+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brititipeggians?

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
Hmm I am not sure Brititipeggian will ever catch on... but worth a try!

I am moving to Winnipeg from London, UK with my girlfriend/common-law partner in June. While keen to integrate myself in Canadian life, it wouldn't be bad to know a few fellow... Brititipeggians! Anyone else moved to the land of Pegs?

jokulhaup

Oct 22, 2012
I'm not but one of the people I work with is one. What, specifically, do you want to know?

Here's my 3 tips:
Buy a home on high ground
Buy warm clothing and bug spray

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CkMaddall said:
Hmm I am not sure Brititipeggian will ever catch on... but worth a try!

I am moving to Winnipeg from London, UK with my girlfriend/common-law partner in June. While keen to integrate myself in Canadian life, it wouldn't be bad to know a few fellow... Brititipeggians! Anyone else moved to the land of Pegs?
Your best place to find fellow brits is at http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=33

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
jokulhaup said:
I'm not but one of the people I work with is one. What, specifically, do you want to know?

Here's my 3 tips:
Buy warm clothing and bug spray
That is what I hear too - I was there in January and we landed in -32*C (-47 wind chill). I have never been so cold.

I do however rather like the fact that we can buy a house in the centre of town for half the price of my London flat, and with 3 times as many bedrooms!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CkMaddall said:
I do however rather like the fact that we can buy a house in the centre of town for half the price of my London flat, and with 3 times as many bedrooms!
Sure, Winnipeg has one of the lowest real estate price in Canada! Try compare London with Vancouver!

oz_brex

Jan 25, 2013
You might try Meetup too. When my xenophobic British grandfather was alive and came to Winnipeg to visit, he would always go to the Toad in the Hole, drink beer, sing songs, they all knew him there. Said it was the only place he felt like he was still in England.

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
You might try Meetup too. When my xenophobic British grandfather was alive and came to Winnipeg to visit, he would always go to the Toad in the Hole, drink beer, sing songs, they all knew him there. Said it was the only place he felt like he was still in England.
Just googled the Toad, and it is 500 meters away from where we will be living... this is very good news!