+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bryanna please have a look

Jkalan

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
My husband and I applied for my brother's TRV on birth of my daughter. He is student in India Nd helping my dad as well. We showed my dad's land papers account and my brother's accounts , his school vacation approval , bank statements . Since i am on mat leave my husband's job letter , bank statements , tax papers , relationproof.

They refused his visa saying economic condition , travel history , family ties .

Should we apply again ? What should we do ?

Pawanjeet

Apr 26, 2013
H
My husband and I applied for my brother's TRV on birth of my daughter. He is student in India Nd helping my dad as well. We showed my dad's land papers account and my brother's accounts , his school vacation approval , bank statements . Since i am on mat leave my husband's job letter , bank statements , tax papers , relationproof.

They refused his visa saying economic condition , travel history , family ties .

HI there ! may i know which date and visa office did you apply ? When you got result! Thanks in advance !

Jkalan

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
H

HI there ! may i know which date and visa office did you apply ? When you got result! Thanks in advance !
He applied vfs jalandhar , his application was in process new delhi . Applied june 29 and got email today .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Hi,

You'll need to post more details.

1. How long did he intend to visit and when (the academic year has recently started in India)?

2. What study program is your brother enrolled for? Which year of the program?

3. How does he help your dad? Is he paid a salary (official remuneration)?

4. Is your dad paying for your brother's visit?

5. Do you have other siblings who live with your brother and parents?

6. Is your brother a member of a social/charity/volunteer group/sports club?

Cheers

Jkalan

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

You'll need to post more details.

1. How long did he intend to visit and when (the academic year has recently started in India)?

2. What study program is your brother enrolled for? Which year of the program?

3. How does he help your dad? Is he paid a salary (official remuneration)?

4. Is your dad paying for your brother's visit?

5. Do you have other siblings who live with your brother and parents?

6. Is your brother a member of a social/charity/volunteer group/sports club?

Cheers
Hey ,

He asked for 15 days . He got 15 days off from school .

He is in first year of his bachelor's degree . Semester started April.

He help my dad with his agriculture work . They both have bought joint and under his name equipments .

No i don't . Its just him and myself .

He is president of sports group ( we didn't show that )

Also he works as Assistant director with music company as part time .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Quite honestly, your brother has a 50-50 chance of getting a TRV approval if he reapplies. I would recommend he reapplies next summer.

What may work against his TRV approval:
1. He's young + no previous travel + no income/finances + no immovable assets

2. He's just started his first year of college. It would have been different if he was in the final year of a degree program.

3. The equipment purchased in both your brother and dad's names won't help as financial liabilities and/or tax implications would be to your dad (and not to your brother) because your dad is the tax payee (not your brother). In fact, this would be considered as only a tax-saving strategy.

My suggestions:
1. Don't state he is visiting to see your baby. That's not a strong purpose of visit. And more than your brother, it would seem apt that your parents want to visit to see your baby.

Instead prepare a day-by-day itinerary like a regular tourist + to meet you and your family with expense estimates. Your brother must prove he can afford the visit. If his personal finances are low then he must include a 'Letter of Financial Support' from your dad + your dad's 6 months bank statement + your dad's ITR.

2. Schedule the visit around the time your brother's college has vacations. Not mid-semester. Include an explanation.

3. Study proofs: Letter from the college stating he has enrolled there + tuition fee receipts + mark sheets/transcripts + student ID + prints of the college website homepage and contact pages

4. Sports club: Evidence he is the President + evidence of any major event that's scheduled after his intended visit with proofs that he is organizing it + any press reports (if possible)

5. Assistant Director with the music company: Similar evidence as that for the sports club

6. Agriculture work: Evidence of this + if he is paid (not cash) + a small explanation about how he manages both college and the agriculture work

Jkalan

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Quite honestly, your brother has a 50-50 chance of getting a TRV approval if he reapplies. I would recommend he reapplies next summer.

What may work against his TRV approval:
1. He's young + no previous travel + no income/finances + no immovable assets

2. He's just started his first year of college. It would have been different if he was in the final year of a degree program.

3. The equipment purchased in both your brother and dad's names won't help as financial liabilities and/or tax implications would be to your dad (and not to your brother) because your dad is the tax payee (not your brother). In fact, this would be considered as only a tax-saving strategy.

My suggestions:
1. Don't state he is visiting to see your baby. That's not a strong purpose of visit. And more than your brother, it would seem apt that your parents want to visit to see your baby.

Instead prepare a day-by-day itinerary like a regular tourist + to meet you and your family with expense estimates. Your brother must prove he can afford the visit. If his personal finances are low then he must include a 'Letter of Financial Support' from your dad + your dad's 6 months bank statement + your dad's ITR.

2. Schedule the visit around the time your brother's college has vacations. Not mid-semester. Include an explanation.

3. Study proofs: Letter from the college stating he has enrolled there + tuition fee receipts + mark sheets/transcripts + student ID + prints of the college website homepage and contact pages

4. Sports club: Evidence he is the President + evidence of any major event that's scheduled after his intended visit with proofs that he is organizing it + any press reports (if possible)

5. Assistant Director with the music company: Similar evidence as that for the sports club

6. Agriculture work: Evidence of this + if he is paid (not cash) + a small explanation about how he manages both college and the agriculture work
Thanks for such useful information.

He has travel history of England and Dubai .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
He has travel history of England and Dubai .
That's good. Do include a 'Travel History' page i.e. in a tabular format.... visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + colour scan the UK visa and include it in this explanation