+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BRYANNA kindly help me!

gss1984

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
hello bryanna,
I saw you helped so many people.I am very old user of this forum.I got immigration in 2014 with the help of this site.
No i have applied for the visitor visa of my parents.i have some query it is appreciable if you please answer it.

1.We have applied online visa for my parents, I have uploaded all doccuments of my parents from canada.Is their Visa Office will be Toronto or NDVO?
2. DO CIC send mail about the visa office when file is transfered?
3. Is online is good or paper application is better?
4. Applied on Sept 2, 2016.When should we expect answer from them?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@gss1984
1. It could be any visa office across the globe.

3. It all depends on the documents/evidence submitted.... and not online/paper submission

4. No idea because the times posted on the IRCC website are only indicative

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
@Bryanna

Help me make a stronger application.

Ties of the family.

Father - Runs a successful business here in india for over 20 yrs. Is leaving youngest son who's studying back in india who's not working and directly dependent on my parents. Has an annual business turnover of around 600K CAD. He owns Property estimated around 4 million Canadian. (Has travelled to USA in july 2003 Canada in June 2003 UK in July 2003 Germany in August 2003 and September 2014 France in August 2003 and October 2014 Italy in August 2003 and October 2014 France in August 2003 and October 2014 Austria in August 2003 and October 2014 Spain in October 2014 Amsterdam in August 2003 Dubai in August 2013 Thailand in Jan 2016 plus yearly trips to Mecca) Has recent Valid 10yr US Visa

Mother - Is a housewife but has saved around 40000 CAD in Cash. Is leaving his younger son in india as he's studying. (Has travelled to USA in july 2003 Canada in June 2003 UK in July 2003 Germany in August 2003 and September 2014 France in August 2003 and October 2014 Italy in August 2003 and October 2014 France in August 2003 and October 2014 Austria in August 2003 and October 2014 Spain in October 2014 Amsterdam in August 2003 Dubai in August 2013 Thailand in Jan 2016 two Canadian visas 2003 and 2008.plus yearly trips to Mecca) has recent 10yr Valid US Visa

Wife - Runs our business and draws salary from it. She has filed last three income tax returns and has fixed deposits maturing next year around 5000 Canadian she also has around 10000 Canadian in bank. Wife has extensively travelled to USA (has valid 10yr us visa) - July 2013 U.K. - July 2013 Germany twice - June 2013 and September 2014 Italy twice - June 2013 and October 2014 Switzerland twice - June 2013 and September 2014 France twice - June 2013 and October 2014 Austria Twice - June 2013 and October 2014 Spain - October 2014 Thailand - Jan 2016 Singapore - April 2014 Malaysia - April 2014 Dubai - August 2013

Daughter - One year old has Fixed Deposits maturing next year. has bank balance of 2000 CAD. Has Travelled to thailand and has Valid 5yr US Visa.

My Brother works with my dad and managing the business as well. (Has travelled to South Africa in Germany in September 2014 Italy in October 2014 France in October 2014 Austria in October 2014 Spain in October 2014 Dubai in August 2013 Thailand in Jan 2016)

Every year for last three years my whole family has been taking a holiday. This year I asked them to come to Canada.

After so much business property and travel history where my family has not stayed out for more than 45 days in last 15yrs in any country, We have two cars worth around 500k out of the two cars 1 car worth 200000 CAD was bought couple of months not a purchase one would make if he did not want to return from a trip.

Visa officer still denied visa but did not give us a any specific reason how he came to conclusion as he's suppose to click a subsection. Its obvious that I have been in Canada since 2000 and a PR since 2005. My family is not interested to move here or else I would have tried to sponsor them or applied for spousal sponsorship for my wife n daughter but they don't want to move here. Just want to come visit that's all

My youngest brother Amir Karim Wani will not be joining this travel as he's studying.

I think since we were filtered for Can+ Visa officer did not see any supporting documents as its not even required for a Can+ Application. its necessary that atleast immediate family is allowed to visit. life in india is very comfortable for my family and they would not move anywhere else even if i had to force them.

Meanwhile have approached local MP office too regarding the refusal letter which tells us nothing and leaves us clueless... letter should mention how visa officer came to the conclusion family won't leave Canada when they have done so in the past. Also for us to reply again when circumstances change we need to know what went wrong.....

