+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brothers complicated case (Study visa rejected) Please help

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Here is a profile of my brother . My brother started studying B.Tech (Electronics and communication) didn't completed it due to the backlogs he has. This (B.Tech course) was started in June 2011 but due to backlogs it's still not completed. Also my brother had less interest in this too

In the meantime he decided to study Diploma in journalism and mass communication from May 2015 to July 2016. He completed this course also he got experience as an Marketing intern from Year Oct 2016, to Nov 2017.

He got admission in business diploma course in canadian institution named as SIAST (Saskatchewan institue of applied sciences). But his study visa got rejected

The VO gave this reason for rejection.

Other reasons
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous
studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your
future prospects and plans.

Please note my brother got his visitor visa rejected in year 2015 when he was invited on my convocation.

Can you guys please help me in this i am lost here as i should reapply for the study permit. Or let my brother complete his B.Tech course first and then apply.

krishna88

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Here is a profile of my brother . My brother started studying B.Tech (Electronics and communication) didn't completed it due to the backlogs he has. This (B.Tech course) was started in June 2011 but due to backlogs it's still not completed. Also my brother had less interest in this too

In the meantime he decided to study Diploma in journalism and mass communication from May 2015 to July 2016. He completed this course also he got experience as an Marketing intern from Year Oct 2016, to Nov 2017.

He got admission in business diploma course in canadian institution named as SIAST (Saskatchewan institue of applied sciences). But his study visa got rejected

Other reasons
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous
studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your

Please note my brother got his visitor visa rejected in year 2015 when he was invited on my convocation.

Can you guys please help me in this i am lost here as i should reapply for the study permit. Or let my brother complete his B.Tech course first and then apply.
There are multiple problem with your brother's profile
1. His backlogs- showing he is not interested in studies
2. If the applied program is PG program then he is not eligible
3. His new program has no link to what he is studying, he needs to write LOE to justify why he wants this program
4. Looks like mark sheets of all the semester were not uploaded
5. His IELTS score are low

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Other reasons

Some other concerns with your brother's profile:
1. Even if your brother would like to clear the backlogs for his B.Tech course, would he be able to do so considering the huge gap from the time he dropped out of this course + he has lost interest?

2. There's a significant shift from a B.Tech. degree to a Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication. There's no co-relation between the two.

3. Your brother has not been able to hold on to either a study program (his B.Tech.) nor a job for too long.

4. Is he employed currently? Would the proposed study program at SIAST help in his career?

5. To a visa officer, it would seem like he is attempting any and all routes possible to enter/remain long-term in Canada.

IMO, your brother must first get education and career counseling to assess his aptitude, whether or not he is inclined to study, his personal career goals, etc. before he attempts a new study permit