+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

CIC Victim

Feb 23, 2013
joel0611 said:
Still waiting. CIC contacted me Feb. 12, 2013 for more docs, re-medical of my dependent & RPRF, completed what they asked sometime in March. Since then haven't receive anything from them, just the email acknowledging they received my email.
I'm a pre-Sept 2011 applicant too. Tried to contact the office and address the delay, but seemed nobody gave a sit, until I finally gave up waiting and filed CEC application, which was being said to be treated with much higher priority than PNP. So far did Police 4 times, Med 3 times (one for each stream plus re-med), paid RPRF 2 times (as required), renewed work permit 1 time. This has gone fantastic.
I would have appreciated if this Ministry had been honest and not tried to hide the problem but post the truthful processing time on the website earlier, in which case I could have known it instead of waiting like an idiot and would have filed CEC much earlier and avoided being one of the forgotten buffalos.

CIC Victim

Feb 23, 2013
In less than 2 months it will be Jack Layton's 63rd birthday.

People in this forum are mostly pre-immigrants, let alone citizens, hence have no right to vote and no influence to the Canadian society. Even like this, Layton and his Party stood up, spoke for us, defend our rights and to bring justice, as if we were Canadians.

Just want to show my honor and say: RIP Layton.

CIC Victim

Feb 23, 2013
nima514 said:
It is critically important that you stay in the province of Quebec because you have a CSQ. You should tell CIC that you are committed to stay in Quebec. Be informed that if you leave Quebec they may not renew your PR and don't give you Canadian citizenship. This is serious business.
Too bad you're a Quebec nominee otherwise by looking at how damn long you have waited I would recommend you give a shot to CEC. :(

CIC Victim

Feb 23, 2013
longest_wait said:
I really think we should do something, otherwise you just wait until you get it, give up and leave or get kicked out of the country because your permit expires.

Something needs to be done, silence on this is useless.
I'm just like you, endless and hopeless waiting, except that I want to thank this government for teaching me such an important lesson. For about a year followed I filed my PNP application to Buffalo I did have that proud of Canada as a country of democracy, transparency and freedom, until this Buffalo scandal came in and woke me up, redefined my expectation for Canada as a country of convenience, good for making money and pursuing comfort and pleasure. See how this government has successfully transformed my attitude towards a real Canadian value. Such a good lesson.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
I know a family that left Canada to live in their home country one month after they got their Canadian citizenship. Its bad luck that that we have to suffer for their actions.
CIC Victim said:
Looks like most of the people in this thread have received a big, warm welcome from Canada: A roughly two-year wait for a simple PPR issuance.
Well, have just found this, another big welcome for all of us later. A big thanks to the Canadian Immigration, makes me feel how welcoming and friendly this country is.

cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

a2work

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (old Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2011
Nomination.....
March-2011
File Transfer...
July-2012
Med's Done....
1st:Oct-2011 2nd: Mar-2013
nima514 said:
Are there any Pre-Sept. 2011 applicants left around here that have not received a PPR yet?
thanks,
Yes, I have been since may2011

del018

May 23, 2013
Alireza_Q said:
Could you please let me know how long after you sent the RPRF and personal history, they have asked for passport? or what did they say?
Hey,
i am 100% sure they did not ask for police clearance. it says with the exception of police clearance please submit the all documents. it means they donot need police clearance. i got the exactly same email bro. i talked to more than 10 ppl regarding this email.

Rony84

Jul 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
04-06-2013(pcc,med,personal history)
Nomination.....
28-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
04-06-2012
Med's Request
04-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-06-2012
Interview........
In process from 25th june,2013
Passport Req..
13-09-2013
del018 said:
Hey,
i am 100% sure they did not ask for police clearance. it says with the exception of police clearance please submit the all documents. it means they donot need police clearance. i got the exactly same email bro. i talked to more than 10 ppl regarding this email.
Hi,
Did they ask for ur dependents pcc then u have to send them by mail.cic write with the exception because u can send all other documents by e-mail.but in case of pcc cic dont except scan copy thts why they write like this..and in case of ur pcc if u r in canada and didnt stay outside of canada for less than 6 months then u need not to snd pcc frm home country...but u have to explain it to cic through email..

longest_wait

Oct 1, 2012
This thread isn't seeing that much activity anymore. Does this mean that the Pre-September 2011 applicants are all good except me, nima and a few others?

Do any of you have a lawyer that helped speed up the process?

I am seriously sick of the waiting, whoever said PNP is a fast track program made the lie of the century.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
I think it is because those who have not received a PPR by now are actually chosen for background checks. Me, I am going through Bg checks right now. Once, we get the clearance the PPR along with a request to redo the medical will arrive. By now, all people with a CSQ who applied b4 Sept. 2011 have received the PPR except those who are from "certain" countries. That is my understanding. I don't think a lawyer can help at this stage. We have to wait to get the security clearance that we need. We are suffering because Ottawa delayed initiating our BG checks. Why? I don't know.
I am being treated differently by CIC even compared to my fellow countrymen. I think CIC does this at random to individuals from certain countries.

longest_wait said:
This thread isn't seeing that much activity anymore. Does this mean that the Pre-September 2011 applicants are all good except me, nima and a few others?

Do any of you have a lawyer that helped speed up the process?

I am seriously sick of the waiting, whoever said PNP is a fast track program made the lie of the century.

a2work

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (old Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2011
Nomination.....
March-2011
File Transfer...
July-2012
Med's Done....
1st:Oct-2011 2nd: Mar-2013
nima514 said:
I think it is because those who have not received a PPR by now are actually chosen for background checks. Me, I am going through Bg checks right now. Once, we get the clearance the PPR along with a request to redo the medical will arrive. By now, all people with a CSQ who applied b4 Sept. 2011 have received the PPR except those who are from "certain" countries. That is my understanding. I don't think a lawyer can help at this stage. We have to wait to get the security clearance that we need. We are suffering because Ottawa delayed initiating our BG checks. Why? I don't know.
I am being treated differently by CIC even compared to my fellow countrymen. I think CIC does this at random to individuals from certain countries.
Hey nima514,
Were you specifically informed by CPP-O that your background checks and security are in progress or started late ?

You mentioned that once these checks are done redo medical will arrive. Does that mean that CPP-O is sending medical request to those who have their security and background checks done ?

QSW-111

Jan 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
The funny part is thatin my GCMS I saw that my security checks were initialized on February 22nd and cancelled on February 26th.

The current status for my security check is NOT STARTED

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
I think you should talk to your MP about this. You can also email Jason Kenney's office. If you do that be very very polite.
QSW-111 said:
The funny part is thatin my GCMS I saw that my security checks were initialized on February 22nd and cancelled on February 26th.

The current status for my security check is NOT STARTED

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
My MP told me that my BG checks are started.
I think only after BG checks are done they ask for redoing the medical exam.
I applied in Dec. 2010 with a CSQ. After 29 months there is no end in horizon to this long wait. Few people get treated like this by CIC. it sucks....

a2work said:
Hey nima514,
Were you specifically informed by CPP-O that your background checks and security are in progress or started late ?

You mentioned that once these checks are done redo medical will arrive. Does that mean that CPP-O is sending medical request to those who have their security and background checks done ?

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
nima514 said:
My MP told me that my BG checks are started.
I think only after BG checks are done they ask for redoing the medical exam.
I applied in Dec. 2010 with a CSQ. After 29 months there is no end in horizon to this long wait. Few people get treated like this by CIC. it sucks....
Does your ecas shows in process?