Please guide Bryanna. Need help how to put my file forward again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@sayadil

I will surely help you.

A few points:
1. Does your mom or your wife own any property/land either residential or commercial.... either sole ownership or jointly with your dad?

2. Your mom had Canada TRVs earlier but did she visit Canada?

3. Can your dad provide audit statements + other evidence to prove his business is actively trading?

4. Will you be providing the Invitation letter?

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
@ sayadil

I will surely help you.

A few points:
1. Does your mom or your wife own any property/land either residential or commercial.... either sole ownership or jointly with your dad?

Mom Owns two properties in her name. Valued at around 150000 CAD

2. Your mom had Canada TRVs earlier but did she visit Canada?

Yes Mom visited in 2003. 2008 visa time she did not travel as i ended up traveling to india.

3. Can your dad provide audit statements + other evidence to prove his business is actively trading?

Yes all his income tax returns are audited as anything higher than 80000 CAD turnover has to be audited. Bank statements too support the transactions.

4. Will you be providing the Invitation letter?

yes i did provide the invitation letter along with my DL proving residence and my PR Card copy. but since I'm in india since 2014 july. my last NOA is of 2014 and i don't have statements from my TD Canada trust account. They would be blank post July 2014.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@sayadil

I will post my suggestions for each person later.

IMO, your parents have excellent cases for TRVs.

1. Does your wife own any property/land?

2. What strong ties can your brother show? Property? Also does he earn a salary from your dad's business?

3. How long do they plan to visit?

gss1984

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
hello dear.. i have aplied for my parent.. got mail from my parents that your file has been updated but nothing is updated in account,,,

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
@ sayadil

I will post my suggestions for each person later.

IMO, your parents have excellent cases for TRVs.

1. Does your wife own any property/land?

wife has fixed deposits in banks maturing next year. no property in her name. we just got married in 2013 and she's started working with us end of 2013. it will take time for her to own a property. she has lot of gold in bank safe deposit. Has around 9000CAD in bank account.

2. What strong ties can your brother show? Property? Also does he earn a salary from your dad's business?
Father is 62 now. Brother is the person who's there at the business everyday. he draws salary from the account and has been a tax payer since last last two years. has around 10000 CAD in bank account.

3. How long do they plan to visit?

They won't stay more than 3 weeks now. earlier they were planing on spending 4 weeks. they have valid us visas so they might head to states as well.

Bryanna waiting for your suggestions. need help with cover letter so all makes sense.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@sayadil
IMO, and like I had mentioned earlier, please do NOT apply for all your family members together as the chances of refusal are high. They can apply when you have re-established yourself in Canada. Or apply first for your parents separately.... and then later for your wife, daughter and brother. It's your choice though.

I suggest you apply as paper applications. Request the VFS staff to keep all applications together so that it goes to the same visa officer for assessment.

For each applicant, you can include individual 'Net Worth Certificate' from a CA.... But you must also include actual evidence such as ownership documents + proofs of the financial investments, etc.... and NOT just the certificate from the CA.

IMO, your wife's chances of getting a TRV are not strong because;
1. You are a PR.... and you are moving back
2. She has not applied for PR
3. She is employed in your dad's business = Weak tie (compared to if she was employed by another employer)
4. She has only financial assets, no property

The chances of your daughter getting a TRV, of course, depend on your wife/your situations.

For your dad:
Strong ties: Business + Property (??) + Travel History + Family ties (your younger brother) + Financial investments + Foreign currencies (if any)

Business: Business registration documents + Audit statement + Partnership agreement (if any) + Purchase Orders/Works Contracts (a few recent ones + a few with dates after his return to India) + 6 months company bank statement + 2 years ITRs + Office lease agreement + Professional Tax certificate + recent Professional Tax payment receipt (showing how many employees work)

For your mom:
Strong ties: Property + Travel History + Family ties (your younger brother) + Financial investments + Foreign currencies (if any)

For your wife:
Strong ties: Employment + Travel History + Financial investments + Gold as investments (assessment by a certified jeweler + any purchase receipts) + Foreign currencies (if any)

