28-04-2010
Med's Done....
08-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
Hi Burcu, congratulations!
I am a FSW3 applicant and I received my 2nd AOR in Nov2010. I did my medical exam in advance in June. Yesterday I received a mail from buffalo. The letter has two pages.

1st page

Dear Sir/Madam:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
We have completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview is not necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview,should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.
This letter contains important information regarding the continued processing of your application.

Medical instructions
We have included immigration medical forms and instructions. Please proceed with your medical examinations within the next 60 days.

However no forms was included. Does that mean I do not have to do the ME again because I already did it in advance.

Additional information required
Three square boxes. None is checked.

Additional documents required
Three square boxes, 2nd one is checked。you must submit the documents indicated on the enclosed "documents list" within 90 days from the date of this letter.

Right of permanent residence fee
Every principal applicant and his/her spouse is required to pay a RPRF.
* if you have not already paid the RPRF, you should do so at this time.
* Payment must be made according to the instructions on our website:
www.##################
* The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada

Change of Address
It is imperative that you inform the Buffalo office of any change in your mailing address.

Change in family status
You must notify us of any birth,marriage,engagement,divorce,death, or any other significant change in your martial or family composition. You can do so by mail, fax or email.
Failure to advise us of these changes could result in delays in processing and possible refusal of your application.

The 2nd page Document List
Only 1 box has a check mark
Current statement of funds already in Canada or available to be transferred to Canada

The RPRF is not checked on the document list.
Should I pay it now?

iulia0109

Star Member
Jul 30, 2010
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Febr 2010
Doc's Request.
8 April 2010
AOR Received.
5 May 2010
File Transfer...
16 Nov 2011
Med's Request
23 Febr 2012
Med's Done....
5 Dec 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2012
LANDED..........
6 May 2012
My file was transfered to Detroit on 16 November and the status was changed: "In Process".

Good luck!!!

danhass

Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
NINI84 said:
Should I pay it now?
Yes you should if you haven't already ... The instructions are on the Buffalo VO website I guess

Kismat_Konnection

Oct 6, 2011
burcu said:
hello all,
today I finally received the Passport Request!!!!!!!
Thank you all for your support all this time!!
Good luck with everything, and I hope everyone will get good news very soon..
Take care
Congratulations burcu!! Was it by email or mail?

burcu

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
03-02-2010
AOR Received.
06-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-10-2011 transerred to Detroit
Med's Request
15-10-2011 (RPRF requested)
Med's Done....
July 2011 (done in advance)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
NINI84 said:
I am a FSW3 applicant and I received my 2nd AOR in Nov2010. I did my medical exam in advance in June. Yesterday I received a mail from buffalo. The letter has two pages.
This letter contains important information regarding the continued processing of your application.
Medical instructions
We have included immigration medical forms and instructions. Please proceed with your medical examinations within the next 60 days.
However no forms was included. Does that mean I do not have to do the ME again because I already did it in advance.
Should I pay it now?
hi there,
Thanks a lot!
I received the RPRF request and the passport request by email. The RPRF letter indicated they have the medicals already. I just paid the fee. You may want to check with the visa office and see if they have your medicals. I haven't received a medical request, therefore i am not sure if the medical forms are sent to you separately by mail or if it supposed to be attached to the letter you got, if that's the case maybe they forgot to remove the line that says you have 60 days to do the medical, it happens.. In either case you have to contact them to find out.
and yes you should pay RPRF at this stage.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Seniors please help

Hello

I am in need of desperate help...

I received a letter from Los Angeles (where my file was transferred from Buffalo), basically it is a rejection letter.

It says that since I have applied under Skilled worker I do not meet the requirements because one of my jobs did not list the full duties I carried out. HOWEVER I have applied under FSW3 in 2009 when the conditions clearly say must have studied or worked in Canada for a year or more and I have done both. The conditions do not say that the job had to be a skilled job. These conditions changed sometime this or last year AFTER I applied. So I dont understand why they have rejected my application based on a job I worked in, in another country and that doesnt have the full list of duties, is this their stupid excuse to cut people who have applied????

Then they mentioned some stupid subsection 11(1) of the ACT that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or fo any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) of the act specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the act to "this act" included regulations made under it.

WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS MEAN... am I here illegally? or did I come here illegally? I have proper visas and study permits indicating that I came here legally in 2003 so what are they trying to say.

I am so frustrated... I have been waiting 3 years for a reply... for 2 years my file sat in Buffalo and suddenly it is transfered to LA and they dont even have proper reason to refuse me...

Please help me I dont know what to do at this point... should I write to my MP?

Seniors please help...

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
Re: Seniors please help

Becksterd said:
Hello

I received a letter from Los Angeles (where my file was transferred from Buffalo), basically it is a rejection letter.

