Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
Congratuations csqmjj! The wait is finally over! Have a drink on us!

Folks who are still waiting, like me, may find interesting stuff here:
http://www.cicnews.com/2013/01/review-immigration-2012-part-2-012217.html

cantest

May 13, 2012
Hi guys,

I just wonder if it would cause any trouble for landing if I go to a port of entry located NOT in the province I was nominated.
I think that the officers at the boarder might think it is weird if I do it.
I would have to land this way because I don't live in the province where I was nominated any more.
any advice?

Thank you for the input.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
cantest said:
Hi guys,

I just wonder if it would cause any trouble for landing if I go to a port of entry located NOT in the province I was nominated.
I think that the officers at the boarder might think it is weird if I do it.
I would have to land this way because I don't live in the province where I was nominated any more.
any advice?

Thank you for the input.
Kindly read the link mentioned below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

U can get in trouble.

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
andrew701 said:
Yep, my timeline is exactly the same as yours. Application received by Buffalo in April 2011. Medical done in September 2011, which has now expired. Transferred to Ottawa in July 2012. Hasn't been assigned to an officer yet.
My dates and situation match both of yours. The fact that we haven't even been assigned to an officer is particularly discouraging.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
RWilco said:
My dates and situation match both of yours. The fact that we haven't even been assigned to an officer is particularly discouraging.
The CPP-Ottawa is giving transferred files from Buffalo a low priority so that it can allude itself as being a fast visa office. I haven't been assigned an officer since my file was transferred to Ottawa. No officer is 6 months. I would have been better off if I had just withdrawn my application from Buffalo before its closure and applied again. I am a QSW so I could do that. The massive budget cuts in CIC and closure of the VO in Buffalo and neglecting our applications are really hurting a lot of people.

lonereed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
i don't agree with you.
i believe they are either working on transferred applications or not working at all. to the best of my knowledge, none or very few of those applications that went directly to ottawa have been processed or issued ppr yet.
just keep your hope up and you'll get there :)
nima514 said:
The CPP-Ottawa is giving transferred files from Buffalo a low priority so that it can allude itself as being a fast visa office. I haven't been assigned an officer since my file was transferred to Ottawa. No officer is 6 months. I would have been better off if I had just withdrawn my application from Buffalo before its closure and applied again. I am a QSW so I could do that. The massive budget cuts in CIC and closure of the VO in Buffalo and neglecting our applications are really hurting a lot of people.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
lonereed said:
i don't agree with you.
i believe they are either working on transferred applications or not working at all. to the best of my knowledge, none or very few of those applications that went directly to ottawa have been processed or issued ppr yet.
just keep your hope up and you'll get there :)
I still believe that CPP-Ottawa is giving a lower priority to the transferred applications and I have a reason for that. The timeline for QSW applications submitted to Ottawa is 9 months. It has been 6 months since transfer of my immigration file and no officer, not one, has worked on my file, ever since. There are many people with the same problem. I suspect Ottawa is giving a fraction of its capacity to deal with transferred applications which are as many as 10000. Ottawa claims that most transferred applications will be finalized by Sept. 2013. From July 2012 to Sept. 2013 is 14 months; We have to wait 5 months more than regular folks whose files were not transferred from Buffalo. Ottawa is just giving us a lower priority Pal!

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
nima514 said:
I still believe that CPP-Ottawa is giving a lower priority to the transferred applications and I have a reason for that. The timeline for QSW applications submitted to Ottawa is 9 months. It has been 6 months since transfer of my immigration file and no officer, not one, has worked on my file, ever since. There are many people with the same problem. I suspect Ottawa is giving a fraction of its capacity to deal with transferred applications which are as many as 10000. Ottawa claims that most transferred applications will be finalized by Sept. 2013. From July 2012 to Sept. 2013 is 14 months; We have to wait 5 months more than regular folks whose files were not transferred from Buffalo. Ottawa is just giving us a lower priority Pal!
Well, my file went directly to CPP Ottawa and its been 10.6 months - no nothing yet. It should only have taken 9 months for us QSW applicants.

buffalosucks

Dec 4, 2012
Has anyone contact MP for help last year and still waiting for ppr? I want to contact my MP but I wonder if they actually can do anything.

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
buffalosucks said:
Has anyone contact MP for help last year and still waiting for ppr? I want to contact my MP but I wonder if they actually can do anything.
Check older posts ppl have contacted their respective MP's.......

studentsinpsk

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
September 2011
Med's Done....
September 2011
How many days does it take usually to get the passport back from Detroit?

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
studentsinpsk said:
How many days does it take usually to get the passport back from Detroit?
2 weeks

na1234

Nov 28, 2012
Just got my first GCMS notes.
Criminality Passed
Eligibility Passed
Medical Passed and extended
all those updates were back in august 2011

Security check is blank although there is some updates entry on it on other pages.
The due date of my application was on November 30 2012
The application is currently assigned to no one (Left blank)
I don't know when my file got transferred to Ottawa although i think it is May 16 2012 but I am not sure

Any advise guys, or is there any field that I should check on the GCMS notes. and what about the due date being passed and no one is assigned to the file

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
na1234 said:
Just got my first GCMS notes.
Criminality Passed
Eligibility Passed
Medical Passed and extended
all those updates were back in august 2011

Security check is blank although there is some updates entry on it on other pages.
The due date of my application was on November 30 2012
The application is currently assigned to no one (Left blank)
I don't know when my file got transferred to Ottawa although i think it is May 16 2012 but I am not sure

Any advise guys, or is there any field that I should check on the GCMS notes. and what about the due date being passed and no one is assigned to the file
It is good that your applied for your notes. I think most of us share the same problem. There are just not enough officers in Ottawa to work on our files. I think at random an application is picked up from the pile of 10000 transferred application and eventually finalized. Even my MP cannot tell me when an officer is going to be assigned to me and I have been waiting for 25 months. I and somebody who has been waiting for almost 10 months should expect the same waiting period, I think.

I am afraid I have come to believe that we probably have to wait for many more months to come. CIC has laid off so many employees. I think we should go to plan B and start renewing work permits and visitor visas to stay legally in Canada until the PPR arrives. This is what CIC wants us to do too.