. Although I did my medical exam in May 2011, I have not received the PPR yet. My GCMS notes (Sept. 2012) state the following
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed- Expired [my medical results are extended.]
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:
What can you figure out about my security and criminality checks? Does it mean I have to wait even more until security and criminality checks are complete? How many more months would it take, then? Why do you think I haven't received PPR yet?
thanks
What are Notes made by the VO? Anything over there?

One thing to be noted is, usually criminality is IN PROGRESS but yours is not started. You are QSW so I am not sure if something else is verified before the checks are started? I cant predict much as it seems not much work has been done in your case..