+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bucharest VO 2017

willfinty

Feb 20, 2018
I've got my PPR 2 months after I was transferred to Bucharest. They are not that slow..probably it depends froms case to case. Good luck!
Diana... Was your case simple? Can you explain it a little because i’m with Bucharest too, and everyone is complaining about how long they take... i hope i’m not stuck with the rest :(

IrinaS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Seems like its fast for Romanians and slow for middle eastern applications.
Not so fast for all Romanians, tho. I am also Romanian, I applied before Diana, application sent to Bucharest VO a week before hers, and I am still waiting. The file has been for 4 months at BVO, with no news about the application process.
So I guess it depends, maybe hers was a more straight forward case, I know she had visited Canada before. Who knows how they work..

Diana M

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Diana... Was your case simple? Can you explain it a little because i’m with Bucharest too, and everyone is complaining about how long they take... i hope i’m not stuck with the rest :(
Hi...I don't know what they'll consider a simple case but I can give you some details about mine. So ..both of us were previous married and divorce, we know each other for almost 4 years, got married after 3 years. We provided pictures with all the trips that we had together..US California (visiting his parents), Santorini Greece (honeymoon), Romania, Canada, a lot of ppl from the wedding that was in Romania, including friends&family from Mexico and US. I think that with all this we proved that our relationship was genunine. And yes, like Irina said, I visited Canada before, as visitor, where I lived with my husband a few months before returning to Romania.
Another thing that it might matter...I was eligible to emigrate to Express Entry, on my own...idk if this matters or not, but maybe they are thinking that if i'm going then i'll actually produce something for Canada's Economy. :)
Good luck to everyone and if you still have questions ...i'm around. :)

willfinty

Feb 20, 2018
Hi...I don't know what they'll consider a simple case but I can give you some details about mine. So ..both of us were previous married and divorce, we know each other for almost 4 years, got married after 3 years. We provided pictures with all the trips that we had together..US California (visiting his parents), Santorini Greece (honeymoon), Romania, Canada, a lot of ppl from the wedding that was in Romania, including friends&family from Mexico and US. I think that with all this we proved that our relationship was genunine. And yes, like Irina said, I visited Canada before, as visitor, where I lived with my husband a few months before returning to Romania.
Another thing that it might matter...I was eligible to emigrate to Express Entry, on my own...idk if this matters or not, but maybe they are thinking that if i'm going then i'll actually produce something for Canada's Economy. :)
Good luck to everyone and if you still have questions ...i'm around. :)

Okay wow that seems like a simple case i’m not sure how simple mine is.. but my case is that, i’ve been married for 2 years, been dating for another 2 years as well, we currently live together & have a child together... i have provided joint accounts and everything that is required, i didn’t include pictures because they didn’t ask for any ( because of my case) & my application has been recieved, for SA and file transferred to bucharest all within 2 months, so hopefully that is considered a fast case ! I just hope by the summer she will get her PPR so she can enjoy the summer before we get stuck in the snow lol

sofiaJor

Jan 17, 2018
Hi guys,

Today my BCG went in process, I recived DM and PPR. My journey ends here. Good luck to everyone!:)
Hi Diana, I was wondering what you mean BCG went into process after PPR? Our application was sent to BVO, Jan 18 2018, Jan 19 in process, and on GCkey it says Background Check in process, we will send you more info if needed.
Until then haven't heard anything from them.

Diana M

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Hi Diana, I was wondering what you mean BCG went into process after PPR? Our application was sent to BVO, Jan 18 2018, Jan 19 in process, and on GCkey it says Background Check in process, we will send you more info if needed.
Until then haven't heard anything from them.
Hi,

When my app was transferred I had this msg in Gckey: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
when BCG is starting, you'll have this msg: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information

In my case, I've got BCG in process and PPR in the same day at 2-3 hours difference.

sofiaJor

Jan 17, 2018
Hi,

When my app was transferred I had this msg in Gckey: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
when BCG is starting, you'll have this msg: We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information

In my case, I've got BCG in process and PPR in the same day at 2-3 hours difference.
Thank You, Hope i will hear something soon :)

aihamidris

Mar 31, 2018
Hello I Just received this massage through email :
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Bucharest for further processing
Please note that the CIC office conformed receiving the medical results.
Any one knows what is next and how much time it takes for finalizing the processes??
Also please note that I have applied family sponsorship outside Canada from Saudi Arabia and I was surprised why my file had been transferred to Bucharest.

sofiaJor

Jan 17, 2018
Hello I Just received this massage through email :
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office in Bucharest for further processing
Please note that the CIC office conformed receiving the medical results.
Any one knows what is next and how much time it takes for finalizing the processes??
Also please note that I have applied family sponsorship outside Canada from Saudi Arabia and I was surprised why my file had been transferred to Bucharest.
Hello,
this is an email we all got that the application was transferred to Bucharest. My Spouse is Jordanian and got sent to Bucharest. our application was sent to Bucharest Jan 19 and since then no reply from them, usually it takes 3-5 months at the VO (Visa Office) until you hear back, unless they want more documents. this time frame is when all the background checks are processed. Some people applications processed differently, some are very very fast and some are really slow depending on their situations.

Here is a WhatsApp link to a Bucharest group if you like to follow: chat.whatsapp.com/3rvQJTjKZvu8o8EHnvcsPy

All there is to do now is wait and good luck to all of us :) if you have more questions dont hesitate to ask as we all have different stories :)

Reactions: willfinty

logarius

Jan 30, 2018
Good news, got BGC, Pre-arrival letter, DM, and PPR, all on same day, May 17th. File was transferred to Bucharest last October. Good luck to everyone else.

Amused2death

May 23, 2018
Hello everyone,

I submitted an outland spousal sponsorship application end of Dec 2017. We received a request for Schedule A and police certificate in Jan and they were uploaded online in the same month. Medical report was also requested in Jan and done in Feb. The online account is linked and shows medical report was received and document uploaded.
Since then, it’s in process.
Now that I’m reading through some forums, I wonder if I should have mailed the police certificate rather than just uploading.
Any idea?
Thanks and good luck!