+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

British Council IELTS results WITHHELD!!

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I appeared for IELTS on 26th September 2015 in New Delhi. My results were supposed to be declared and made available online today. However, when I checked my results on the below link it said 'No Results Found'

https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx

I called up their customer care and the lady said that my results have been withheld for analyzing and quality purposes ??? ??? She wouldn't tell me the date when I will get the results and said that results are often withheld by Cambridge and this is mentioned in the Terms and Conditions. She said that email has been already sent to you, however I haven't received any such email.

Has anyone faced this situation before? I am really frustrated and am thinking of making my EE profile with a random IELTS result and updating it with actual results in a week or so when they come out. Any help guys? Really appreciated.

xlnc20

Apr 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes the same happened with me also. The results were not announced as per the actual schedule. There was considerable delay. I think its usual.

iamSunny

Feb 3, 2015
Nothing to worry, I also faced this situation,It happens only when you get good band scores or uneven band scores for example you might have scored 8/8.5 in reading but scored 6/6.5 in writing.

It's completely depends upon on your luck when you will be receiving your results.Time varies from less than a week to 4 months.

It took 3 months for me to get the results where as one of my friend received in less than a week.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
farazh89 said:
I appeared for IELTS on 26th September 2015 in New Delhi. My results were supposed to be declared and made available online today. However, when I checked my results on the below link it said 'No Results Found'

https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx

I called up their customer care and the lady said that my results have been withheld for analyzing and quality purposes ??? ??? She wouldn't tell me the date when I will get the results and said that results are often withheld by Cambridge and this is mentioned in the Terms and Conditions. She said that email has been already sent to you, however I haven't received any such email.

Has anyone faced this situation before? I am really frustrated and am thinking of making my EE profile with a random IELTS result and updating it with actual results in a week or so when they come out. Any help guys? Really appreciated.
It happened to me as well. Just sit tight, you will get your result. I got mine in 2 weeks - had 8.5 in Listening, 6.5 in Writing.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamSunny said:
Nothing to worry, I also faced this situation,It happens only when you get good band scores or uneven band scores for example you might have scored 8/8.5 in reading but scored 6/6.5 in writing.

It's completely depends upon on your luck when you will be receiving your results.Time varies from less than a week to 4 months.

It took 3 months for me to get the results where as one of my friend received in less than a week.
It took 3 months for you!! By that time u could've appeared for 2 more tests! I hope mine come sooner than this.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
It happened to me as well. Just sit tight, you will get your result. I got mine in 2 weeks - had 8.5 in Listening, 6.5 in Writing.
Thanks for the reply. Did u get any email from them mentioning the revised date of results? I haven't got any email regarding this.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
farazh89 said:
Thanks for the reply. Did u get any email from them mentioning the revised date of results? I haven't got any email regarding this.
Yes, I got an email from them. If the person you spoke with said they sent you an email, then they probably did.

In the email they specified the date the result would be made available - and it was. So I guess not all cases are the same.

Just be patient. I know the wait can be very nervy, but there's not much you can do.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks One_topsy, that is comforting. +1. I received email from them this morning. However, it does not mention when the results will be declared. I hope soon enough.

Dear Candidate,

We refer to your IELTS test of 26th Sept’2015 – NORTH INDIA
As part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, test results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates.  

Unfortunately it was not possible to include all the results from this centre in the analysis for this test session. These results will be analysed shortly.

Please note that it is specified in the declaration signed by candidates on the application form that there may be occasions when it is necessary to issue a result more than 13 days after the test.

Please accept our apologies for this delay.

Regards, 

IELTS Test Centre Administrator

Examination Services

NORTH INDIA

farzinaam

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Do you have any updates on your withheld results? My result has been withheld too.. I called up the BC helpline number.. They say that they do not have any updates yet.. It might take another 2 weeks.. :( :(

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No man...no updates yet. No mail nothing. We are getting screwed by IELTS. I wish outlanders could also take CELPIP.

ifras

Oct 22, 2015
AOR Received.
23 Feb 2022
Interview........
Passport Req..
08 Nov 2017
VISA ISSUED...
I am facing same problem. my test was on 8 oct and the result was due on 21 oct,15. i emailed them and they said it is delayed becox of some quality control procedures. i emailed them 2nd time and the said it might appear after 7-10 days and its also not confirmed. this waiting is very frustrating. Why they take so much time and 3 months is too long .not acceptable at all.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ifras said:
I am facing same problem. my test was on 8 oct and the result was due on 21 oct,15. i emailed them and they said it is delayed becox of some quality control procedures. i emailed them 2nd time and the said it might appear after 7-10 days and its also not confirmed. this waiting is very frustrating. Why they take so much time and 3 months is too long .not acceptable at all.
We cannot do much. I called BC up many times. They said that they have no information whatsoever regarding when the results are going to be declared. It's been almost a month now. Results nowhere in sight.

farzinaam

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
sdkapoor5 said:
Same is the case with me.
I gave my exam on 19th September but no results yet.
Did anyone have any info?
19th Sep? That's even 7 days before my exam date.. And you still haven't heard anything from BC? I wonder when we'll be getting our results..