For your brother:
Strong ties: Employment + Travel History + Financial investments + Foreign currencies (if any)

For each applicant:
For each applicant's Property ties:
Property ownership documents + latest property tax receipts + self valuation of the property/valuation by a CA for the current indicative market value + supporting evidence like realty reports from Times of India/Citibank/Cushman and Wakefield/Knight Frank (include the relevant pages.... and not the entire realty report)

For each applicant's Financial Investments:
Copies of FDs + RDs +Mutual Funds + shares including any dividend stubs + LIC + PPF statement + EPF, etc + FD interest certificate + letter from the bank(s) stating the FDs are not mortgaged/can be liquidated any time, if required

2 years ITRs + 6 months bank statements (if any large amounts have been transferred recently then include an explanation with proofs)

Also Credit cards + latest 2-3 months statements showing low dues.

Foreign currencies: Include purchase receipt stating the passport number..... from a RBI licensed Forex dealer (not the regular Forex guys)

For your wife and brother's employment ties:
Employment letter + Leave approval letter + 6 months salary slips + an explanation who will handle their work/responsibilities when they are away + 2 years ITRs

For each applicant's Travel History:
An Explanation XX: My Travel History.... in a tabular format, list the visa details of each country + entry/exit dates + purpose of the visit + duration of visit + which family member traveled on that trip + scan the US and Canada visas

Other documents:
1. Vehicle ownership documents + loan if any + loan repayment history statement

2. Overseas travel medical insurance policies for each applicant.... to match the visit dates (although this is not mandatory)

3. Provisional flight bookings (do NOT book confirmed tickets)

4. Individual cover letters for each applicant with separate sections for:
a) Host (Name, Date of Birth, Address, Passport, Nationality, Canada PR Card, Employment, Title, Relationship)
b) Applicant 1/ Applicant 2/ Applicant 3/ Applicant 4/ Applicant 5 (similar points to Host)
c) Previous Canada TRV refusal details + how I have addressed the refusal reasons
d) My strong ties to India (Net Worth + Employment or Business ties + Value of Properties + Financial investments + Family, etc etc)
e) My previous travel history (scan the US and Canada visas + entry/exit stamps + mention there is a separate Travel History explanation)
f) My Purpose of Visit (Day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates which is a separate Explanation XX included), My Overall Finances (liquid and locked-in), Funds available for my visit
g) Why I must return to India by XX date

All the above details in the cover letter must be listed point-wise so that it's easy to read

Cheers

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
@ sayadil
IMO, and like I had mentioned earlier, please do NOT apply for all your family members together as the chances of refusal are high. They can apply when you have re-established yourself in Canada. Or apply first for your parents separately.... and then later for your wife, daughter and brother. It's your choice though.

I suggest you apply as paper applications. Request the VFS staff to keep all applications together so that it goes to the same visa officer for assessment.

For each applicant, you can include individual 'Net Worth Certificate' from a CA.... But you must also include actual evidence such as ownership documents + proofs of the financial investments, etc.... and NOT just the certificate from the CA.

IMO, your wife's chances of getting a TRV are not strong because;
1. You are a PR.... and you are moving back
2. She has not applied for PR
3. She is employed in your dad's business = Weak tie (compared to if she was employed by another employer)
4. She has only financial assets, no property

The chances of your daughter getting a TRV, of course, depend on your wife/your situations.

For your dad:
Strong ties: Business + Property (??) + Travel History + Family ties (your younger brother) + Financial investments + Foreign currencies (if any)

Business: Business registration documents + Audit statement + Partnership agreement (if any) + Purchase Orders/Works Contracts (a few recent ones + a few with dates after his return to India) + 6 months company bank statement + 2 years ITRs + Office lease agreement + Professional Tax certificate + recent Professional Tax payment receipt (showing how many employees work)

For your mom:
Strong ties: Property + Travel History + Family ties (your younger brother) + Financial investments + Foreign currencies (if any)

For your wife:
Strong ties: Employment + Travel History + Financial investments + Gold as investments (assessment by a certified jeweler + any purchase receipts) + Foreign currencies (if any)

For your brother:
Strong ties: Employment + Travel History + Financial investments + Foreign currencies (if any)

