+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BTA requirements

SP333888

Dec 26, 2015
Hello. My gf is applying for a work visa from Nairobi visa office. She already has a job offer from a canadian bank to work in their audit dept, has plane ticket, health certificate, police check, etc. They asked her some amount for the BTA but Im not sure she is giving me the right amount. What she asks seem excessive to me coz I know men and women from african descent who have come on work visa to Canada not long ago and the amount she claims they asked her is superior by 1500 USD from the maximum figure those I enquired to told me. Where can I find the answer? I tried the visa office but cant get through to them. Or could the agent have mistakenly giving her the BTA in CAD figure rather than the normal USD rate? I know cases vary from one application to another but Id like to have a specific idea to know if she is trying to scam me(or rather her travel agent tries to scam me and her coz he is adamant about the BTA required and she trusts him despite he not wanting to show her or me the canadian visa office written bta requirement) coz I guess it comes in written form. Im a born canadian so Im not aware of all technicalities. Btw, we arent married and wont do so before she would get citizenship so sponsorship isnt an alternative unless it'd be considerably cheaper which I doubt it would. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sounds like a scam. Work permits cost $155 Canadian.

Does she have an approved LMIA? You can't get a work permit without an approved LMIA. Also, it's very rare that banks hire foreign workers. I would be extremely concerned this is a scam

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SP333888 said:
Hello. My gf is applying for a work visa from Nairobi visa office. She already has a job offer from a canadian bank to work in their audit dept, has plane ticket, health certificate, police check, etc. They asked her some amount for the BTA but Im not sure she is giving me the right amount. What she asks seem excessive to me coz I know men and women from african descent who have come on work visa to Canada not long ago and the amount she claims they asked her is superior by 1500 USD from the maximum figure those I enquired to told me. Where can I find the answer? I tried the visa office but cant get through to them. Or could the agent have mistakenly giving her the BTA in CAD figure rather than the normal USD rate? I know cases vary from one application to another but Id like to have a specific idea to know if she is trying to scam me(or rather her travel agent tries to scam me and her coz he is adamant about the BTA required and she trusts him despite he not wanting to show her or me the canadian visa office written bta requirement) coz I guess it comes in written form. Im a born canadian so Im not aware of all technicalities. Btw, we arent married and wont do so before she would get citizenship so sponsorship isnt an alternative unless it'd be considerably cheaper which I doubt it would. Thanks.
1. You might get an answer if you told us what at BTA is?
2. Does she have an approved LMIA to support the work permit?
3. It all sounds a little fishy to me.

SP333888

Dec 26, 2015
Yes, she has LMIA to go along with her work permit. The BTA is the minimum funds someone needs to have in his/her possession before being allowed to enter Canada.

Makan singh

Sep 16, 2019
Hello dear sir I get LMIA and work permit and visa also but why they are asking money for BTA is is Real or fake

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello dear sir I get LMIA and work permit and visa also but why they are asking money for BTA is is Real or fake
What is BTA? Definitely sounds like a scam.

Reactions: tolopes

tolopes

Oct 29, 2019
Is the money that will guarantee your travel to the place where you will work and you must investigate the source of said petition
because is fake in some cases.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is the money that will guarantee your travel to the place where you will work and you must investigate the source of said petition
because is fake in some cases.
Sorry - I don't understand what that means. No real employer would ask for money. Only scammers as for money.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
There is a minimum amount of funds required for some immigration pathways but those do not have a job offer.

In any event, the employer or agent should not be asking for it even if it was this pathway to immigration she was taking. The visa office would only ask for proof of funds not the funds themselves.

BTA is not used in immigration terms in Canada. And I agree with the above - banks don't hire auditors from overseas unless they are one of the two people in the world with specific skills. There are lots of auditors in Canada.

Who paid for the air tickets?

vishnu.kt07

Sep 29, 2020
Attention:Vishnu K.T,

Top of the day to you.

I have just checked with Consular General and wish to inform that your visa processing 90% completed for stamping on your passport.

I tried to secure your gate pass for Thursday 1st October, But your GATE PASS was not issued, by the Consular General officer, There is need that you secure a BASIC TRAVELERS ALLOWANCE cheque.

You are advice to secure BASIC TRAVELERS ALLOWANCE CHEQUE (BTA)from our office as per the news immigration laws to enter into Canada.it’s only a compliance demand for your personal security to enable you enter into CANADA on arrival at the airport,on presentation of your (BTA) travelers cheque at the point of entry.

This same amount you can cash from any bank in CANADA immediately you enter for your personal expenditure.

Note that the Airport immigration will not allow you to enter the city if you are not with Certified BTA obtained from the CANADA Embassy treasury department.

The required amount for this BTA is $2,500 CAD = Rs. 1,37,900 INR (Refundable in Travelers cheque at the Embassy)

This traveler’s cheque will be issued to you as a travelers security money after the Payment , Then you can be allowed into the embassy gate on presenting your travelers check, so your visa will be stamped and you can travel any moment thereafter.

Clarification:

a) The BTA a cheque is mainly needed to show that you can take care of your personal expenses while in CANADA and no totally depending on your company before your first salary.

b) The BTA is your personal self security to enable you enter into CANADA to prevent deportation back to India if you are not with the Basic Traveling Allowance as required by the CANADA Immigration law.

c) The BTA is the money which nobody spends on your behalf, except you and yourself.

d) The Payment of this BTA Money will make the Embassy issue insurance protection for your Visa Guarantee.

e) The BTA payment is your money and not a payment to the Embassy.

Immediately after securing your BTA, Your GATE Pass will be issued and mailed to your address, thereafter you can come down to the Embassy in DELHI for your BIO-METRIC and visa stamping.

Importance Note: Be informed that the BTA is would be given to you in form of a travelers cheque 24 hours after payment, and it can be cashed in any bank in CANADA immediately upon your arrival, So it should not being seen as any fee.

So kindly get back to me when you have arranged the amount.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Anderson Michael
Consular / Immigration Service Director

PLEASE COMMENT ANYONE, THIS BTA PROCESS IS ORIGINAL OR FAKE..
My mail id is "vishnu.kt07@gmail.com"