It says that since I have applied under Skilled worker I do not meet the requirements because one of my jobs did not list the full duties I carried out. HOWEVER I have applied under FSW3 in 2009 when the conditions clearly say must have studied or worked in Canada for a year or more and I have done both. The conditions do not say that the job had to be a skilled job. These conditions changed sometime this or last year AFTER I applied. So I dont understand why they have rejected my application based on a job I worked in, in another country and that doesnt have the full list of duties, is this their stupid excuse to cut people who have applied????

Then they mentioned some stupid subsection 11(1) of the ACT that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or fo any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) of the act specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the act to "this act" included regulations made under it.

WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS MEAN... am I here illegally? or did I come here illegally? I have proper visas and study permits indicating that I came here legally in 2003 so what are they trying to say.

I am so frustrated... I have been waiting 3 years for a reply... for 2 years my file sat in Buffalo and suddenly it is transfered to LA and they dont even have proper reason to refuse me...

Seniors please help...
If you can apply in cec then its good,Otherwise meet your MP

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Its weird I do not qualify under CEC... even though I am a graduate and have studied in Policing. its a catch 22 I cant work in my field of study because I am not an immigrant and I cannot become an immigrant because I am not a skilled worker in my field. :(

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
Becksterd said:
Its weird I do not qualify under CEC... even though I am a graduate and have studied in Policing. its a catch 22 I cant work in my field of study because I am not an immigrant and I cannot become an immigrant because I am not a skilled worker in my field. :(
feel very sorry for you,only option left to you is to meet MP

burcu

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
03-02-2010
AOR Received.
06-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-10-2011 transerred to Detroit
Med's Request
15-10-2011 (RPRF requested)
Med's Done....
July 2011 (done in advance)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
I haven't applied with a lawyer and I'm usually against it, but when things go wrong like it did in your case, it might be a good option, if you can afford it, or you can pay $100-$200 to get consulting, and if you do so, make sure it is a lawyer, not a consultant. They can apply for a review on your case.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Seniors please help

Becksterd said:
Hello

Seniors please help...
i would say talk to your MP, I do not know whether they can be of any help in this situation... but they definetly can talk to the VO directly. when i approaced MP for an update on my case a year ago, they called the Buffalo VO and talked to them, not sure who answered at the other end.

attorney is very expensive in Canada as you know... in the province where I live in, they charge $100 per hour which is minimum... and immigration lawyers are far more expensive.

SMUPK1

May 30, 2010
Hi,

I am also in the same boat like you, i also receive a same letter from buffalo and they requested a bank statement. My problem is that when i applied for PR then i was in canada and send bank statement from canadian bank and now a day i am in back home , and can i send bank staement of my home country bank because i ahve not enough funds in my canadian bank. Can i also change my mailing address right now. Because one of my friend send me letter which he recived from Buffalo. Your earlier response will be appreciated.

NINI84 said:

1st page

Dear Sir/Madam:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
We have completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview is not necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview,should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

Medical instructions

Additional information required
Three square boxes. None is checked.

Additional documents required
Three square boxes, 2nd one is checked。you must submit the documents indicated on the enclosed "documents list" within 90 days from the date of this letter.

Right of permanent residence fee
Every principal applicant and his/her spouse is required to pay a RPRF.
* if you have not already paid the RPRF, you should do so at this time.
* Payment must be made according to the instructions on our website:
www.##################
* The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada

Change of Address
It is imperative that you inform the Buffalo office of any change in your mailing address.

Change in family status
You must notify us of any birth,marriage,engagement,divorce,death, or any other significant change in your martial or family composition. You can do so by mail, fax or email.
Failure to advise us of these changes could result in delays in processing and possible refusal of your application.

The 2nd page Document List
Only 1 box has a check mark
Current statement of funds already in Canada or available to be transferred to Canada

Should I pay it now?

DestCan

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
IELTS Request
Provided. Band 8
File Transfer...
12-11-2011 to NY
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
SMUPK1 said:
Hi friends,

My E-Cas was updated last week with this:
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 3, 2011.
Does this mean that i got the 67 points and my file is eligible for processing.
I have already done mine and my spouse medicals
Quick reply will be appreciated, thanks
Yes, this means your file has been selected for processing.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Hi

I have sent a fax to LA regarding my papers and aahave asked them to recheck it. How will I know if they are going to look at it again?

Becksterd

NINI84

Jan 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-04-2010
Nomination.....
Full file subitted to Buffalo on July23/10
AOR Received.
27-11-2010
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
28-04-2010
Med's Done....
08-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
Hi there,

I think as long as you are the name on yhe bank account, it should be OK no matter which bank it is. Regarding on the mail address, yes I think you should email or fax them to update, with the information of your name and file number.

Hope that helps. Wish us good luck!

SMUPK1 said:
Hi,

I am also in the same boat like you, i also receive a same letter from buffalo and they requested a bank statement. My problem is that when i applied for PR then i was in canada and send bank statement from canadian bank and now a day i am in back home , and can i send bank staement of my home country bank because i ahve not enough funds in my canadian bank. Can i also change my mailing address right now. Because one of my friend send me letter which he recived from Buffalo. Your earlier response will be appreciated.