For each applicant:
For each applicant's Property ties:
Property ownership documents + latest property tax receipts + self valuation of the property/valuation by a CA for the current indicative market value + supporting evidence like realty reports from Times of India/Citibank/Cushman and Wakefield/Knight Frank (include the relevant pages.... and not the entire realty report)

For each applicant's Financial Investments:
Copies of FDs + RDs +Mutual Funds + shares including any dividend stubs + LIC + PPF statement + EPF, etc + FD interest certificate + letter from the bank(s) stating the FDs are not mortgaged/can be liquidated any time, if required

2 years ITRs + 6 months bank statements (if any large amounts have been transferred recently then include an explanation with proofs)

Also Credit cards + latest 2-3 months statements showing low dues.

Foreign currencies: Include purchase receipt stating the passport number..... from a RBI licensed Forex dealer (not the regular Forex guys)

For your wife and brother's employment ties:
Employment letter + Leave approval letter + 6 months salary slips + an explanation who will handle their work/responsibilities when they are away + 2 years ITRs

For each applicant's Travel History:
An Explanation XX: My Travel History.... in a tabular format, list the visa details of each country + entry/exit dates + purpose of the visit + duration of visit + which family member traveled on that trip + scan the US and Canada visas

Other documents:
1. Vehicle ownership documents + loan if any + loan repayment history statement

2. Overseas travel medical insurance policies for each applicant.... to match the visit dates (although this is not mandatory)

3. Provisional flight bookings (do NOT book confirmed tickets)

4. Individual cover letters for each applicant with separate sections for:
a) Host (Name, Date of Birth, Address, Passport, Nationality, Canada PR Card, Employment, Title, Relationship)
b) Applicant 1/ Applicant 2/ Applicant 3/ Applicant 4/ Applicant 5 (similar points to Host)
c) Previous Canada TRV refusal details + how I have addressed the refusal reasons
d) My strong ties to India (Net Worth + Employment or Business ties + Value of Properties + Financial investments + Family, etc etc)
e) My previous travel history (scan the US and Canada visas + entry/exit stamps + mention there is a separate Travel History explanation)
f) My Purpose of Visit (Day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates which is a separate Explanation XX included), My Overall Finances (liquid and locked-in), Funds available for my visit
g) Why I must return to India by XX date

All the above details in the cover letter must be listed point-wise so that it's easy to read

Cheers

Bryanna thanks for your reply. i can gather all the documents you mentioned.will try to apply again and see. meanwhile it would be helpful if someone could share a sample cover letter as all this has to be explained in the letter. the reason they want to apply together as family is coz they all want a vacation and have limited days off so if they don't get canadian visa they will end up going to US.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@sayadil

Your itinerary must be India >> US >> Canada >> US >> India.... you must scan the US visa for each family member.

You can mention that your family will travel to and vacation in the US. If they get Canada TRVs then they will visit Canada.... otherwise they will return to India from the US

aron30

Nov 29, 2012
Hello Bryanna,

I wish to apply for a visitor's visa. ( I plan to visit for 2 weeks max). My issue is I don't have any relatives living there. Have anyone had success applying for TRV without an invitation letter? I can provide a hotel booking and air tickets as proof of my short visit. As well as details of what the places I intend to visit in Canada. Would that be sufficient? The last time I traveled was in 2011 is that too distant of a travel history?

Other than that I'm employed full-time as an IT Technician, have sufficient funds for my visit. i.e bank statements, property on my name though shared with my other siblings. I help with the bills (although not on my name but my bank statements would show the payment deducted from my account) plus I have loan which I took for renovation purposes. Not sure if these would be strong ties to my country. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Aaron

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@aron30

Yes, it is possible to get a TRV without having a Canadian host. Do prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing, activities, etc.... with expense estimates (entry fees, meals, local travel, etc).

You must prove that you have the funds to pay for this itinerary + airfare + hotel.

It's not advisable to book flight tickets until a TRV is issued.

For your property: Include copies of the ownership documents + property tax receipts (it must have your name along with those of your siblings) + self-valuation for the current indicative market value

Also, include an Explanation XX: My strong ties to my home country.... in this have separate sections for Property (state the total property value + your share and your value in the property as your assets) + Employment + Family ties, etc