+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BRYANNA HELP : How to prove ties?

hangon11

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hi,

I hope you can help me. I got a rejection and the reasons were family ties, purpose of visit and the officer
was not convinced I'd return.

My question is how do I prove ties; I am on a work permit valid till 2018 so not living in my country of citizenship.
I had showed the letter from work and lease for my flat, insurance policies.

What else can I show which is convincing since I'm applying from another country? Should I go home and apply from there?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You can apply from your current country of residence.... and you needn't return to your home country to apply from there.

1. How long did you want to visit? And why?

2. Do you have a Canadian host?

3. Do you have immediate family in Canada? And in your country of residence/home country?

4. What ties can you show to both your country of residence + home country: Family, property/land ownership + financial situation + previous travel history?

5. Do post the list of documents which you submitted

Cheers

hangon11

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Bryanna said:
Hi,

You can apply from your current country of residence.... and you needn't return to your home country to apply from there.

1. How long did you want to visit? And why?

Two weeks for vacation

2. Do you have a Canadian host?

No, showed a hotel booking

3. Do you have immediate family in Canada? And in your country of residence/home country?
No family in Canada. I have a brother and sister in my country of residence. In my home country are my parents and two brothers

4. What ties can you show to both your country of residence + home country: Family, property/land ownership + financial situation + previous travel history?
Country of residence: Full time employment, lease agreement, child enrolled in school, bank accounts, insurance policies
Home country: I am stuck there, nothing to show besides that my parents live there.

5. Do post the list of documents which you submitted
1) 6 months payslips
2) 3 months bank statements ( both the fixed deposit and current account) Fixed deposit hold about 10 000 CAD
3) Past 3 years' tax forms
4) Insurance policies ( one is study for my child the other is life cover)
5) Leave approval letter from work
6)Lease agreement
7)Copy of passport and valid work permit which expires in 2018
8) My child's birth certificate
9) Copies of previous visas to the UK and Schengen visa. I showed even the UK visa I got last year though I didn't manage to travel
10) Child enrollment letters for school next year

11) Cover letter and day to day itinerary

BTW I now realize I should have first applied for myself only and then my child later. I applied for both of us together. So it is not possible for me to go on holiday with my daughter?

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Has your personal and professional situation changed since your pm in June.... especially about your exams + your child/Canada ties?

Cheers

hangon11

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hi, thanks for responding.

I'm no longer pursuing those exams as my qualification is no longer considered a Canadian equivalent. So for now I
need my work here where I'm already licensed to practice. I did not mention that in the application. Maybe I should have
clarified that point and they still think I want to work in Canada.

Regarding my child, yes she will be sponsored in the future. Her father did not invite us as we felt that would have
increased ties to Canada. So my purpose of travel was for tourism and I guess the VO saw right through that.

I'm in a pickle and not sure how to remedy the situation.

Your thoughts?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

The visa officer probably believes that you want to reunite your child with her father + you may remain long-term in Canada because of this. When does her school start? Does she have any travel history?

Your situation has changed a bit since June. Do post specific evidence for your changed situation especially for your employment

Cheers

hangon11

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Bryanna said:
Hi,

The visa officer probably believes that you want to reunite your child with her father + you may remain long-term in Canada because of this. When does her school start? Does she have any travel history?

She starts school in January 2017 and I had submitted the school documents and confirmation of her place. She has no travel history so I plan to travel with her to visa free countries first ( South Africa, Hong Kong) and then UK and any Schengen country.

Your situation has changed a bit since June. Do post specific evidence for your changed situation especially for your employment

I did get the ECA report which said that my qualification was no longer Canadian equivalent. So there's no way I can go to Canada for work now and we are comfortable in our country of residence. However, I did not submit the document from the Canada Board. Guess I should have.

Is there any point in trying again for a visit visa or should I just wait for my child to get sponsored first and then try to get a TRV then?

Cheers

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Cheers
Hi Bryanna,

I arrived in Canada in Dec 2015, my child was born in Jan 2016 (in Toronto) and started working in March 2016. I wish to apply for my parents, however, unsure on proving ties to home country. I and parents have lived most of our lives in Dubai. Recently my dad retired and went to Pakistan for a year and now planning on going back to Dubai and work as a consultant/partner. We had a property but sold a couple of years ago due to some issues in that area.

I meet the criteria of Low-income-cut-off and will be filing for tax return in 2017 ASAP.

Please if you can guide on this.

Many thanks

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
Hello Friends,

I have doubt , having different in allies name of my mother passport .
Name on passport is Neetabahen .
while all other documents has Neetaben .
Should I change name in passport from Bahen to Ben , befor applying TRV .

Please help . I am expecting my first child and want my mother with us.

thanks in advance.