+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brother Denied 2x

figs

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
My brother denied Visit visa 2x. He wants to visit me only sister. He is a Registered Nurse by profession. But he is working as a Medical Representative.

He has a lot of reason to go back to Philippines although he is single ( be back for work , parents , etc ) he is working full time in a prestigious company that offers him some travel abroads.

He went to different countries already Asia, Europe etc to name a few more. Question is why Canada is the only country he hasn’t been given a chance to visit or given a chance to hqve visitor visa? He will only visit his only sister and his nephew in Canada. What i s wrong with that? Is he anserial killer? A bad person who is a treat to canada? I am disappointed because I want to show my brother how beautiful Canada is. Im frustrated how they mark or put scored on being given a visa! He can’t even stay here for 2 months. Just a month or less! Because I cant able to go to Philippines becuase of my work here. Can i ask MP member parliamentary to help me with my brothers case? I am very upset. He did everything he can do. What is wrong in visiting hisnonlybsister. ☹☹☹ I want to ask for help what canadian embassy really wany to satisfy them that my brotehr is going back to PH he has all the papers and everything. OMG

Gurpreetji2000

Feb 17, 2018
Its so sad ,i wife is in same boat.only brother in India we tried 8 time but always same rejection letter .
I am not losing hope , he is all set jn India good business, employees working under him , 2 kids , good property?
I order GCMS note in thise note it say
" once reunite with family PA will not return" they are judging one on family behave not on individual basis.
I don't know what immigration want.
Just keep appling may be one day.

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
My brother denied Visit visa 2x. He wants to visit me only sister. He is a Registered Nurse by profession. But he is working as a Medical Representative.

He has a lot of reason to go back to Philippines although he is single ( be back for work , parents , etc ) he is working full time in a prestigious company that offers him some travel abroads.

He went to different countries already Asia, Europe etc to name a few more. Question is why Canada is the only country he hasn’t been given a chance to visit or given a chance to hqve visitor visa? He will only visit his only sister and his nephew in Canada. What i s wrong with that? Is he anserial killer? A bad person who is a treat to canada? I am disappointed because I want to show my brother how beautiful Canada is. Im frustrated how they mark or put scored on being given a visa! He can’t even stay here for 2 months. Just a month or less! Because I cant able to go to Philippines becuase of my work here. Can i ask MP member parliamentary to help me with my brothers case? I am very upset. He did everything he can do. What is wrong in visiting hisnonlybsister. ☹☹☹ I want to ask for help what canadian embassy really wany to satisfy them that my brotehr is going back to PH he has all the papers and everything. OMG
Hi, don’t lose hope. I applied for my finace’s visa first time in Dec ‘17. It got rejected. Then I applied in Feb‘18, it also got rejected. I applied immediately the third time in March ‘18 with stronger cover letter and documents. It just got approved. If you are genuine, apply but use a lawyer now (like David Cohen) or something.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

Just my personal observation, but Canada is the hardest tourist visa to get for most people. People who get rejected don’t usually understand what kind of proof to show. You have to show that he will leave Canada at the end of his visit.

(Edited: my bad, I misread OP; OP said he can’t stay for 2 months and requested a stay of 1 month or less. The rest of what I originally wrote below, I think, still applies to his background as a nurse with family in Canada.)

2 months is a very long time to put for his visit. That is one mistake he made in the application. It shows he does not have enough ties in the Philippines. The fact that he is a nurse compounds it. Canada thinks he’ll find work as a caregiver here.

What were the reasons for refusal?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If he did in fact request a 2 month visit, that's far too long and this was a mistake. This long a trip demonstrates he has extremely low ties to his home country. He should have asked for 2-3 weeks. This is a far more reasonable and normal period of leave from a job.

I would recommend that he wait 6-8 months before attempting to apply again and this time only request a 2-3 month visit.

It's also important to understand what information he included in his application to demonstrate ties to his home country. There may be further opportunities to strengthen his application and increase the chances of approval.

figs

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
We used a lawyer and send invitation to my brother. I dont know the basis of denying him a visa afterall, he has a good job back home & is travelling in and outbof the country with no issues because he is returning back each country he visited. Just recently he went on a three weeks vacation to the UK. He can have all the means to stay there but no, he chose to go back home because he is not like that. I am very frustrated to the Canadian Embassy in Manila.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
We used a lawyer and send invitation to my brother. I dont know the basis of denying him a visa afterall, he has a good job back home & is travelling in and outbof the country with no issues because he is returning back each country he visited. Just recently he went on a three weeks vacation to the UK. He can have all the means to stay there but no, he chose to go back home because he is not like that. I am very frustrated to the Canadian Embassy in Manila.
So, he took a 3-week vacation to the UK and applied for a Canadian TRV right away?
Were both refusals sent through the lawyer? Or just the most recent? You should ask your lawyer for the refusal letter. It's also possible your lawyer sent in careless applications. They don't care about approvals; they care for their own business. You can try re-applying yourself and be more thorough.

figs

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
GOOD NEWS... after 5 try finally my brother was granted canadian tourist visa ( applied april 25, approval May 4. Original passport request May 5. Thank you Lord.

0524Sharma

Dec 9, 2017
Hi, don’t lose hope. I applied for my finace’s visa first time in Dec ‘17. It got rejected. Then I applied in Feb‘18, it also got rejected. I applied immediately the third time in March ‘18 with stronger cover letter and documents. It just got approved. If you are genuine, apply but use a lawyer now (like David Cohen) or something.

0524Sharma

Dec 9, 2017
Hi onkarsharan,

I am with the same situation as your were, I applied for visitors visa on oct 17 th , got refused on nov 7th.

Then applied on March 16th and refused on April 7th.

During the previous application I was not married to by boyfriend.
We recently got married in May.

And would like to know the list of documents and what all have you mentioned in your application.

It would really help me.

Thanks in advance

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Hi onkarsharan,

I am with the same situation as your were, I applied for visitors visa on oct 17 th , got refused on nov 7th.

Then applied on March 16th and refused on April 7th.

During the previous application I was not married to by boyfriend.
We recently got married in May.

And would like to know the list of documents and what all have you mentioned in your application.

It would really help me.

Thanks in advance
Is your bf/husband a Canadian citizen or PR?

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017