+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

British Council of Mexico failed to correct my passport number and now are asking me to retake the exam

thiagotm

Feb 24, 2023
On Dec 17th I took the IELTS Exam in Monterrey, Mexico. My passport number was incorrect, so the teacher who took my picture and fingerprints said she would fix it. On Dec 22nd, I received my Test Report, and my passport number was still incorrect. I asked for the change through the Test Taker Portal and sent the amendment form and a copy of my passport to the British Council of Mexico.
On Jan 13th, I went to pick up the new Test Report, and it still wasn´t updated. On Feb 14th, the test center told me the new document was ready, but it was still not updated. I requested the change again to the British Council of Mexico, and on the 15th, they told me it was updated, and they would send it to the school on the same day.
However, on Feb 23rd, I received an email from the test center saying that they could not change the information anymore and I would have to take a new exam free of charge.
Why they told me on the 15th that it was updated, and then one week later they told me it could not be done (it was supposed to be done already)?
Now I have to go through all the pressure and stress to get a good result (L9.0 R8.0 W7.0 S7.5) because of something I have been asking for two months
What can I do?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
On Dec 17th I took the IELTS Exam in Monterrey, Mexico. My passport number was incorrect, so the teacher who took my picture and fingerprints said she would fix it. On Dec 22nd, I received my Test Report, and my passport number was still incorrect. I asked for the change through the Test Taker Portal and sent the amendment form and a copy of my passport to the British Council of Mexico.
On Jan 13th, I went to pick up the new Test Report, and it still wasn´t updated. On Feb 14th, the test center told me the new document was ready, but it was still not updated. I requested the change again to the British Council of Mexico, and on the 15th, they told me it was updated, and they would send it to the school on the same day.
However, on Feb 23rd, I received an email from the test center saying that they could not change the information anymore and I would have to take a new exam free of charge.
Why they told me on the 15th that it was updated, and then one week later they told me it could not be done (it was supposed to be done already)?
Now I have to go through all the pressure and stress to get a good result (L9.0 R8.0 W7.0 S7.5) because of something I have been asking for two months
What can I do?
You might want to try contacting British Council directly and see how it goes.

Reactions: Naturgrl and scylla